Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowman Transfer Disappointment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,199

Bowman Transfer Disappointment

Oct 1, 2020, 4:53 PM

Hate that he is leaving. I hope he ends up somewhere where he can show his talents. Feels a little like Mike Bellamy. Kid had talent but it takes more than talent. Who is the next Travis? Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowman Transfer Disappointment

Oct 1, 2020, 4:55 PM

We seem to be 0 and forever on 5 star backs panning out since Spiller. Spiller has been the only 5 star that actually worked out. I don't get it either.

I'm gonna say it and I am sure others will kill me for it. Buy maybe Dabo could have played Darien Rencher a little less and put freakin Bowman in... And Lyn J who is also better than Rencher. I swear that kid gets more carries than he deserves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 5:07 PM

Agree. I don't get the Rencher carries so early in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 5:10 PM

He’s earned it, that’s why. He has played well.

When? When exactly has he played well enough to earn

Oct 1, 2020, 5:47 PM

anything during an actual game? Specifically?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman Transfer Disappointment ]

I suspect the Rencher carries are for reasons other than football. Dabo has alot to manage and take into consideration these days.

In the end, Dabo usually gets it right.

Oct 1, 2020, 5:00 PM

Was looking so forward to seeing him play....Two plays later he's gone.

Oct 1, 2020, 5:19 PM

Have to think about the FUTURE. Dixon is the future right now with or without Travis. I agree that Rencher is over used and not nearly as good as Dixon. I sure hope Lynn J doesn't change his mind due to Rencher getting more and sooner reps. What would Dixon's numbers be with comparable carries ??

Considerably higher...I can guarantee that...They'd be

Oct 1, 2020, 5:48 PM

higher

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 5:42 PM

I suspect U of Fla is tampering with a homesick freshman like they did with Spiller. Urb left but the playbook remains the same

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 6:10 PM

74TIGER said:

I suspect U of Fla is tampering with a homesick freshman like they did with Spiller. Urb left but the playbook remains the same

I think you are right. The fact the NCAA is giving this year back tells all in my opinion. If he loves Clemson, I think he does genuinely love Clemson. But, is worried about playing time, no worries in this unprecedented year right! Travis will be gone. You can get the playbook down and not lose a thing, right?

Unless you have someone in your ear "tampering" playing on "fear" and "uncertainty"! You have to wait your turn at Clemson now a days! If someone else is promising instant playing time who is just as talented roster wise - and so yes - is closer to home then you look to the homesick freshman. Make him promises. Promises they won't keep - I can all but guarantee it. There will be a new D. Bowman next year and the year after that! Maybe some on the roster now waiting!

I can picture people reading all that going - dummy his grandfather died. Or something like that. I get it; and on the surface it seems like a legit argument. But, no.
Hard to buy it; whatever the reason. I truly wish him well though. I will keep tabs on his development like some of the other Clemson players who have transferred out.
They always go: "the Clemson transfer"! Which they always have a: "so you know he must be good tone" when they say it voice.
All Good! Next man up!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 5:55 PM

Where's Jeff Scott when you need him??!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic