Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 99
| visibility 51

TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs

Jun 23, 2020, 4:43 PM

FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs

Fox Sports radio host Colin Cowherd says Clemson isn't in the class of Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Southern Cal as a top college football program. "There Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His ratings must be down***

Jun 23, 2020, 4:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I am loving that Cowherd and Finebaum are taking shots at us

Jun 24, 2020, 10:47 AM

In the 90' and 00's no one talked about clemson.
Now that we are the leaders we are the bulls eye in every show. I am lovin it.

Tells you how far we have come. Bring on the criticism. It seems to spur Clemson more than the compliments :)

Bless his heart.

Jun 23, 2020, 4:51 PM

Amirite?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bless his heart.

Jun 23, 2020, 5:24 PM

Bless his little heart !

Re: Bless his heart.

Jun 24, 2020, 1:23 AM

Bless his sweet little heart!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we have to beat Southern Cal, too*

Jun 23, 2020, 4:53 PM

Re: I guess we have to beat Southern Cal, too*

Jun 23, 2020, 9:31 PM

Haha! Right!!! We’d have a harder time with Wake.

And I rate Colin right there with

Jun 23, 2020, 4:54 PM

his namesake- the colonoscopy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Second tier programs do not win 2 of the last 4 NC’s

Jun 23, 2020, 4:54 PM

or play in 4 out of the last 5 NCGs. Cowherd has to be desperate for ratings and I refuse to click or listen to give him the satisfaction.

Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs

Jun 23, 2020, 4:55 PM

If no one listened it would be ignored as it should be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If a bullfrog had wings

Jun 23, 2020, 4:58 PM

He wouldn't bumphisass when he jumps...IF can take you anywhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 4:59 PM

This is pure BS to stir up the Clemson fans and produce needed PR for Cowherd.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 23, 2020, 8:03 PM

I doubt it's working with Clemson fans. I imagine he's getting a lot of likes from usuc and from ugay fans who are so desperate to achieve some semblance of success, even if they have to claim the success of other conference members as their success by association. Pretty sad, really, and they don't even have the excuse of tough academic standards for athletes to blame it on. (Granted, ugay has benefited academically from the "HOPE Scholarship" where HS kids get better grades in an attempt to insure free college, but their athletes are not sharp knives in the drawer). As Vince Dooley once said of their academic cheating, "well, at least they could get jobs at the Post Office".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 5:00 PM

Oklahoma and Southern Cal ROTFL. Doesn't Oklahoma get whipped every playoff they make?

But they won all those championships in the 70s

Jun 23, 2020, 5:26 PM

Apparently that's important

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 5:03 PM

If stupidity rewards Cowherd with a lucrative contract, why hasn't stupidity led me to being offered a similar deal?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 7:02 PM

Sorry Joe21, but you think before speaking! If Colin could a "had did it" he wouldn't have job without getting his "clicks".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 5:04 PM

He isn't really talking about the "program" but the history of the school or "blueblood" status. A program is very much relevant in the time they are participating in. Alabama didn't have a very good program before Saban arrived. Clemson has one of the top 2 programs in the nation right now.

Historical status can be argued until your blue in the face, but he is selling Dabo short with 5 years. He has had a decade run and Clemson is already historically relevant to anyone under the age of 30. At what point does that opinion just become a nostalgic look at the past 50-60-70? Ask Nebraska how history is treating them?

null

Jun 23, 2020, 5:22 PM

Agreed. Nebraska would have probably been in his top tier in 1995, but they have not been relevant in 20 years. His 2nd tier though is a great group to be associated with and I can't argue with him from a historical standpoint except I would not include Oregon.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs ]

Dabo led Clemson to the first 15-0 NC season, and those teams and coached he talks about couldn't, and they had the same chance as Dabo and Clemson had to be the first in the college FB playoff era. If someone was to tell Cowherd that he could trip over his own shadow, he would be stupid enough to try it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs ]

He's actually flat out wrong. His words were
"If Florida State had Bobby Bowden in his prime RIGHT NOW and Miami had Jimmy Johnson in his prime against Dabo Swinney -- Clemson's not making the Playoff"

Those guys had there best teams when they were cheating. They wouldn't even be allowed to have a post season in today's NCAA. Prime or not. (unless they got bought off like UNC basketball).

PLUS, those guys coached smash mouth football. And that aint allowed anymore. If were talking about past coaches in todays league, Dabo and Venables are who I'm putting my money on. Same goes for Bear bryant, Pete carrol, so on and so forth. Again this is if we're talking todays game. The rules have changed. The schemes have changed. The coverage has changed. And clemson knows exactly what they're doing in todays game.

Well look who is trying to audition for Finebaum's spot

Jun 23, 2020, 5:06 PM

at SEC Nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 5:25 PM

Since USC has not made the CFP in it's current format how long you going keep propping up the Trojans Colin?

Good news the "other" USC has no Tier ranking as they've never even played in a major bowl yet after 125 years of failure.

Jun 23, 2020, 5:26 PM

I can't believe that Cowherd proved how ignorant he was to make his point with all those IF'S. I told him that if Japan wouldn't have attacked Pearl Harbor, they wouldn't have had an atomic bomb dropped on them. And "IF" a Bullfrog had wings, he wouldn't land so hard on his ASSS every time he hopped!!!

Jun 23, 2020, 5:29 PM

This I can accept...before the recent 5 year run we would not have even been tier 2...

Jun 23, 2020, 5:58 PM

Exactly. I don’t think anyone actually listened to the whole segment and all of what he said. He was actually right on the mark.

You've got to be in your late 30's or older to consider

Jun 23, 2020, 6:05 PM

USC a power. They have stunk it up since around 2005.

Oklahoma? Colin is showing his age. The last time Oklahoma was tier one was in the 1980's when they still had Switzer and still running the wishbone. They did lose to Clemson in 1988. The most current run by Oklahoma ends with a semi final playoff loss every year.

Jun 25, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs ]

If he’s talking “historically”, then I don’t have a real problem with what he’s saying, except:
1/Us in our prime with Dabo playing those great Miami and FSU teams would definitely be challenging, BUT we’d win just as many against those cats as they’d against us. And I’d put my money on us to win more than lose against them based on “intangibles”.
2/I’d actually put ND and Michigan in that top tier based on their history and number of NC’s

I've never seen a pulse as low as yours. How did you

Jun 23, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs ]

do that?

I stand correct, it looked as though your pulse was zero.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:06 PM

I apologize!

Jun 23, 2020, 5:32 PM

Coward is full of crap. USC and Oklahoma? Are you kidding me?

Jun 23, 2020, 5:34 PM

Yes...and I didn't misspell his last name. He is a coward!

Jun 23, 2020, 5:40 PM

If anyone thinks these are his actual thoughts I feel bad for them. He is told to push these ridiculous takes to get social media interactions and views. He is not this dumb please quit feeding him

HTH

Jun 23, 2020, 5:46 PM

But just for fun

Clemson was beating down a weak acc and that’s why we are where we are? Uhhhhh.... isn’t that what FSU did in their run?

And do you want to talk about Miami in the BIG EAST?!

That’s something I never understood. FSU, Miami, USC never got the backlash of a “weak” schedule because they dominated the postseason. We don’t get the same respect. Interesting

OU has two National Championships in the last 35 years...

Jun 23, 2020, 5:47 PM

1985 and 2000. The last one was 20 years ago.

Ohio State has two in the last eighteen years (2002 and 2014). The last one was six years ago.

Southern Cal (LOL), claims two National Championships in the last 18 years (2002 and 2004). Of course,
they were forced to vacate the 2004 championship because of NCAA rules violations related to Reggie Bush.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Colon Tail has a point, going back to earlier power house teams & coaching days BUT..

Jun 23, 2020, 5:53 PM

what’s the point since those days mean nothing today or even 10 years ago.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In defense of Cowherd, he was talking about all time programs and popularity.

Jun 23, 2020, 5:52 PM

Let’s be honest, all time, we are definitely in the top 15 but not top 4. His point was that when those top 4 programs are at their best, college football is at their best. I don’t really disagree with him there.

His list by no means was a representation of current things. He said that a few times. I listened live when he talked about it.

Sometimes I think our fan base is a little too sensitive to things and we hear what we want to hear. Probably the case for all fan bases though.

Re: In defense of Cowherd, he was talking about all time programs and popularity.

Jun 23, 2020, 7:24 PM

But that argument completely contradicts itself with some of the teams he puts in tier 2 “historically” like Oregon

Jun 23, 2020, 5:52 PM

He's being a history buff for the ratings . Last time USC was relevant on a national level was nearing 2 decades ago .
I'll grant him Bama and Ohio State , they've proven staying power and are currently putting their best foot forwar .
Oklahoma , is second tier . I would replace them with LSU , because LSU has 2 national championships in the last 2 decades .
Clemson has to be named top tier , not because I love the Clemson Tigers but bygawd because we beat up on teams like Auburn , FSU , Miami . If you want to go historical with your list making Cowherd fine , but state that it's being made out of ethereal air .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 23, 2020, 6:04 PM

Like Dabo says....don't worry about the opinion of someone you would not take advice from.

Take off our Clemson rings and Orange colored glasses for

Jun 23, 2020, 6:05 PM

just a minute. The programs he is talking about had DECADES of excellence in the near modern era. As far as that kind of sustained history, we are indeed still the new kid on the block. I don't necessarily like his take on things in this instance, but I can't summarily dismiss it like some of his other stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 6:08 PM

Since it’s coming from a 3rd tier sports reporter.. no Clemson fan cares ??

Relax. He said “all-time programs.” Not what the headline

Jun 23, 2020, 6:15 PM

sez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Relax. He said “all-time programs.” Not what the headline

Jun 23, 2020, 6:22 PM

Cowherd indicates these are his top programs as he sees them now.

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/1275528934306635776

Jun 23, 2020, 6:20 PM

I have no problems with what Cattlethrong is saying if he's talking all-time programs. But in the last few years Alabama and Clemson have been dominating the sport.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:20 PM

This is why when you check out the herd you watch where you step.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 6:21 PM

@ColinCowherd is blocked

He must really like Jethro Tull..."Living in the Past." :-)***

Jun 23, 2020, 6:34 PM

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:35 PM

He has nothing better to talk about other than hypotheticals?
Ridiculous and boring...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering all the comments I've read...

Jun 23, 2020, 6:44 PM

I will have to take everyone's word for the truth. Guess I need to broaden my tv viewing habits because I've never even heard of Mr. Cowturd before today...this very minute, in fact!

Jun 23, 2020, 6:52 PM

If it's on Fox it must be true. They never lie.

So now Cowherd is an A-hole again? Good!

Jun 23, 2020, 6:53 PM

Clemson does better when the these guys don’t like us.

Here is the real truth

Jun 23, 2020, 7:12 PM

There are no elite programs anymore, only elite coaches. He pretty much admitted that as well. If “history” were so important, ND, Michigan, Nebraska, UT would all be better than us.

It doesn’t bother me he said this other than it is not relevant to today’s game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 7:13 PM

Everybody's got one...and i don't mean an opinion...

Aren’t we 6-0 against OU & OSU***

Jun 23, 2020, 7:13 PM

Re: Aren’t we 6-0 against OU & OSU***

Jun 23, 2020, 8:44 PM

missed one for osu.gator,orange,and 2 fiestas.not to mention ending the great woody hayes' career.his bowl record was 6-6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

And if your talk show is on FS1, it’s SECOND TIER (at best)***

Jun 23, 2020, 7:15 PM

If an sportscaster talks on TV and no one tunes in

Jun 23, 2020, 7:16 PM

to that channel... does anyone ever hear the stupid ideas come forth from their mouth?

Why do mods post anti Clemson articles on Tigernet?

Jun 23, 2020, 7:28 PM

I can go to Fgf and see those. I come here to read pro Clemson content.

"'We’re the rednecks who moved into the nice neighborhood,..

Jun 23, 2020, 7:50 PM

but we belong" Coach Swinney

He might be wrong for saying it, but he ain't wrong

Jun 23, 2020, 7:57 PM

It's been one hell of a decade for Clemson, but we got at least one more rung to climb to reach any sort of "all time" status. now this garbage about not being able to beat Bobby bowden's FSU, Jimmy Johnson's Miami, or Pete Carroll', et al, USC.... That's a bunch of junk! We beat the brakes off the world's-best-team-in-the-world, while they were being coached by the world's-best-coach-in-the-world. Square that circle, Cowturd....

Re: He might be wrong for saying it, but he ain't wrong

Jun 23, 2020, 11:11 PM

This. Bama is Top 4 with their best ever coach - Saban. Who has knocked out Saban in 2 out of 3 Nattys with Saban at the peak of his powers? Little Ole Clemson under Dabo. He defeated his own argument.

If he's using old coaches, what about Danny Ford & John Heisman***

Jun 23, 2020, 9:02 PM

There's really no reason to because the best coach in

Jun 24, 2020, 8:48 AM

Clemson history is currently coaching at Clemson.

If he's using old coaches, what about Danny Ford & John Heisman***

Jun 23, 2020, 9:02 PM

Who are you going to believe

Jun 23, 2020, 9:27 PM

Cowherd or every elite high school player, with a Clemson offer being THE offer they’ve hoped for? These kids don’t remember when Clemson wasn’t top drawer. My memory isn’t what it used to be, I guess since I have a hard time remembering it too.

Jun 23, 2020, 9:28 PM

Now I know which Fox commentator I will not be listening to anymore.

Jun 23, 2020, 9:32 PM

Historically, I have no problem with this unless you say Notre Dame deserves to be in instead of Oklahoma. What I can find says Ohio State has 8 National Championships and 40 Conference Championships. SC has 11 and 39. Alabama has 17 and 31. Notre Dame has 11 National Championships and certainly is hurt because of not being in a conference.

If you go on recent history, certainly our Tigers would be on everyone's Top 4 list.

Oklahoma isnt far off Notre Dame

Jun 24, 2020, 8:46 AM

They were probably the best program in the 50s and the 70s. They have 7 national titles and they've certainly been the better program over the last 20 years as well.

Jun 23, 2020, 9:34 PM

Why didn’t Coward include Notre Dame? Weren’t they good back in the early 1900’s. Who gives a #### what he thinks.

Jun 23, 2020, 9:40 PM

That's about the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where's that chip ... oh, there it is.

Jun 23, 2020, 9:54 PM

Put that right up on our shoulder ... there. Perfect fit.

Thanks, Colin. See you in January.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Clemson 4-0 versus Ohio

Jun 23, 2020, 10:00 PM

Going all the way back to their famous coach that got fired in a 1970s game. BOOM!

Interesting comments from a 3rd Tier Radio Host

Jun 23, 2020, 11:40 PM

4th tier if we are talking all time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cowterd said GT had a “really good program.”

Jun 23, 2020, 11:42 PM

That’s when I knew this hot take was gonna be a huge pile of bull poop.

~JKB

Jun 24, 2020, 12:10 AM

This is simple...if he is talking about the past 100 years and potential...then he is 100% correct...
If he is referring to now...then he is 100% wrong as we are the best program today period!!!

We have to do what we’ve done for the next 20 years to be considered among the top 5 programs in history!!! We will with Dabo...but make no mistake about it...all great runs come to an end...ours will also...the thing is...can we stay in it for the long haul???

We nor anyone else will know until we know...Amd that will take time!!! Lol!!!

Ya Just can't Fix STUPID!-Can ya?

Jun 24, 2020, 1:45 AM

I bet he has favorite little toys in the bathtub--a big grey elephant(they don't float well), some nuts-(momma forgets sometimes and thinks he pooped in the tub), a little wagon that the wheels fall off, and this big long rubber tube thingy which he tries to pull over his little head.Today-he got his head all the way in his rubber and into (where momma told him poop came from)and began gasping for air. He came out yelling jibberish about football-like some dork with his head up his butt. Imagine-playing in the tub with your favorite toys, getting your head stuck up your butt and emerge a Fox football analyst. I guess if you drop the "yst" it makes more sense.

BLESS HIS LITTLE PRUNE FINGERs HEAD UP THE BUTT HEART!!!

Jun 24, 2020, 6:54 AM

That was a lot of if's. If Cowherd had any talent he wouldn't have to troll fans to get attention.

Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:41 AM

Ha.....poor feller must be having a senior moment.

Jun 24, 2020, 7:42 AM

Nothing else....pray for him. Go Tigers.

The argument he's presenting and the argument he's

Jun 24, 2020, 8:43 AM

supposedly presenting are two different things.

What he's actually arguing is more like blue blood status and how good programs have been at their absolutely peak at different points in history.

That's absolutely a different argument than who's in the top tier of CFB programs right now.

Historically, Bama, OSU, USC, and OU have been better than Clemson. Those programs all have many more titles and have been far more consistent throughout history than Clemson.

Right now, however, only Bama is at the same level as Clemson with OSU a step behind and OU two or three steps behind. USC is currently being lapped.

Right now the top tier of CFB is absolutely Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State. Nobody else is in tier 1.

Jun 24, 2020, 8:52 AM

...here would have been a time for such a word.
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Cowherd is a big USC fan so no surprise with including them.

Jun 24, 2020, 8:53 AM

But he's right that those schools are 4 of the best all time.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:08 AM

"If Florida State had Bobby Bowden in his prime RIGHT NOW and Miami had Jimmy Johnson in his prime against Dabo Swinney -- Clemson's not making the Playoff"

That's not even an argument. Same hypothetical BS as, "Well, if Duke had an NFL caliber team, they would win more games."

How does this dope even have a show?

I'm not sure that's even true anyway

Jun 24, 2020, 9:29 AM

Peak 80s Miami under Jimmy Johnson was probably better than 2015-2020 Clemson, but I'm not sure you can really say that about most of Bobby Bowden's teams during their run from 87-2000. They were really good, but Clemson has been really good too and the schedules aren't even that different. They couldn't get past Miami like we've been able to do twice against Bama.

Re: I'm not sure that's even true anyway

Jun 25, 2020, 6:06 PM

WRONG!
Those Miami teams were lights out, but you can’t tell me they’d beat our recent teams. It would be a heck of a battle, but I’d say we’d have the edge.

first its that dull shannon sharp...and

Jun 24, 2020, 9:34 AM

now its that idiot, cowTerd,--if i didnt know better,id say ytheir show is about to be put on the scrap heap,if their rating dont go up..or they are just wanting attention....YOU PEOPLE..give them credibility with your attention to irrelevant people on an even more irrelevant show on that 4 letter network...

Jun 24, 2020, 11:17 AM

If you compare both programs over the last 5 years it’s not even close. Clemson’s W-69 L-5 while appearing in all 5 college playoff games and 4 NC games. We have 4-0 record against OSU giving Urban his only shut out in college football. The last time USC won a NC was was 2003. They had to vacate 2004 which involved the Reggie Bush scandal. The last 5 years USC’ record has been W’s-42 Loses-24. They have lost 3 out of their last 4 BG’s and in 2018 had a losing season and only won 5 games with 7 loses. Sort of like last year’s fake USC aka U of SC. Check the status as well as quality wins and who has been to the CFP’s every year!

Did Cowherd just pull their name from a hat?? No way CLEMSON is not ranked as #1 or #2. Cowherd pulls this same old crap every year not giving Clemson the Respect it has earned.

He show use to be pretty good but like Finebaum I think he had lost his freaking mind. He just can’t get a handle on Clemson’s Success. ??????

Well, Cowherd's an expert on second rate, but he has a point

Jun 24, 2020, 11:19 AM

I think he's right that some programs like Ohio State and Alabama have a significant infrastructure such that they are set-up for success with a mediocre coach.

I think he is ABSOLUTELY wrong about Clemson not being playoff bound if Bobby and Jimmy were at FSU and Miami, respectively. Unless you go back in time. Bobby didn't do anything better than Dabo's doing. He doesn't have better recruits, better facilities or a better culture. He doesn't have better coaches. He wasn't a better recruiter. No doubt we would have battles but we'd still have won more than our share.

Jimmy would get trounced. He couldn't run a program in 2020 like he did in the 80s. Dabo would crush him.

null

Re: Well, Cowherd's an expert on second rate, but he has a point

Jun 24, 2020, 12:04 PM

Re: TNET: FOX's Cowherd says Clemson is second-tier among CFB's top programs [1]
Posted: Jun 23, 2020 5:52 PM

He's being a history buff for the ratings . Last time USC was relevant on a national level was nearing 2 decades ago .
I'll grant him Bama and Ohio State , they've proven staying power and are currently putting their best foot forwar .
Oklahoma , is second tier . I would replace them with LSU , because LSU has 2 national championships in the last 2 decades .
Clemson has to be named top tier , not because I love the Clemson Tigers but bygawd because we beat up on teams like Auburn , FSU , Miami . If you want to go historical with your list making Cowherd fine , but state that it's being made out of ethereal air .

CORRECTION: LSU has THREE NCs in the past 20 years. Is one of only 2 teams with more than 2 NC Game Wins.

Don'T have much use for Cowherd but rankings change if you are looking at last year, last 5 years, last 20 years, since AP Poll started or distant history.

Ok......

Jun 24, 2020, 5:04 PM

No

Who is this Cow Turd woman you speak of? Never heard of her***

Jun 24, 2020, 5:30 PM

There is some truth to this when talking about us all time

Jun 24, 2020, 5:32 PM

vs. OK, AL, or OSU, but I disagree when it comes to USC. That program has been down since the 70's save 5 years in the early 2000s when they were cheating their butts off.

Jun 24, 2020, 8:41 PM

Colin Cowherd is in LA. He has to cater to his local audience. The ACC wasn't weak or trash just 3 years ago. FSU was relevant and Jimbo ran for the hills, he saw the writing on the wall. Louisville had Lamar Jackson....Saban has been at Alabama this whole time, and Dabo beat him , embarrassed him the last time the two played. Last time I checked, Auburn, Texas a+m, South Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, and Notre Dame are not in the ACC and Clemson has been beating all of them too.... Clemson is FSU in the 90s right now. The 90s FSU and current Clemson can't exist together, they have the same quality players from the same places. I wish Miami would wake up and get all that south Florida talent, the ACC would have what's going on in the SEC now, Georgia vs Alabama.... Lastly, so what. Colin Cowherd is not the emperer of college football and neither is Paul Finebaum.

Cowherd and the talking heads use contrarian thoughts...

Jun 25, 2020, 2:59 AM

...to gain attention. That’s all this ploy is. Alabama claims several questionable National Championships that they self awarded before the actual National Championship was started. They actually were awarded 15 National Championships according to the NCAA. Clemson has climbed to the top tier and has been a mainstay for half a decade. That is considered a legendary run. To win two National Championships from Alabama is pretty amazing. As long as Dabo stays at Clemson, this run will continue for the foreseeable future. Dabo is the best at finding hidden gems in the recruiting process. He turns no stars and three stars into blue chip quality players. He truly is an X’s and O’s guy which no one gives him the credit for. I can almost agree to us being second tier. But, keep this run going and before you know it we are sitting on 8 National Championships tied with USC and catching Notre Dame and surpassing the mighty Ohio State Buckeyes. In this world of fake news, Cowherd is just doing what he needs to-to draw attention to himself and gain listeners. He knows Clemson is solidified as a top tier powers house, but contradicting the narrative got us all buzzing. Cowherd got what he wanted. That said, Go Tigers! I have been a loyal fan since my first game in Death Valley in 1976! I couldn’t be more proud to be a Tiger. I have 3 degrees, two from rival ACC schools because of geography and a late education. I don’t claim loyalty to UNC Chapel Hill or Duke University. I like those schools and got a great education. But, I bleed orange and purple!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 7:47 AM

LOSER!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 9:13 AM

If Cowturd did his show from a forest would anybody hear it? No, probably just like now.

My overwhelming joy for these idiots

Jun 25, 2020, 8:17 PM

I really thought this would be the year that the tiger hating, snake biting idiots jumped on the band wagon, but t0 my surprise and delight they're reverting to their base. Hot diggity #### keep talking #### you idiots I love it.

Message was edited by: bleedsorange81®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top Tier

Jun 26, 2020, 1:43 PM

If we use ONE YEAR, there are 3 teams: CU, LSU, tOSU.

If we use FIVE Years, CU certainly is in there.

If we use 20 yrs, CU may or may not be in Tier One.

If we use Ancient History, everything changes.

Bt we know, of course, he is just stirring the pot and playing to his audience.

Replies: 99
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic