Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad's offensive approach is sickening to watch.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Brad's offensive approach is sickening to watch.

Feb 1, 2020, 8:53 PM

Nobody is flashing inside the zone. Mack has taken 7 3s and missed everyone. He thinks he's JJ Reddick out there but is far from it. That's coaching. Brad needs to sit his butt down and say no more 3s. It's obvious macks game is inside. I've said it all year. Nobody can match his physicality inside yet we arnt even using him inside. I'd say after 20 first half points the game plan should be thrown in the trash. Time to attack the zone and attack the basket. Draw foul shots. Get points anyway instead of launching hopeless 3s every trip down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad's offensive approach is sickening to watch.

Feb 1, 2020, 8:54 PM

We fed him high post against Cuse idk why we haven't tonight.

Feb 1, 2020, 8:57 PM

Different zone. Different approach. The high post has not been open against Wake's matchup zone.

Feb 1, 2020, 9:01 PM

I disagree. It's hard to get it in there but it is open. It was hard to get it in against Cuse as well. We need to pass it quicker and pull the trigger on the corner 3s and make some to open the middle up some more tho no doubt. It is a slightly different zone but we have to get it in the middle. That is the case against any zone. If you cannot find a way this is what happens.

I wish we had 20 points at half.

Feb 1, 2020, 8:55 PM

Sigh.

~JKB

Re: I wish we had 20 points at half.

Feb 1, 2020, 8:57 PM

Gave us too much credit there lmao. It's just frustrating bc we arnt attacking the basket. Everyone is standing and passing it around the arc. Defense isn't even having to move.

Feb 1, 2020, 8:56 PM

Don’t you listen to Walt. It’s not Brad his players love him. I mean 19 points in a half is getting it done. Especially the good coaching having Mack jack 3s vs catching and shooting at free throw against the soft zone. That definitely doesn’t work a la Syracuse

Feb 1, 2020, 8:59 PM

It’s crazy it’s like a different zone defense with different opponents and stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2020, 8:58 PM

for the life of me i can not figure out how some of you goobers are not power 5 future hall of fame coaches

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2020, 9:01 PM

You don’t have to be a P5 coach to understand simple s h I t. Did you play basketball at the hs level? I did and watching this is not rocket science to figure out. We had a great game plan for Syracuse and then this. Attack the zone even if their bigs slide. Give the middle and attack from there. You don’t need to be coach k to understand that.

Feb 1, 2020, 9:08 PM

Ofcourse it is easier said then done. They are keeping the middle tight and closing out to the corner fast. Tyson has played like crap and nobody can hit a 3. We need to be making the extra pass because we have had guys open just are not getting it to them. We have had success driving the middle and opening everything up tho we just are not doing it enough. Gotta get in the paint if we want to win.

Feb 1, 2020, 9:14 PM

So flash to the middle and work from there? Solution to any zone defense. Here’s reality is this team sucks. Maybe next year lol

There's not very many things you can figure out

Feb 1, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad's offensive approach is sickening to watch. ]

What's the big surprise there?

Good Analysis coach!!!***

Feb 1, 2020, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Analysis coach!!!***

Feb 1, 2020, 9:18 PM

Guess we should defer to brads expert adjustments. We are killing it in the second half.

Feb 1, 2020, 9:21 PM

Wake is 2-8 in ACC. No decent coach would be allowing his team to get manhandled by a team like this. I’ve supported Brad non stop. This is inexcusable

Feb 1, 2020, 9:25 PM

You must be a copy troll calling out this basketball team. I mean making no adjustments in coaching is our thing. Hopefully we come back to beat the doormats of the ACC so we feel better about ourselves lol

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic