Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryce Harper signing a contract worth $330 million has me thinking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Bryce Harper signing a contract worth $330 million has me thinking

Mar 1, 2019, 12:28 PM

I might have made a big mistake by not becoming a professional athlete.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryce Harper signing a contract worth $330 million has me thinking

Mar 1, 2019, 12:29 PM

https://www.cubshq.com/update/Bryce-Harper-signs-record-breaking-deal-25962

Wow that board is way way too much like Tigernet lol***

Mar 1, 2019, 12:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

^ That'll get deleted soon

Mar 1, 2019, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Harper signing a contract worth $330 million has me thinking ]

The mods don't like you posting links to stories on other websites ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Harper signing a contract worth $330 million has me thinking ]

https://www.cubshq.com/update/Bryce-Harper-signs-record-breaking-deal-25962

Bizarro Jerry in Seinfeld. WTH. The exact same but different!

It's not worth it

Mar 1, 2019, 12:36 PM

now you gotta worry about all those taxes and stuff ...... /)

null

Mar 1, 2019, 12:38 PM

He's about to have the worst year statistically of his professional career.
That's standard operating procedure after inking these types of deals .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 1, 2019, 2:51 PM

Harper's a very good player and that's it. The amount of $ and the length are both insane. When he flames out after 6-7 years, the Phillies will then look pretty bad.

Got me thinking too.

Mar 1, 2019, 12:39 PM

Tomorrow I'm trying out for the NBA.

Re: Got me thinking too.

Mar 1, 2019, 12:53 PM

I just hope its enough to take care of his family because L Bell could not do that for just 14.5 million.

Mar 1, 2019, 1:06 PM

That's 2106 regular season games...

$156,695.16 per game...

If he gets 4 AB, that's $39,173.79 when he steps into the batter's box($52,231.72 for 3 AB)...

Each inning - $17,410.58 not missing an inning ever....

Philly, as The Tams would sing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdfjCDWG0Rk

Mar 1, 2019, 1:24 PM

And he got this deal after hitting .249 last season. I personally think he's perhaps the most overrated player in sports. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player so I'm not saying he sucks or anything. It's just that he's talked about as if he's the best player in the league and one of the biggest stars in recent memory.

Last season he hit .249 with 34 homers and 100 RBI's. That placed him 16th in the majors in homers, and tied for 15th in RBI's.

He's a career .279 hitter, and in 7 seasons he's hit above .300 just twice, and has had 2 seasons where he hit below .250. Last season was the first time in his career with at least 100 RBI's in a season, and only the 2nd time he hit at least 30 homers.

He's a good player, but I just don't see the hype over him being a top 5 player in the league. I don't really see how he's any different from someone like Freddie Freeman who doesn't really get a lot of hype. Freeman is a career .293 hitter who puts up similar homerun and RBI numbers. Last season Freeman hit .309 with 23 homers and 98 RBI's. So Harper has a little more power than Freeman, but hits for a much less average, and they drive in around the same amount of runs.

Mar 1, 2019, 1:39 PM

One of the more crazier parts of the contract is that there is no-opt-out clause so they are tied together till he is 39 years old.

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

On-base % was .393. I care far more about that then batting average.***

Mar 1, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Harper signing a contract worth $330 million has me thinking ]

I was a professional athlete.

Mar 1, 2019, 2:10 PM

Scotch Doubles bowling in my mid 20’s. It wasn’t that glamorous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Reminds me of the old Skip Carey joke:

Mar 1, 2019, 2:18 PM

Don Sutton axed him who led the league in doubles last year. Skip replied: I think I did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 2:32 PM

I agree with you in every sense of should have, I believe that I gave up on a possible career in baseball over the thrill of chasing after the gifts of the opposite sex much to early in my life. I gave up after school BB practice for a after school job bc, it was impossible to chase after the girls without a car. And after staying out all night in my moms car, that ended that privilege the instant I pull in the drive way the next morning at 6:30 AM. The only time I ever drove my moms car again, she was setting in the front seat with me. I tried explaining to my mom that I couldn't go on dates with her in the front seat, and her response to that was, my time to have her car back in the yard was 12 midnight, and I should have thought about that before I kept her car out to 6:30 in the morning with her up all night worrying about if I had been in an accident. Telling her that me and my GF fell asleep in the car at her parents house didn't work at all!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic