Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brent Venables supposedly spoke with Auburn today about their head coaching position.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Brent Venables supposedly spoke with Auburn today about their head coaching position.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:09 PM

According to this article:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/12/the-latest-on-auburn-coaching-search.html

If he wants to be a head coach, it would certainly seem to be the kind of job he’s been holding out for. I don’t think he takes it though. I’m not even sure he truly wants to be a head coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This trash has to be tiring for Coach V

Dec 21, 2020, 8:12 PM

I know it is for me. I take the man for his word when he says he’s not interested in being a head coach or leaving Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This trash has to be tiring for Coach V

Dec 21, 2020, 8:17 PM

Maybe his agent is pushing him in order to get a bigger cut for himself?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 21, 2020, 8:52 PM

BV isn't that kind of person, and how many times have we heard him say that he was being paid plenty at Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: This trash has to be tiring for Coach V ]

Maybe his agent is pushing him in order to get a bigger cut for himself?

If that's the case.. Then CBV should fire him.. And represent himself..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Auburn program and its subsequent coaching search

Dec 21, 2020, 8:13 PM

is turning into a dumpster fire. I certainly believe that Brent Venables is smart enough to ultimately stay away from that program right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brent says he feels valued at Clemson.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:19 PM

I interpret that to mean that a lot of coaches are not valued and he is not talking about money. He is loved and accepted at Clemson. He is part of a family. He’s seen a lot of guys take jobs, lose a few games and not be valued as a person by their employers or their fans. Sure he can make more money as a head coach somewhere but is it really worth the stress for him and his family? I think Brent’s answer is a solid no especially when it comes to the coaching carousel of the SEC. Conducting an interview is wise even if you have no intention of taking the job. You always have to prepared. If he talked with Auburn or flies down there to interview I doubt it will be anything more than that. Just my humble opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brent has to do interviews just to "keep his hand in"

Dec 21, 2020, 8:19 PM

when it comes to head coaching jobs. If he just constantly says, No, don't ask me, then pretty soon, people WILL stop asking him.

I believe that Coach V, like Dabo, is a Spiritually Guided Person. That being said, I cannot conceive that Auburn, out of all the jobs, would be the one he would leave for. It would pay well, but the history of shadyness is Monster Oak sized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brent has to do interviews just to "keep his hand in"

Dec 21, 2020, 8:58 PM

BV will retire at Clemson, and I do believe that as long as he's treated like family at Clemson, he will never risk that for something he really don't want!!!

Re: Brent Venables supposedly spoke with Auburn today about their head coaching position.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:24 PM

I do not see him leaving anytime soon. He has 2 sons playing for him here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Dec 21, 2020, 9:55 PM

It also helps our defense in 2021 and 2022 might our best two ever.

Re: Brent Venables supposedly spoke with Auburn today about their head coaching position.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:24 PM

Given all the rejections today it would appear to the outsider that there’s something toxic going on down there.....or they’ve had someone else in mind all along. Really thought Sark was their guy. Would be shocked to see BV take that job.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice rebound post.***

Dec 21, 2020, 8:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's a big opportunity. He should interview.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:32 PM

I hope BV stays at Clemson forever. As mentioned by everyone else already... he's got kids here. Clemson is home. He's well loved and well compensated for a Defensive Coordinator.

But, Auburn is a major program that values football above all else. You can't name a more passionate fan base (yeah, yeah, I know).

This is a serious opportunity for someone and it's big enough that if you get asked to interview, you do that interview. You may not take the job, but you take the interview.

And BV has leverage. He could get a fully guaranteed contract in the $50M range. And when you think about that kind of money... guaranteed... you definitely take the interview and give it serious consideration.

Only Venables can make this decision. And I'll be happy for him no matter what he decides to do. I won't respect him any more, but I'll be happy for him. (I kid!)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 8:50 PM

I like how they used BV"s kids as a reason for him telling them that he is staying with Clemson. That's BS IMO BC, if anything, I believe that Brent Venables is a man of trust without the BS. He says what's own his mind, and BV is the type of person that doesn't know how to do it any other way than being honest and truthful. They probably called him, he probably told them that he was content where he was, and that both his boys played on the team, and even if he was looking, but he's not, this job would be bad timing bc he wouldn't leave his kids!!! I maybe as far off as mars is from earth, but that kinda how I believe it went down with BV/Albarn job interview!!!!

Dec 21, 2020, 8:55 PM

Well, I'm really surprised that judge Keller or anyone would even post this on here. I would expect auburn or sec trolls to post it but whatever.

I had posted last week that Clemson should honor CDS and CBV with lifetime contracts. It would be nice to honor him some sort of way. Other than just monetary.

I also would like for posters to refrain from using or calling out players by name and feel like tnet mods should delete said posts. I've visited other college boards where that is not tolerated at all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a problem with someone posting a link to an article stating that one of our

Dec 21, 2020, 9:12 PM

assistant coaches spoke with another school about their head coaching position?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You have a problem with someone posting a link to an article stating that one of our

Dec 21, 2020, 9:59 PM

I don’t have a problem with it. Free speech may have become intolerable and “offend” people but it’s still a right. Post articles if you wish.

Re: You have a problem with someone posting a link to an article stating that one of our

Dec 21, 2020, 11:45 PM [ in reply to You have a problem with someone posting a link to an article stating that one of our ]

The way I read the article was that they called and he said no. So, yeah, I have a problem with your title and the way the article was posted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 4:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Brent Venables supposedly spoke with Auburn today about their head coaching position. ]

Any other suggestions for us, from someone who has been with us since Nov?

Dec 21, 2020, 9:04 PM

Just about all coaches say some version of what Venables has said but they usually end up leaving at some point and I bet he will too. The folks who think we will see old Dabo and old Brent hobbling around on the sideline twenty, or even ten, years from now are setting themselves up for disappointment. Having said that, I can't imagine he would leave when his kids are here and he's in a great situation. Once they are gone, however, all bets are off.

Dec 22, 2020, 3:45 AM

I remember BV at the White House when Trump asked him to come up on the stage with Dabo. BV replied, "I'm good here," from the back of the room.

Dec 22, 2020, 5:59 AM

So if BV goes to Auburn can't imagine DS would go to Bama. That would be a crazy iron bowl. ??

Dec 22, 2020, 7:31 AM

I think this is rubbish, to be the head coach, i see you needing knowledge of both offens and defense. We all know and the college world knows that BV knows defense! I have never heard of him calling any offense during a game? Correct me if i am wrong. Now Jimmie GreenBean, maybe another story.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic