Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best is the Standard....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Best is the Standard....

Jan 12, 2023, 3:32 PM

unless it’s basketball. It takes awhile you know. Just wait til next year, or maybe not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong bored....

Jan 26, 2019, 7:31 PM

What is wrong with youse peoples?

Re: Wrong bored....

Jan 26, 2019, 7:33 PM

Cuz this is where all the cool people hang out.

Seriously, is this therapeutic for you?***

Jan 26, 2019, 7:34 PM

Re: Best is the Standard....

Jan 26, 2019, 7:37 PM

'Best is the standard' is a silly slogan. Doesn't win games.

Jan 26, 2019, 8:53 PM

Best - adj - Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality

Well if you are the BEST, by definition you will win every game.

Jan 26, 2019, 8:58 PM

i like Dabo but i could live without the slogans to include All In. That seems like Butch Jones type of stuff.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:28 PM

I guess we will just disagree. The slogans are just part and parcel to who he is, and how he motivates players. Seems to be working. As for Butch Jones, 84-64. with 2 conference titles, Dabo has as many NCs. So will you at least concede Dabo is better at it ?

Jan 26, 2019, 9:33 PM

can you provide any evidence that saying All IN or Best is the Standard or We Too Deep helps to win games.

Yes.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:35 PM

Before we started using those slogans, we had 1 NC. Since we started using them, we have 2.

#facts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Yes.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:56 PM

think it has more to do with Watson, Lawrence and more talented players not the slogans. lol

Jan 26, 2019, 10:26 PM

You are a gamecock , go away

Jan 26, 2019, 10:37 PM

I went to Clemson....i have a feeling you did not.

i'm pretty confident a SC fan is not going to be on here talking about Clemson basketball on a Saturday night.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes. ]

are you ClemVegas? You sound a lot like him.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

We Too Deep is the only one I don't like, you can never be

Jan 26, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

too deep! And I bet that isn't a Dabo quote, either!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

Will you at least admit they are better than what's coming ut of u-of-scjr ? You know, "Never Again" and all that crap.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:49 PM

out , not ut

Jan 26, 2019, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

Actually it's a huge help. It adds to the clemson identity and helps give an identity when recruiting. It's similar to trumps Make America Great again Slogan. It's easy to remember and is easily quoutably. It helps stick in young kids minds.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:04 PM

Mike Leach doesn't seem to be a slogan person and he's won a lot of games at places without a lot of past success.

Did you just compare Mike Leach’s coaching success to

Jan 26, 2019, 10:19 PM

Dabo’s?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Did you just compare Mike Leach’s coaching success to

Jan 26, 2019, 10:22 PM

do you think Clemson is better place to recruit players or Lubbock Texas or Pullman Washington.

Maybe if he used slogans he’d have an easier time?***

Jan 26, 2019, 10:25 PM

Maybr we should start putting our injured players in dark

Jan 26, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you just compare Mike Leach’s coaching success to ]

sheds like Leach, too. That will get you fired even in Lubbock, Texas. You are an idiot or a troll, possibly both. You probably have won the bets with your buddies already by lasting 2 days on TNet.

Re: Maybr we should start putting our injured players in dark

Jan 26, 2019, 10:56 PM

you are a cyber bully...make hostile comments to people in the internet. Develop some people skills.

Re: Maybr we should start putting our injured players in dark

Jan 26, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Maybr we should start putting our injured players in dark ]

Or using the F word as an adjective, adverb, verb or noun like Mike Leach does. What a loser.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't get it because you're not All In. It's a Clemson

Jan 26, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

thing, you wouldn't understand. As far as Mike Leach goes, I have never seen him coach a national championship team, and I doubt I ever will. You can have him.

Re: You don't get it because you're not All In. It's a Clemson

Jan 26, 2019, 10:57 PM

I'm not obligated to brown nose Dabo. I don't think slogans are necessary. It is not personal to Dabo or to you.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

His little slogans gets Clemson plenty of GOOD publicity from the media. He’s approachable and fun to the media which is all good for Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 27, 2019, 2:59 AM

I think you are conflating Dabo's charisma with the slogans. Those are two different things.

It doeen't seem like much fun to be so serious about slogans.

Jan 27, 2019, 4:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

Do you think anyone cares what you think about Dabo? If you do...stop. NO ONE CARES

Jan 26, 2019, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

You sir don’t understand big picture. All in, BYOG, ain’t Clemson rant... it’s all slogans and it’s all specifically scripted one liners to build our program. Dabo is the master communicator and motivator and everything he does has a purpose. The man understands 5 moves ahead on how change culture of a program. I don’t care what level of tactician you are... if you don’t change culture you fail. Dabo has it and BB does not. He needs to figure out what culture he wants in a program.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:57 PM

those slogans didn't prevent him from getting blown out by West Virginia or losing 5 in a row to SC or allowing a team to catch its own kick in the 4th quarter of a natty.

Just sayin

Jan 26, 2019, 10:06 PM

The slogans didn’t but the recruits listening and being all in did. Pay attention... that was a slogan that resonated with high school kids that signed to play for Dabo because they believe in him. Yes we had success in the past in football but under Bowden our program wasn’t great. It was supported financially and we were chasing others ideas. Dabo changed that and sold it to everyone that would listen. He changed the program with his leadership and his slogans brought the players that dominated the college football world. So yes... in a way his slogans absolutely solved the WVU beatdown and the 5 peat.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:19 PM

The slogans didn’t but the recruits listening and being all in did. Pay attention... that was a slogan that resonated with high school kids that signed to play for Dabo because they believe in him. Yes we had success in the past in football but under Bowden our program wasn’t great. It was supported financially and we were chasing others ideas. Dabo changed that and sold it to everyone that would listen. He changed the program with his leadership and his slogans brought the players that dominated the college football world. So yes... in a way his slogans absolutely solved the WVU beatdown and the 5 peat.

lol

Brownell has a slogan.

Clemson Grit.

A lot of losing teams in football have slogans.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:24 PM

I guess I’ll give you a slogan with empty meaning isn’t much. When Dabo speaks he means it and the slogans drive the culture.

Clemson grit seems to be surface level that lacks any transformation value to the program. Real slogans that define who you are draw kids in. Basketball doesn’t draw anyone in. Go find a coach who can inflict change.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:40 PM

You seem to think a slogan only has meaning if the coach then wins national titles. lol

I note that you haven't address my points about the differences b/t basketball recruiting and football recruiting. Southern colleges have a huge advantage in football recuriting that doesn't exist in basketball recruiting.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:53 PM

Ya I mean barely any schools in the southeast have good teams and recruit well. Do you consider tobacco road southeast?

Face it.. the hurdles to recruiting come from a coach that has nothing to sell to recruits. Zion, Luke Maye, Josiah, etc... all know to go to a bigger program bc they know at Clemson you won’t make it. Just glad our southern geography slows down teams like Clemson, Duke, UNC, NC State, Fl State, Kentucky, etc...

Jan 26, 2019, 11:01 PM

FSU hasn't done much in college basketball.

NC State had some good years in the past but they've been middle of the pack like Clemson for a long time. Clemson beat them 20 last year and Brownell is about .500 against NCSU.

Duke and UNC and Kentucky are the exceptions. I don't really consider Kentucky the south.

Florida has won 2 titles in basketball but it has struggled in recent years.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

You've never noticed the SEC is generally not as good in basketball as it is football?

G Tech is right in the heart of downtown ATL which seems like it would help in recruiting basketball players but Brownell has owned G Tech.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:23 PM

SEC is just as good in basketball as football with the exception of the perceived media bias. The south attracts just as much basketball talent as anywhere. We didn’t even mention Tenn who is #1 in the country.

I’m not sure where you break your geography but Kentucky, Tenn, and Vandy are all southern schools who have had recent success. Truth is Clemson searches for excuses instead of just admitting we need direction.

Jan 27, 2019, 3:10 AM

tenn is not a legit no. 1 in the country as you will find out soon.

National title winners in basketball the past 25 years include Cuse, Nova, Uconn, etc, programs that haven't done much in football.

it is funny to me that people can't admit that Clemson has a natural advantage in football recruiting compared to basketball recruiting.

Jan 27, 2019, 5:25 AM

That natural advantage is Dabo with all of his sayings. I am not going to say that he was the first to transfer All In from poker terminology to a particular mindset, but he is the first that I remember. Now you are likely to hear it in reference to anything.

What you seem to miss is that it is not Dabo that pushes certain sayings. They are things that happen to stick with people and resonate with them. They become slogans because others identify with them and repeat them. In this day and time with social media taglines and #'s little snipits dominate society from Me Too to Build the Wall. I don't know if it was intentional or an accident but Dabo was way ahead of the curve.

I understand your argument of a geographic advantage, but I would have to ask how we managed to become arguably the Best program in college football with Alabama being the only other team in the conversation? There are at least a couple of dozen schools with an advantage over us and a couple of dozen more on equal footing. The Florida schools should all be dominating under your argument.

We are at a disadvantage with our basketball program, but it is simply due to history, and there are people out there that can change that. I think that Coach Brownell is a good coach, but I don't think that he will ever be a great coach which brings me back to the original topic of the post. I think that last years team was an aberration as I think this years team is. I think under Brownell that we will fall in the middle of the league 6 out of 10 years, with a couple towards the top and a couple towards the bottom.

I will put my take on the post a little different way. Would you rather take a chance on getting worse in an attempt to be better or would you rather be mediocre most of the time with a good year now and then? Personally, I would rather take the chance, but I think we stand as good of a chance at downgrading at coach as upgrading.

I do think that a dynamic new coach can flip the ###### like Dabo did. Though we cared more about football, we were a middle of the road program. If you want a basketball comparison, then look at Duke before Coach K. They had a good year or 2 under Foster I think, but they were not the power house until Coach K got there. Regardless, of other things the coach is the most controllable aspect to recruiting. Are we likely to find one of those people? Honestly, on the first try, probably not with what we would spend, but I think it is even less likely that Coach Brownell transforms into that person. Therefore, are you satisfied?

Why the censorship?

Jan 27, 2019, 5:29 AM

What is wrong with scr1pt?

Jan 27, 2019, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

Ahhhhh, the coot in you comes out. All it took was one slip up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Best is the Standard.... ]

Dabo's never had the challenge of Clemson basketball because Clemson football had been good in the past and had won a national title.

Expecting basketball recruiting to be as easy as football recruiting at Clemson is silly. Clemson is located in the heart of great recruiting region for football and it is a warm climate which attracts some kids from up north.

I bet CBB regrets saying that.***

Jan 26, 2019, 8:57 PM

When did he say that?***

Jan 26, 2019, 9:36 PM

I don’t think he did.***

Jan 26, 2019, 9:36 PM

Jan 26, 2019, 9:40 PM

Basketball keeps us grounded! We see how the coots feel during football season!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic