Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Burch. A real mystery. Seeing as to how this is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Burch. A real mystery. Seeing as to how this is

Dec 10, 2019, 6:00 PM

the last “official visit” weekend before early signing date, and he is not scheduled to come, obviously we are out. Don’t know what it is, and I have heard many theories, but all season long most recruiting analysts have said was a Clemson lean. I’m hearing either LSU or USux. Both schools are shi**y academically but otherwise they are two extremes. One is a winner, the other is not. Coach O is a relentless recruiter but maybe he has wanted to stay home all along. He knows he will be an instant started at USux and I am confident he has been told so. However, he has to know that their coach is not secure.

Oh well, you can’t win them all. I still think Joyner regrets his decision.

Just doesn’t make sense to me, but I do not know what is going through his mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Burch. A real mystery. Seeing as to how this is

Dec 10, 2019, 6:04 PM

Maybe he has always wanted to play for the chickens. I know that if I were a boy and had played football, I would have wanted to play for Clemson. The win loss record would not have mattered.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

If he's destined for greatness, it won't matter where he goes.

Nobody knows his thought process. Maybe he'll elaborate after announcing (doubt it).

Clemson is the only school that he would possibly sit

Dec 10, 2019, 6:25 PM

Or sub in order to get in. I think he’s good enough to be the guy the others would have to sit behind but at LSU he plays automatically bc their defense needs help and USuck well... my goodness he’d be more important than the coach.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:39 PM

Any possible academic concerns maybe? Did we maybe cool with concerns for other than talent?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? USC and LSU are bad academically?

Dec 10, 2019, 6:42 PM

Not trying to be rude, but that is an incredibly ignorant statement.

I don’t encourage young people today to go to a traditional college or university for many reasons and suggest a technical college - you get a better education and a more practical one, too. Especially for today.

If a young person did want a traditional education, however, then they can certainly achieve whatever they want to do by graduating from USC or LSU. In any major either offers.

That same student can also do it at Wyoming, Duke, NM State, Oregon, FSU, UGA, Cleveland State Community College, Auburn, Anderson University, Tri County Tech, Pittsburgh, Brevard, etc, etc

Re: What? USC and LSU are bad academically?

Dec 10, 2019, 7:37 PM

Meh, less rude and more ignorant. Not only did I not make a statement, but I insinuated nothing. I questioned why a young man from in state with tremendous talent and an opportunity to play for one of the greatest programs in the country would rather go to one of the teams that made your team look like hot garbage, rather than Clemson.

It was a question. “Did we back off?” as we have previously for academic reasons and or character issues.

Now, return to your dog house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, I’m lifting weights!

Dec 10, 2019, 10:10 PM

Gotta keep everything toned and sinuous.

I do understand what you were saying - all cool.

Re: Dude, I’m lifting weights!

Dec 10, 2019, 10:38 PM

Free weights?

Re: What? USC and LSU are bad academically?

Dec 10, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to What? USC and LSU are bad academically? ]

yours is the ignorant statement. if you believe the education is the same at Duke vs UGA for example. If you believe it you're ignorant. go back to your site and try and figure out why UGA always chokes.

I’d take a Tri County Tech graduate over..

Dec 10, 2019, 10:08 PM

a Duke, UGA, Clemson, or Harvard graduate.

Between Duke, Clemson, Harvard, or UGA - Gimmie the Clemson grad.

Clemson is one of the VERY FEW public universities that is not totally brain dead today with professors and administrators. It is not necessarily a good environment, but much better than most.

Re: I’d take a Tri County Tech graduate over..

Dec 10, 2019, 10:23 PM

I'm still not going to give you a TU for that because of all of your past BS, but I actually understand exactly the point you are trying to make here and it's a very good point. There is a HUGE void in skilled workers in the trades and technical college is the more appropriate avenue to use to fill that void...Alright now I gotta go shower in bleach....

Dec 10, 2019, 10:42 PM

I get it too.

Careful with the bleach man!

Dec 10, 2019, 11:51 PM [ in reply to I’d take a Tri County Tech graduate over.. ]

No Harvard grad would ever apply to work for you. They can get six-figure jobs right out of college. Also, I think you'll find Tri-County Tech (and I like Tech Schools too) is not producing many professionals (ie: Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers). It produces people in the trade fields, which is not the focal point of our economy, though you can make a healthy living from those schools.

Dec 11, 2019, 7:27 AM

For the last 6 years, ive been remodeling houses. Making more doing that than with my accounting degree. Tile setter earns $2500 for a bathroom that takes 1 day of work. Tech schools may not be the "in" thing, but the idea of them being for people who can't make it is garbage. Of course, you had better be a go getter

one of my daughters started out in community college

Dec 11, 2019, 7:42 AM [ in reply to What? USC and LSU are bad academically? ]

and is now a rocket scientist. She got a $5000 scholarship from NASA to pay for her second year of community college and went on to get a degree from State in Chemical Engineering. My other daughter went to community college as well, she is 25 yrs old, also is a ChemE, her company put her through MBA school at Wake and is now a senior manager making a solid 6 figure income working for a large manufacturing company.

Neither had the grades to get into Engineering college at State or Clemson, though one could have been accepted in another major (not the rocket scientist)

I own an engineering company. I have a lot of clients that have way less education that I do but are financially far more successful running large construction companies or other businesses.

My lowest paid worker is one of my most educated workers.

Clemson is very average academically. I did not get accepted to MIT or GT or Cal Tech or and of the Ivy league schools or Duke or ,,,

I could have gone to UofSC and been a great gas pumper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one knows if he’s taking an official visit this weekend

Dec 10, 2019, 6:48 PM

And he didn’t take an official to USC. All the noise your hearing is just noise, because it’s uniformed noise because his mother controls everything and she isn’t talking. Clemson had an in home visit and Coach Swinney wouldn’t have gone if he didn’t think he was in the running.

He knows everything he needs to about

Dec 10, 2019, 7:20 PM

Clemson and USC from growing up there and having friends on both teams. No need for an official. He’s been to UGA plenty on unofficials too. Still think he ends up at a CFP contender with a stable coaching situation, whether it’s us, UGA, Bama or LSU. USC’s recruiting is gonna stink until they fire Muschamp or he performs a miracle.

Re: No one knows if he’s taking an official visit this weekend

Dec 10, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to No one knows if he’s taking an official visit this weekend ]

When did this in home happen?

Dec 10, 2019, 9:59 PM [ in reply to No one knows if he’s taking an official visit this weekend ]

So the only 2 officials he took were to Alabama and LSU? I don't feel as good as I once did, but I still think we have a decent shot.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to No one knows if he’s taking an official visit this weekend ]

Have been told he's taking an official to South Carolina on Saturday.

When Momma holds your hand that long

Dec 10, 2019, 6:49 PM

...something is usually off.

Kids like this rarely make their way to Clemson, and it's probably for the best.

He's from SC, if he doesn't already know he wants to come to Clemson (silent committ) then he's not a fit. It doesn't take that long to figure out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fact: Nobody knows anything

Dec 10, 2019, 7:22 PM

outside of his inner circle.

Everything on him is pure speculation except his top schools that he put out. Just relax. If he comes to Clemson, great. If not, that stinks. Just don't be that guy that says we didn't want him, or he wouldn't have been a good fit anyway. If you say that, you're just lying to yourself. He's good. He just chooses to keep his cards close to his chest. I, for one, can respect that. We'll find out next Thursday...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post.***

Dec 10, 2019, 7:50 PM

Good post.***

Dec 10, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Fact: Nobody knows anything ]

Re: Fact: Nobody knows anything

Dec 10, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Fact: Nobody knows anything ]

Yeah i cant stand that guy who says "well we didnt want him that bad" or "the coaches must of backed off" when a recruit chooses to go elsewhere. In some cases that may be true but like dabo has said many times, Clemson is not for everyone and there are really good athletes who dont mind going to a program thats not known for their winning culture. We picked up SW, Stephone Anthony, Mike Bellamy and Tony Steward who were all 5 star recruits after a 6-7 season. Bad schools can get good players

Dec 10, 2019, 7:42 PM

Looks like he is headed to Bama based on his most recent official and unofficial visits.......but if he decides to go to the Coots we probably don’t want him anyway with that mentality (or lack thereof).....either way we will be fine with or without him......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2019, 9:10 PM

I thought he was heading to LSU, but if Dave Aranda reaches an agreement with UNLV in the next couple of days, all bets are off.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:22 PM

From a very reliable source he will be a coot

Dec 10, 2019, 10:05 PM

Tiger14 said:

From a very reliable source he will be a coot

What we've heard as well. But with this kid keeping everything as close to the vest as he has who knows. I'd love to have him but honestly I thought we were out of it long ago so if it happens it'll be a pleasant surprise, if not then I was already prepared for that outcome.

Alabama prognosticators seems to have conceded that we are in the lead and LSU is very close behind. My guess would have been LSU tbh.

Dec 10, 2019, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Burch. A real mystery. Seeing as to how this is ]

Lol I heard from a reliable source he’s ours. I’m confident he will be a Clemson Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Why in the world would he go there??

Dec 11, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Burch. A real mystery. Seeing as to how this is ]

I too expect him to pick the coots but I can't figure out why. They just went 4-8. Muschamp is lucky he wasn't fired this year but most certainly will be next year at they go 4-8 or 5-7. Only guess I have is that Burch wants to be a big fish in a little pond, get tons of play time in games they will likely lose and prep hard for the NFL.

If my mom was making me play for the Coots

Dec 10, 2019, 10:10 PM

Some people just have to learn the hard way ...

Dec 10, 2019, 10:55 PM

that's why we have traffic courts and prisons

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 11:10 PM

Dabo going in home this week so obviously the staff still thinks we have a shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 11:13 PM

Didn't realize that. You have a link?

Dec 10, 2019, 11:17 PM

There is no such thing academically as a good university or a bad university. It all depends on what you want to study. USC is far better than Clemson in many of the liberal arts and in medicine. Clemson is excellent in engineering and agriculture. Any major university has whole schools of study in which they excel. And any student that wants to focus and work hard can get an excellent education there. I always ask my students what field of study they are interested in before helping them look at colleges.

Bogus

Dec 10, 2019, 11:53 PM

There are good universities and bad universities. Places you get a degree solely by being enrolled, and other places where you have to at least show up for class.

EXCELLENT POST

Dec 11, 2019, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Burch. A real mystery. Seeing as to how this is ]

Sir, you nailed it. Exactly.

Dec 11, 2019, 4:44 AM

I am not surprised. We are pretty stacked already. He might just want easy playing time.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic