Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big 10 Championship game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,709

Big 10 Championship game

Dec 8, 2020, 3:18 PM

should be Northwestern 5-1 vs Indiana 6-1. If Ohio St is unable to play a Big 10 conference game this weekend, then there shouldn't be any questions about the matchup. There are already 2 teams, 1 in Indiana, who has already met the criteria to qualify for the championship game. If they change the rules if OSU isn't able to get that 6th game in, then that sends a powerful message to every team in the Big 10. That message is that this is the Big BuckNut league and every other member needs to bow down to their savior in Ohio St.

If the rules do change, the other schools should start looking for another conference to join.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big 10 Championship game

Dec 8, 2020, 3:20 PM

B10: Solution: Ohio State plays Indiana again

Indiana: We gots the covid too, can't play this weekend. Wow, we ARE the champs know, who knew?

They already know it is the Nut Necklace League. The other

Dec 8, 2020, 3:21 PM

schools will fall on the sword to try and sneak their lone decent team into the CFP by any means possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Barry Alvarez...

Dec 8, 2020, 3:26 PM

the Big10 has already discussed reducing the required number of games in order to protect OcryO State.

He specifically said, "They're sitting up there still ranked No. 4. Our league can't keep them from having the opportunity if they have a chance to be in the finals."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: According to Barry Alvarez...the problem is

Dec 8, 2020, 3:28 PM

with that few games they shouldnt have a chance to be in the finals

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 3:30 PM

Or the Suckeye's opponent should pull a FSU for the championship game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the conference AD's tell Indiana they

Dec 8, 2020, 3:40 PM

have to play OSU again this weekend for a chance to play in the conference championship, I'd laugh in their faces and tell them #### no, you made the rules now live with them. To have OSU waltz into the playoffs with only 5 games is just so wrong. We will have played 11 and have experienced a ton of injuries as a result. OSU will not only not have beaten a team in the top 10, they won't even have played one. The one team they played with a pulse gave them a good game. In essence, they would be getting a bye.

Dec 8, 2020, 3:47 PM

THE COMMITTEE should do the right thing and move OSU to # 7 and get the Championship Games going and forget these 'Cracks...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate OSU as much as the next guy, but it's common sense to

Dec 8, 2020, 3:58 PM

put them in the championship game. The rule as currently written is that a team must have 6 games to be eligible. However, at 5-0, even if OSU were to lose the 6th game, they'd still be in the Big 10 Championship Game since they beat the only other 1-loss team (Indiana) in their division.

So here, what does the 6th game do to help declare a division winner? OSU would be the division winner with a win or loss in that 6th game. The 6th game isn't doing anything to decide a division winner.

The Michigan and Maryland games also were both canceled as a result of issues with the other programs, so that was also out of their control. Yes, the Illinois cancellation was due to their own outbreak, but still I think it would be too harsh to penalize a team for one cancellation.

Now, whether a 6-0 team whos best wins will be Northwestern and Indiana is worthy of a spot in the playoffs is a whole different conversation. Assuming Clemson and Alabama win their games, I think even currently I'd rather see the playoff be Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M, and ND.

Ohio State's other wins are all against teams with 2 wins all year (Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers, and Michigan State). Indiana has an impressive record, but it was only a 7 point victory in a home game for OSU. OSU gave up 491 passing yards to the only decent offense they'll face all year.

If Indiana proceeds to lose to Purdue, I think OSU's schedule could really be scrutinized down the stretch.

Dec 8, 2020, 4:07 PM

I hope the Big 10 changes the rule to put them in the championship game... and then Florida beats Bama and we beat ND, and they get left out anyway. Or they lose to Northwestern. Either result would make me very happy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think that Karma probably doesn't care enough about the

Dec 8, 2020, 4:31 PM

Big 10 to get involved, but if she did, it would only be fitting that Northwestern defeat the Nut Necklaces in the Big 10 Championship game. Then, they could take their toys, go back to their yard, and shut up for the rest of the year while the big boys play on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic