Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell, one question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,696

Brownell, one question

Mar 8, 2015, 2:43 PM

Simple question, with all the players that keep leaving the program due to lack of playing time, academics, or is Brownell an abusive coach? I do not ask the question to start anything, only worried when I see the number of transfers from his first recruiting class that Hall was apart of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk, but i don't see "abuse" in any of his mannerisms

Mar 8, 2015, 2:50 PM

on court or off.

he might be a "clemson way or the highway" type coach which might be an eye opener for some once the first practice whistle sounds?

if you don't fit, you might as well split?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In talking with people close to the program,

Mar 8, 2015, 3:06 PM

it has nothing to do with being abusive.

I think it has more to do with the fact that he is EXTREMELY demanding that his players buy into his program and if you don't, you will sit, period!

Brownells runs a squeaky clean program, even if it's at the expense of some wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In talking with people close to the program,

Mar 8, 2015, 10:09 PM

that describes half the quality coaches out there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell, one question

Mar 8, 2015, 3:11 PM

Add in the fact that he is in his 5th year. The program is regressing instead of improving. His first year he went to the NCAA tournament with Purnell's players. Last year he went to the NIT because of McDaniel's unexpected good year. That is the only reason. He has had a lot of transfers probably because they don't like his style of play. Great defense does win football games but basketball requires putting the ball in the hole. He has recruited some players who were supposedly good shooters in high school but have failed miserably on the college level or have been inconsistent at best.

Mar 8, 2015, 3:40 PM

I never thought I would ever say a thing like this, but Brownell makes Cliff Ellis look like John Wooden...Ellis did win some games and did put some guys in the pros...this guy has done neither...outside of McDaniel he has not developed anybody and has not won a big game that I can remember

Mar 8, 2015, 9:19 PM

Clemson has had zero history or sustained success in basketball.we have one final 8 banner, some NIT banners, a couple of NCAA banners, and retired a few jerseys.

In last 20 years 1995 to 2015... Name the Clemson guys who were drafted and played in NBA. Also count that number.

Then explain how great this program has been and how far it has fallen under Coach BB.

Wright
Solomon
Booker
Buckner
KJ
Maybe add in Chris Whitney, Dale Davis and Elden Campbell if you take it back 25 years to the 1990 year of NBA draft.

It looks to me that around 1993.. Clemson started a downhill slide in terms of recruiting nba caliber players. So maybe the Cliff Ellis staff was best recruiting staff in Clemson history. OP had one player drafted and he stayed 4 years. Brad has one player drafted and he left early.

I will wait to pass judgment on Coach Brad B in three years. I want to see what he can build in terms of momentum with the start and finish of better facilities.

I do think selling Clemson as a basketball school should not be as hard as some think. Recruit a guy from Midwest or northeast and have them visit campus in April or may. Walk on Bowman as the ladies are out in Spring attire. Get recruits and families down for Sept / Oct football game weekend and show out. Clemson is awesome in Spring and Fall.

How is that a hard sell?

The OP diatribe is getting old. OP

Mar 8, 2015, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell, one question ]

really killed it at DePaul huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Every player signed knew the style of

Mar 8, 2015, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell, one question ]

play except Johnson and Hill who were OP recruits. Of those who have transferred, Johnson an Hill did nothing at their new schools. Cory Stanton was a reach after OP left and never did anything after he left. Coleman was a non factor at Temple this year, and Sullivan hardly played at Charlotte. The only one who had done anything is Sapp at Murray St, and that's a big step down from the ACC. BTW, their were nearly 500 transfers last year. It's part of the game now. The ones that left us have pretty much shown they weren't that good

yet this is what we sign

Mar 8, 2015, 10:56 PM

The ones that left us have pretty much shown they weren't that good

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Major point they were all here either prior

Mar 8, 2015, 11:06 PM

To Brownell or part of his first class. The 4 from his second class are all still here as are the 3 from his third and those from this past year. I really don't even count Stanton

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,696
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic