Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breaking News : Desmond Howard out at CGD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Breaking News : Desmond Howard out at CGD

Aug 24, 2019, 2:43 PM

Choke a *^%#+ our ??? Really Desmond!!

What a basket case with minimal knowledge of the actual college football landscape. They load his lips yet he goes off ###### with his beloved(yet terrible) Michagin Wolverines. If they lose to OSU, which they very well could) he will have to “choke a *^%#+ out”.
Wow, simply wow.

Actually might be nice to have some actual insight from a much better analyst who knows football in 2019. The mid to late 90’s are gone Desmond, catch up with everyone else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was stupid,

Aug 24, 2019, 2:46 PM

But its a fairly common (and in context ironic) quote from the Chapelle show. He made a mistake in using it, but in context it certainly feels like a simple mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was stupid

Aug 24, 2019, 2:58 PM

Truth. I’m not offended in any way, actually love the Wayne Brady Chapelle Show skit. His usage and general lack of useful, informed knowledge is why he should be replaced. If he keeps up this rhetoric he will be gone.... we can all hope he does lol

Re: It was stupid

Aug 24, 2019, 3:41 PM

Trivia:

Dave Chappelle turned down the role of Forrest Gump’s sidekick Bubba for the movie "Forrest Gump."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So did ice cube.

Aug 24, 2019, 11:26 PM

How many folks did they offer that part to? lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breaking News : Desmond Howard out at CGD

Aug 24, 2019, 2:53 PM

“Git a rope!”......lol

Let’s not overplay a rather unfortunate momentary lapse of reason.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 3:00 PM

and did you catch when they were talking about transfer quarterbacks that he said how much he was looking forward to DK playing..the only QB he mentioned.

who is DK?***

Aug 24, 2019, 4:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Breaking News : Desmond Howard out at CGD ]

Lol. I’m not so sure it’s momentary. Actually he has always had uninformed hot takes and just banters on and on about nothing. He piggy backs Kirk and David, adding useless info and no additional knowledge. Corso brings more to the table at this point and deserves his spot no matter what but Desmond.... his time is up, next up can do much better.

Aug 24, 2019, 3:00 PM

Link?

I can't find anything online about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 3:06 PM

I’m not computer savvy my friend, sorry.

His words “ if Michigan loses to OSU this year he might have to choke a *^%#+ out. A female dog for reference if it’s needed. While it’s not a bother to me, it’s just not very smart thing to say in this current media frenzy of jumping on every syllable.

Not sure st all about his job security and I do not dislike Desmond, but feel he has no place of CGD as his skills on set are lacking anything tangible.

I really don't care for him whatsoever

Aug 24, 2019, 3:22 PM

But, 'colorful' language and double entendres, etc, etc, etc, are so entrenched in our speech these days, a slip-up is going to happen...to virtually anyone. It happens...and while I'm all for a change, this shouldn't be the reason for his call to the gallows. Heck, his performance to date, especially compared to his peers, should be plenty sufficient.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really don't care for him whatsoever

Aug 24, 2019, 3:25 PM

https://twitter.com/ace_1985/status/1165336254604546048

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really don't care for him whatsoever

Aug 24, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to I really don't care for him whatsoever ]

Slip ups happen indeed. A forced apology is just that, forced. Networks do not like having to do this. What insight does he add that 100 others could not provide ? Great receiver, kick returner, and Michigan man as he is not obviously afraid to remind everyone.... but adding any worthwhile context to a segment, not so much. His off ###### speech is cringeworthy and kept to minimal by the same people who forced the apology.

Keep him on board, he’s been there for years now. I just don’t see Desmond doing anything other than killing the flow of the show.

CGD needs new exciting people to pump everyone up for gameday. Not that it’s needed 5 years ago it was must see TV, now it’s a 3 hour long show drawn out by 4 people talking over each other.

Aug 24, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Breaking News : Desmond Howard out at CGD ]

So you don’t actually know if he is fired. You start a thread with the title “Breaking news: Desmond Howard our at CGD” but you don’t actually know jacks.h.i..t. You should be permabanned for that. I hate posters who do that. Don’t report as fact what is merely your opinion.

Aug 24, 2019, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Breaking News : Desmond Howard out at CGD ]

i know what he said...

You're subject title said he was out at CGD (ie. he was fired).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Aug 24, 2019, 3:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His forced apology was almost as awkward...

Aug 24, 2019, 3:21 PM

as the original gaffe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: His forced apology was almost as awkward...

Aug 24, 2019, 3:23 PM

He gone ????????

Re: His forced apology was almost as awkward...

Aug 24, 2019, 3:27 PM

He gone ????????

He gone ????????

Says who?

Aug 24, 2019, 3:23 PM

What are you mad about exactly? That he said the word ##### or he doesn't know football?

I've always thought Desmond was very knowledgeable and unbiased. It's a pretty safe bet that he's forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know.

Who’s upset other than you ?

Aug 24, 2019, 3:40 PM

It’s a post, nothing more. Might wanna chill a bit, message boards provide a platform. Desmond with hot mic and I went with it. Choking a ##### out of TV is pretty much an open book and I’m not a fan of stupid comments made by athletes.

howard low key admiting hes the one

Aug 24, 2019, 3:24 PM

who killed epstein ..i knew he was cia all along

Re: howard low key admiting hes the one

Aug 24, 2019, 3:41 PM

Think say the segment where Bill/Hillary ashes Desmond.... Who are you working for ?? ????

Aug 24, 2019, 4:20 PM

Howard was probably just finessing everyone with that comment. His finesse is skrong.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic