Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Blame the NCAA for Chase Young.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,447

Blame the NCAA for Chase Young.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:13 PM

They created this system. Now, they gotta deal with it.

Chase did not to to OSU to don the crimson and silver. He didn't go to bring a national championship to the horseshoe. He didn't go to get a degree. He went to prepare for a career in the NFL.

He is in a no lose situation. So what if he is declared ineligible? He has cemented his spot in the draft. Being suspended won't cost him one penny. In fact, he gets to rest his body and heal completely and start preparing for the draft. Getting caught violating NCAA rules is a no risk situation for him.

I'm sure there are several ogher guys throughout the country who have gotten loans "from a close family friend" or in some other way violated NCAA rules. And, there is absolutely no risk to them.

the NCAA and Ohio State should not be surprised with the actions of Young. And, they aren't. They are only surprised that he was stupid enough to get caught.

The NCAA message to athletes is this: Don't get caught.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blame the NCAA for Chase Young.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:15 PM

Why would we care about Chase Young?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 3:38 PM

I don't know. But, reading the board, apparently a lot of folks do.

Nov 8, 2019, 4:37 PM

Please visit some other CFB fan sites and see what they are talking about. No need to go to FSU's site,weknow what they are talking about.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Blame the NCAA for Chase Young. ]

Why do you act like this?
We care because it's the biggest topic of the day in college football, and this is a message board about college football. And if you pay any attention, at all, to the volume of posts, plenty of people find it a topic worth discussion.

Nov 8, 2019, 5:22 PM

I find it hilarious for the ones that spend the time to read an entire post then make the comment that nobody on here cares. Why read it to start with if you don’t care? Because if you don’t care then you shouldn’t have clicked on it to start with. The title plainly states what it’s about. If it’s a subject you don’t care about then simply keep scrolling on by. People just love to be negative and try their best to ruin people’s day. It’s sad folks gotta be like that. Keep posting dude. Ignore the jerks.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:42 PM

They “ain’t come to play School.” They come to play Football. “Classes are pointless.”
Cardell Jones.
It’s an OSU tradition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 8, 2019, 3:47 PM

Agreed but that's like I also disagree with pot being illegal, doesn't change the fact that it's illegal and I have to play by those rules or face the consequences if caught.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:47 PM

yeah NO.

Granted, the NCAA is about as functional as your local county council during happy hour with an open bar BUT the one thing they do *right* is ability to address the issue of under-the-table dealings and player cheating.

Granted, they are as consistent as your local state legislature with 100 kilo of cocaine on a tax-payer funded "retreat" to the Bahamas. Worse, they tend to lack any control over major "legacy" programs when MAJOR issues of fraud arrise, making the NCAA about as effective and non-partisan Congressional bachelor party.

My guess is that Young will be under the bus, Ohio State will get a minor probation if found to be hiding something and Cincinnati will have to forfeit the season.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:48 PM

Really? They know the rules when they sign up. Everyone knows the rules. Everyone knows there's no money.

Want to make money? Go play football somewhere other than the NCAA. Sit out 2 years and work out. There's actually a lot of semi-pro teams that play full seasons, go play for one of them.

The NCAA is not the minor league for the NFL. It's the NFL and the NFL Player's Union that creates the problem related to age limit, complain to them.

Don't like the NFL or NCAA rules? Go out and form a league with different rules, then pay whatever you want or can get. Suck up to Bill Gates or Mark Cuban or ol' Zuckerberg for a billion buck or so to tide you over.

P.S., don't take the prize or prize money for a hole-in-one contest if you want to play in the US Amateur, because their rules say you can't do that and still be eligible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 5:14 PM

There is a very valid reason for the age limit in football, not so much in the other major professional sports.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Blame the NCAA for Chase Young. ]

That’s what I believe every body keeps sweeping under the rug (knowingly). A contract means absolutely nothing anymore; for coach or player I’ll admit.

I blame the agent. He knows the rules better than anybody***

Nov 8, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Blame the NCAA for Chase Young. ]

Nov 8, 2019, 3:49 PM

How exactly did he get caught

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Uh Oh, jeancooper done made a loan.

Nov 8, 2019, 5:26 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 8, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Blame the NCAA for Chase Young. ]

Good ?, also how did he pay it back?-

Nov 8, 2019, 3:49 PM

How exactly did he get caught

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I will blame chase for breaking rules here is aware

Nov 8, 2019, 3:51 PM

Of.

If chase didn't want to go to OSU..he didn't have to

NO ONE FORCED HIM TO. HE AGREED TO THESE RULES.

The real villian you are looking for is the NFL...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I will blame chase for breaking rules here is aware

Nov 8, 2019, 5:42 PM

The NFL is the villain how?

No, I blame Chase. He undoubtedly knew the rules

Nov 8, 2019, 4:51 PM

and chose to break them. And, as always, the NCAA didn’t make the NCAA a minor league to the NFL...the NFL (age limits) and the players’ self-interest (the best Avenue to a pro career, with the best publicity, coaching, competition and facilities) did that.

Didn’t he say he took the loan last summer? Meaning he put the past two seasons on the line? That would have significantly hurt his draft status, had it been caught immediately. If he’s ruled ineligible, you’re right, it won’t hurt his pro career...and who cares about his teammates? They probably weren’t hoping to win the national championship anyway. Screw them.

null

Uhh they are dealing with it.

Nov 8, 2019, 4:59 PM

Nov 8, 2019, 6:49 PM

Of course. Blame it all on someone else. It’s the snowflake way. No one is ever responsible for their own actions. Sheesh!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 10:47 PM

I wasn't real clear. Of course I blame Young, and his family. They took the loan and I'm reasonably sure they knew it was a violation of the rules.

But, the point I was trying, so poorly, to make, is that the NCAA has set up the system so that there is no risk to Young to break the law.

It would be like posting a speed limit sign but then posting a sign under it: If you get speed there is no penalty.

Nov 8, 2019, 11:28 PM

No, it's about like saying that if you get caught speeding, they'll punish your boss and the one million demanding customers that clearly pressured you into speeding.

Everybody gets penalized except the offender and the agent, and your boss is free to change companies to escape the penalty.

The only ones left 'paying the penalty' are the teammates and law-abiding customers left behind.

Ok, Bret, we get it.

It might have been almost 40 years ago, but we still remember.

Nov 9, 2019, 7:51 AM

Why would I blame the NCAA? He's the one who broke the rules.

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic