Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big props to KD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Big props to KD

Jun 6, 2018, 11:31 PM

Nobody can stop the man when he is on!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big props to KD

Jun 6, 2018, 11:34 PM

Takes some huge balls for the 2nd best player in the world to join a 73 win team.

Not just any 73 win team. The 73 win team that beat you. Can’t beat them join them?

Message was edited by: JDude43

Jun 6, 2018, 11:39 PM

Yeah big props on quitting your team to join the team that beat you.

As children in elementary school whenever we picked teams at recess we knew to keep the talent balanced or it wasn’t fun.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:41 PM

Yep. So sad some in our society is supporting this atrocity.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

It's kind of like joining two other future HOFers in Miami right?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:49 PM

It is a lot like it. Why would players not go somewhere that they can win if the organization they are at isn't getting them the support they need to win?

Jun 6, 2018, 11:53 PM

I'm not throwing shade at any of the players they, did what they felt was best. Heck I've been a Heat fan since 2004. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:57 PM

Oh I know that I wasn't trying to come at you I was just agreeing. I am a Lebron fan tho I have come to really like the Cavs other players. I like KD and Steph a lot as well. KD did what he had to do to get a ring imo. Nothing wrong with that. He would be the best player on any team he played for on most nights so it isn't like he is using the Warriors to get a ring. It is a business anyways and he took a better job than he had.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

It is nothing like it. A few major differences.
1) the Heat were not a great team when he joined them.
2) he did not join the team that beat his own team in a knock down drag out fight for the western conf finals.
3) the Cavs were not going to be able to compete at an elite level with their management and players at the time LBJ left. The Thunder were very close to winning it all.

By KD joining the Warriors, the competition level of the entire league was tipped on its head. Beside 4-6 teams having a legit shot at winning it all now only 1 does for the foreseeable future. This is due to the fact he was a top 2-3 player and joined the best team in the league already.

Say what you will whether you are ok with him leaving OKC ( I think it was a coward move) but him joining the Warriors was not good for the NBA as a whole

Jun 7, 2018, 8:40 AM

It was a great move for KD though. His contract was up and he decided to go elsewhere. How can you hate on a guy for going to a different team when his contract was up. He didn't leave his team in OKC. He signed a contract and paid his dues. It is a job not just a sport for fun.

Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh are not like

Jun 7, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

Curry, KD, Klay, Draymond and Iguodala. On top of that, Steve Kerr is an outstanding coach. This Warriors team is probably the best team that has ever been assembled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 7, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

Not nearly as bad as joining a 73 win team in Miami. Also Bosh isn't a hall of famer IMHO.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:38 AM

What is bad about joining a good team???

Jun 6, 2018, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

This isn't recess tho. It is the NBA and these players want to win. He was a free agent. Would you not take a better job doing the same thing?

Jun 7, 2018, 12:08 AM

I would, but I also don’t make millions of dollars playing a game that I also sometimes played at recess.

And I didn’t like it when Lebron did it in Miami either.

Jun 7, 2018, 7:18 AM

Some kids do math in their spare time. So kids write or read. It is a job and you are saying you do not like them doing something that you just said that you would do. I just do not understand how you can hate on a guy for taking a better job. He wasn't born into OKC he was drafted and signed a contract. When his contract was up it wasn't leaving his team.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:24 AM

There were a lot of better jobs out there that weren't joining the 73 win Warriors and screwing over league parity for at least 5 years.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:42 AM

He didn't screw over the league. Other teams have money. They can go out and get good players. There isn't a better job than joining the Warriors obvlisouly seeing that he has been winning there and is the best player on his team.

Jun 7, 2018, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

But you're MoneyMakerMike , you already have millions I suspect . ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 7, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

I wouldn’t take a job to my biggest competitor from a company I help built.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

Takes even bigger balls to talk crap about somebody on tigernet. The man wanted to win and he wasn't getting any help from his organization.

Jun 7, 2018, 12:14 AM

Presti is one of the best GMs in the NBA. Look at the talent he’s drafted and managed to pick up in free agency and through trades in Oklahoma of all places. The year before Durant left that same OKC team took a 3-1 lead on the Warriors.

I wouldn’t blame DW for going to the Patriots, but there’s also so much more parity in the NFL, just by the nature of the game alone. If you can’t see the difference between that and what Durant did and why that’s rubbed some people the wrong way that’s on you.

Jun 7, 2018, 7:21 AM

There is not much difference in the Warriors and the Patriots. Maybe that the Patriots have been doing it longer. The Cavs and Houston have proven the Warriors are not head and shoulders above everybody. The Cavs are not even a good team and they have played the Warriors close.

Wait, what? The Cavs are down 3-0

Jun 7, 2018, 8:23 AM

The Warriors have won the Finals 2 out of the last 3 years and are about to make it 3 out of the last 4. The Cavs and Rockets have proven nothing, the Warriors are head and shoulders above everybody. Curry and Thompson had awful nights last night and they still won by 8 on the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 7, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

There were 28 other organizations he could of joined to win that wouldn't destroy league parity for the foreseeable future.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Big props to KD ]

So if Dw4 decided to go to the Patriots after his contract with the Texans is up you would hate on him for that?

Jun 7, 2018, 12:06 AM

Why would a coot care where DW4 went?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 7, 2018, 7:22 AM

Solid point.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:01 AM

Who is KD. I assume he is a coach or something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirsten Dunst***

Jun 7, 2018, 8:27 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic