Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bring Back Chad Morris as a WR/Asst HC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 3,010

Bring Back Chad Morris as a WR/Asst HC.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:32 AM

The offense was crisper and unpredictable. A new wrinkle before the playoffs would be beneficial.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to drink your coffee, take your pill, go for a run

Dec 10, 2019, 9:33 AM

or whatever it is that you do to get woken up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You need to drink your coffee, take your pill, go for a run

Dec 10, 2019, 10:21 AM

I agree. Terrible idea. Morris was great on the high school level. Not so great in college.

Re: Bring Back Chad Morris as a WR/Asst HC.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:35 AM

doubt he would see the field with Higgins, Ross, Rodgers, etc...

and he’s too short for the next level.***

Dec 10, 2019, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:35 AM

He's been a HC twice and an OC....he's not stepping down to a WR coach. Besides Hood has made it very clear he's not coming back.

No. I would prefer Brandon Streeter.***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. I would prefer Brandon Streeter.***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:39 AM

Yep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 10, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to No. I would prefer Brandon Streeter.*** ]

That's nice but if Malzahn and Morris team up at Auburn.. They will be dangerous. Title shouln't matter.. Get Chad back on your team.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

Yeah, Chad will be dangerous to Guz having any chance of keeping his job.

We have won two nattys after he left.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: No. I would prefer Brandon Streeter.*** ]

I think Dabo has found a way to improve upon Morris's system without Chad calling the plays.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Neither of those guys, separate or combined, is as

Dec 10, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: No. I would prefer Brandon Streeter.*** ]

dangerous as what we have right now. The only reason people think Morris is so great is because he was light years better than Rob Spence, and that wasn't hard to do. We got better literally immediately after he left. Streeter, Elliott, and Scott took Cole Stoudt to Florida and beat Oklahoma into oblivion. Stoudt looked like a different player that night, and that was because of coaching.

THIS ^^^^^

Dec 10, 2019, 9:59 AM

If a player didn’t fit his system exactly.... he was terrible at adjusting his system for available personnel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: THIS ^^^^^

Dec 10, 2019, 11:15 AM

Yep made a post yesterday about this. Once DW4 went down for a few weeks in 2014 our offense looked terrible. He didnt have any idea on what to do with Cole Stoudt. I do appreciate him coming here though because he did teach Elliot/Scott a few things but when they added there own wrinkle this offense has been almost unstoppable. I would love to know the stat on how many teams held us under 30 points since they took over, i would guess maybe 5

THIS ^^^^^

Dec 10, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to LOL. Neither of those guys, separate or combined, is as ]

If a player didn’t fit his system exactly.... he was terrible at adjusting his system for available personnel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS ^^^^^

Dec 10, 2019, 12:37 PM

Thus his tenure at Arkansas. Not a teachable guy. Asked for, and got the moon at Arkansas but take that $$$ and divide by number of wins. Ouch. Supposedly bought 3.8 million $ home. Ouch. Wonder how much AD’s and millionaire coaches consider sacrifices of fans to put university in best position. Not much of a return on Morris investment.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:39 AM

No, he wasn't that good the first time or as HC since he left.

Should my meter be going bonkers?

Dec 10, 2019, 9:40 AM

You serious, Clark?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Noooooooo.***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:42 AM

Dec 10, 2019, 9:45 AM

No way.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:46 AM

Our offense was very predictable under morris. I could predict that Chad would choke in every big game. He blew out lesser opponents and pulled choke jobs of epic proportions in games that really mattered. For what I care, he can go back to high school.

Dec 10, 2019, 10:00 AM

2015 season Natty was pretty efficient, Bama couldn't stop us. It was the defense and special teams that lost that game.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:46 AM

That ship has sailed. He isn't coming back. Crisper offense with him? What kind of a cave do you live in?? U guys need to get out of the past. I am not real sure the guy ever beat Carolina. Maybe once? No sir, we are good without Mr. Morris.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

I appreciate what he did when he was here but, thankfully, that train has left the station.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 9:49 AM

Screw Calford.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:57 AM

Are joking? Did you actually watch any games. While Morris was no Spence....it was very predictable. Bubble screen bubble screen run

Dec 10, 2019, 10:12 AM

Um, no. We are much more explosive without trickeration now than we were with him. He was a great OC to take us into this era but he became predictable outside of his trick plays. Screens and QB delayed runs behind pulling OL. Id rather not run TL 28 times a game.

Uh......No!

Dec 10, 2019, 10:31 AM

Morris was a good play caller because we were the only team in the ACC that was running the HUNH and because he had elite skill players. With all respect to Coach Morris he was not very good calling plays of the flow of the game.

The biggest example was the 2013 Scar game. In the first half we were running the ball down their throats. Morris believed you had to do certain things in a game to increase the percentage of winning (he used data). The second half he abandoned the run because he had to achieve certain passing stats to ensure victory. Sometimes you simply take what the defense is giving you until they stop it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Haaaayuuuuuullllllllllll No!***

Dec 10, 2019, 11:02 AM

Dec 10, 2019, 11:19 AM

0/10.

He spent halftime of every game updating his resume.***

Dec 10, 2019, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 11:45 AM

Whatever CM might bring (granting for the sake of argument that he's as good as you say he is), wouldn't compensate for the disruption such a change would cause.

Consultant? Sure; bring him on. Decision-maker? perish the thought.

What is NO, for any amount of money. The Chad had his sights

Dec 10, 2019, 12:57 PM

set on being a Head Coach from Day One, and as such was never All In with us. He helped us, we helped him, and leave that past as just that, the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 2:17 PM

That's easily the worst idea I've heard in a long time. We have been orders of magnitude better since we got rid of that bloated, over-complicated playbook and stubborn play-calling. How well did it work at SMU & Arky??

Replies: 33
| visibility 3,010
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic