Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Braden Galloway Back!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Braden Galloway Back!!

Dec 8, 2019, 2:59 PM

Could be a nice addition to the offense just in time for the playoff. Finally having a receiving TE in the lineup could be the X factor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally don't think he'll play much, but I do think

Dec 8, 2019, 3:02 PM

Davis Allen is currently our best TE. He catches well and runs with power after the catch. Chalk is a good blocker but limited in route running. Price has a high motor but not really a receiving threat. Lay I think is being redshirted, so not sure about him. Braden may get 5 or 10 plays.

I personally don't think he'll play much, but I do think

Dec 8, 2019, 3:03 PM

Davis Allen is currently our best TE. He catches well and runs with power after the catch. Chalk is a good blocker but limited in route running. Price has a high motor but not really a receiving threat. Lay I think is being redshirted, so not sure about him. Braden may get 5 or 10 plays.

Re: I personally don't think he'll play much, but I do think

Dec 8, 2019, 3:12 PM

Will we ever have another just like or better than Jordan Leggett TE???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Braden Galloway Back!!

Dec 8, 2019, 3:39 PM

Galloway was pretty underwhelming last year and dropped a lot of balls. Davis Allen is better and should play more

Dec 8, 2019, 3:56 PM

Wasnt he kind of new to football though? He seems like he may have tons of upside.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:53 PM

Could be a nice addition to the offense just in time for the playoff. Finally having a receiving TE in the lineup could be the X factor.

We so desperately need a Leggett or Ford type tight end in this playoff. In my opinion OSU is most vulnerable with linebackers in coverage. We could’ve really exploited that in past years with our man-beater tight ends. I think Galloway has the physical tools to be that TE, but he hasn’t performed consistently enough to my liking. I hope he can return and make that contribution but not so sure he can with such an extended layoff.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:56 PM

One difficult aspect regarding Galloway, is not having a gauge on his growth. If he has put in the work, it could be a real benefit. He looked good in the spring game.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Braden Galloway Back!! ]

One difficult aspect regarding Galloway, is not having a gauge on his growth. If he has put in the work, it could be a real benefit. He looked good in the spring game.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:12 PM

Yeah Doc. I don’t think we’ll know til game time. I’m sure our coaches would hold something like that close. If Galloway is ready, featuring him in the passing game could really throw a curve ball at OSU.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:27 PM

It would be amazing, if so. I’m just remembering how much of a factor a receiving TE can be in this system. Leggett having a field day against FSU comes to mind. Just really stresses the defense. Generates a lot of conflict. Would absolutely love it. But I am a dreamer haha

Great Point! Galloway back will help.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:53 PM

I believe in season Dabo said he was working out great, he was hot in the spring game so I do believe this will be a wrinkle no team has seen from us this year!

Re: Great Point! Galloway back will help.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:56 PM

And they're not even thinking about us having a TE threat since we haven't had one all season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhhhhh.....

Dec 8, 2019, 7:54 PM

Don't let the secret out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 6:40 AM

Galloway has been on the Scout team going against one of the best defenses in the country everyday at practice. He's been lifting and working hard.

Don't forget what you saw of him last year was a freshman coming off foot surgery that missed almost all his entire Senior year of high school football. He had some shining moments and some not so .........

If he's not ready now, he may not be. He has time to get acclimated and timing set with the #1s. Although, I'm sure he's probably had some of that during practice already. I for one think he will be ready and can make a difference.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic