Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN continuing with non sport
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,421

ESPN continuing with non sport

Sep 23, 2020, 4:59 PM

Related issues. Have an article on front page about the Breona Taylor verdict and what athletes are saying. Maybe these athletes and celebs should quit there lucrative day jobs and go back to school to be a lawywr, or run for office, better yet become a police officer or quit whining about how unfair our political system and police force are.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29953463/one-officer-indicted-grand-jury-breonna-taylor-killing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, maybe they could just keep doing what they're doing

Sep 23, 2020, 5:04 PM

and you could go on with your life.

Re: Or, maybe they could just keep doing what they're doing

Sep 23, 2020, 5:09 PM

and you could go on with your life.

And he posts the link, giving them the internet traffic they want.

Re: ESPN continuing with non sport

Sep 23, 2020, 5:08 PM

jrsimps said:

Related issues. Have an article on front page about the Breona Taylor verdict and what athletes are saying. Maybe these athletes and celebs should quit there lucrative day jobs and go back to school to be a lawywr, or run for office, better yet become a police officer or quit whining about how unfair our political system and police force are.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29953463/one-officer-indicted-grand-jury-breonna-taylor-killing

And you contribute to it by posting about it on a message board. You hate ESPN, but you were consuming their content to know. And they know you are going to watch or read anyway, as you are proving here.

problem is most people are little-minded enough

Sep 23, 2020, 5:13 PM

to follow what pro athletes and celebrities for moral, political and social guidance. We're doomed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 23, 2020, 5:17 PM

They’re just showing their ignorance. Unless it comes out that this was part of some kind of conspiracy they should not be charged with murder and there’s nothing racial about it.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:24 PM

that kind of attitude does not help bring about real lasting positive change, as called for in the Preamble to the racist US Constitution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 23, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN continuing with non sport ]

ESPN has morphed into nothing but a democrat, liberal, racist mouthpiece. I watch nothing but football games on that network. Pure trash on other topics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Breonna Taylor's death is a tragedy

Sep 23, 2020, 5:59 PM

The civil settlement in my mind, while not obviously going to bring her back, is justified. I also feel her boyfriend was probably justified in shooting at the police if indeed he was awakened by the police crashing into the house. However, I also think the police were justified in returning fire once they were fired upon. Were drugs found in this house? Was this a screw up and the wrong house? I don't know. However, if so, this can't happen. The police need to be 100% sure when they are crashing into a home, that criminal activity is going on. The AG is a very well spoken young African-American. I don't see him being a toady and going along with a racially motivated killing. I fully understand the hurt and anger of her boyfriend and parents, but do understand why the officers are not being charged. It looks from one with limited information that events tragically spun out of control and that in the future, the police must be certain that criminal activity is going on before going in. I 100% would have pulled my nightstand Sig 9mm and fired it too if I was asleep and woke up to a bunch of screaming men crashing into my home. We will never know whether the boyfriend's story is valid, but it my well be, as I am not aware of the boyfriend being charged for shooting at the police and injuring at least one I believe. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Hopefully Dabo and our players will look at this issue very carefully if they should choose to speak out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breonna Taylor's death is a tragedy

Sep 24, 2020, 10:16 AM

As I read and hear more about the case, I again feel the grand jury's decision was correct. It is now even shown that the police knocked 3 times and announced they had a warrant before breaking in despite the fact that they had a "no knock warrant." The boyfriend perhaps? was asleep and didn't hear the knocks or the police announcing their presence?? If that is true, I can understand how he was scared that this was a home invasion and he was defending himself. However, the police once they were fired upon and one officer was even hit, had absolutely every right to defend themselves. Breonna Taylor was an unarmed innocent bystander, but her killing in my view was due to her boyfriend shooting at the cops whether that was due to mistaken identity on his part or not. It is tragic, but in no way should this be labeled as a racially motivated shooting by the police. One can perhaps question the intelligence that led to the raid as apparently, the ex-boyfriend was the target of the police and was no longer staying with Taylor. It is not Taylor's fault that she was killed, but it would appear true that her choice of her ex boyfriend was a very poor one as he was under surveillance for apparently dealing crack. The former head of the NAACP in Louisville, who is a longtime criminal defense attorney and self described "yellow dog democrat," stated he also agreed with the decision. Breonna Taylor's death while tragic is being used to sew further division which is unfortunate.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cops show up to serve search warrent

Sep 23, 2020, 7:14 PM

her coke dealer boyfriend thought it was her other coke dealing ex boyfriends..opens fire on the cops..they return fire rightfully so..people riot because they arent hung on the spot..vintage biden supporters

I clicked the link you provided and gave ESPN more traffic

Sep 23, 2020, 7:46 PM

They thank you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic