Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Braves fans: Should Snitker stay or go?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Braves fans: Should Snitker stay or go?

Oct 10, 2019, 2:54 PM

I'm leaning on go.

He's a class act and I appreciate his lifelong commitment to the Braves.

But other than the double switch in game 3, and the Duvall pinch hit in game 2, his big in game decisions all back fired.

Too much managing by the book, none by the gut.

Plus, after the less talented Cards basically stole the Braves manhood, I think it's time for a culture change.

Time to purge the last vestiges of the Bobby Cox era. Snitker is of the Bobby Cox tree and the Braves need a new mindset.

So I think its time to move on from Snitker. It won't be popular with the players, but it is time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Braves fans: Should Snitker stay or go?

Oct 10, 2019, 2:56 PM

always the coaches fault. no matter that they got squat from the middle of the lineup. blame the coach.

Oct 10, 2019, 2:59 PM

Snit wasn't the problem. The way the middle of the order (3-5) failed to produce at all was the difference. He had them in position to win it in four games if guys like Freeman could have hit sac flies. Hate to say it, but Freddie was the goat of this series, and he's essentially said as much himself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was 2 for 16 at the plate (.125)...

Oct 10, 2019, 3:05 PM

and the two hits he did get were meaningless in a blow-out loss yesterday.

Then he had the error yesterday that, if fielded cleanly, likely gets the Braves out of the first inning only down one run.

Not sure it would have mattered though. Foltynewicz and Fried were both terrible yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Snit definitely got out-managed v St. Louis...

Oct 10, 2019, 3:00 PM

The Braves had ample opportunities to win and the series should have never gotten to the fifth game.

That said, he did a pretty good job of trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken **** that was the Braves bullpen this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Snit definitely got out-managed v St. Louis...

Oct 10, 2019, 3:02 PM

Wonder why he waited until the Cards got 7 runs before he pulled the pitcher ? Can't figure that one out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure it would have mattered...

Oct 10, 2019, 3:09 PM

Fried and Jackson weren't any better.

I'm not sure why Jackson is still on the roster.

Re: Snit definitely got out-managed v St. Louis...

Oct 10, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Snit definitely got out-managed v St. Louis... ]

so that st louis manager caused the middle of the braves lineup to not show up. what a great manager he is.

Not bunting...

Oct 10, 2019, 3:14 PM

with Acuna on second and no outs was a colossal mistake IMO and he made the same ill-advised decision twice in the series both of which ended-up being Braves losses.

You certainly can't blame Snit for Freeman's God-awful 2 - 16 (.125) performance at the plate.

Oct 10, 2019, 3:09 PM

I totally agree, he needs to go. They also need to let Rick Kranitz (pitching coach) go. How can Greene, Martin and Melancon, do well with the teams before they signed with the Braves and when they get to Atlanta they become the worst pitchers. In the last three years, Atlanta has signed or traded for over 200 pitchers and they can’t develop a couple of them (except for Soroka and Fried).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Oct 10, 2019, 4:43 PM

A pitching coach won't make a great pitcher bad in 2 months, or a bad pitcher good for that matter. Those 3 guys you mentioned were very good on **** poor teams. Pitching in Atlanta led to more pressure, and on occasion those guys wilted under the pressure. That said, I am not a huge fan of Kranitz. A telling sign, to me any way, is that I seldom saw a pitcher talking to him in the dugout. Only time I saw him conversing with the pitchers was on the mound. Saw Keuchal spending more time with the young guys between innings than I saw Kranitz.

Oct 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

Using that philosophy based on what happened in game 4 with bases loaded twice with 1 out and the Braves didn't score.
Then considering the way the middle of the batting order didn't produce, if Snitker should go, then batters 3 through 7 should go too.

What happened to the Braves (and Dodgers) is just baseball. One pitch or one swing just 1/2 inch off is the difference between a ground out, pop up, base hit or home run.

Snitker makes decisions and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. In this series, the players didn't produce in crunch time.

I vote no. Keep Snitker and get the team some dang pitching help for those days when the hitting is off.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stay

Oct 10, 2019, 3:40 PM

but fix that bullpen.

I realize the bullpen didn't lose it yesterday, but they did lose it in game one which would have meant we wouldn't have had a game 5.

The Braves pi$$ed-away game 1 and game 4. ***

Oct 10, 2019, 4:14 PM

Oct 10, 2019, 4:15 PM

Stay...

Next Question...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Snitker is one of the best managers in baseball.

Oct 10, 2019, 4:30 PM

He coaches circles around any manager the Braves have had in the last 50 years, except for Joe Torre and Bobby Cox. The Braves stopped hitting for whatever reason against St Louis. They had bases loaded multiple times and got virtually nothing. They had their chances and just couldn't put the Cards away in game 4. Snitker isn't going anywhere, unless it's by his own choice, and rightfully so.

Oct 10, 2019, 4:33 PM

Knee jerk reaction don’t ya think?!

Stay***

Oct 10, 2019, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2019, 5:01 PM

Can he punt?

Oct 10, 2019, 5:23 PM

I know Snitker would never say it, but I wonder if not bunting with Albies had to do with Freeman's utter unreliability. Braves would have been no worse off batting the pitcher 3rd - at least some of them could put down a bunt.

Also, if you look back, McCann dropped a two-strike foul tip on Fowler leading off the game. Couple that with Freeman's error and the Cardinals got 5 outs when they should not have scored at all. Of course, who knows - they might have scored 10 in the 2nd inning.

Oct 10, 2019, 5:21 PM

Dave Roberts might be available
after His game last night ! The Dodgers won 106 games!

Oct 10, 2019, 5:37 PM

Guess you don’t remember what a crap show the team was under Freddie Gonzalez just a few years ago. Only thing I hold against Snit is he kept putting AJ Minter in and costing games the first half of the season. Even brought him back in August for a few appearances. Otherwise this team is building for a good run under a steady hand.

Oct 10, 2019, 8:12 PM

Stay but not bunting and pitching jackson in any playoff game made me wonder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2019, 8:01 PM

STAY

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic