Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU / UF - I think UF gets the win for their fired coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FSU / UF - I think UF gets the win for their fired coach

Nov 27, 2014, 8:10 AM

FSU is only favored by a touchdown at home.

While UF can't move the ball on anyone except UGA apparently, the fact they did destroy Georgia tells me their offense has the potential to be effective. But their offense only has to be serviceable - their defense will play lights out Saturday.

The fact FSU is coming within an eyelash of losing every game they play......if UF has an offense Saturday that isn't hurting them they will beat FSU. The playoff committee's job is about to get a lot harder if that happens.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost to SCAR at home

Nov 27, 2014, 8:16 AM

off two ST blunders and you think they are going to upset the Criminoles in Tallahasshole?

Lol okay.

Georgia also lost to SCAR, a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.

Re: They lost to SCAR at home

Nov 27, 2014, 3:21 PM

So how do you explain losing 5 IN A ROW to the gamecocks?

We've had 3 different 4 game win streaks

Nov 27, 2014, 4:19 PM

against the coots during my lifetime. How do you explain that? I mean, you've had a nice little run, but when you compare our winning streaks to yours...

Re: They lost to SCAR at home

Nov 27, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to They lost to SCAR at home ]

Some of you disagreeing are a trip.....you're telling me a 7 point favorite is a lock to win a game? A 7 point favorite means this games is going down to the wire......it means the game is coming down to the last possession.

FSU hasn't lost since 2012 and against a team that isn't even ranked they are only a 7 point favorite, AT HOME. If UF had won a couple more games they may even be favored in this game. The fact is FSU may not be that good. This UF team is playing with a ton of emotion because they are playing for the guy that recruited them to UF who just got fired and those kids will be playing their best game come Saturday, or at least trying to.

After Mushchamp got fired, UF played Eastern Kentucky last week.....a win over them would mean nothing, even though EKU was 9-2......UF beat them 52-3. A win over FSU will actually mean something for the team and their outgoing coach. UF will be the toughest defense FSU will face all year....sure there may be defenses with better stats, but none have more talent and none will have played with the emotion this UF defense will have Saturday.

The line has been dropping all week. The big money is going UF in this game. Even if many don't thing UF will win, most think it will be a toss up at the end. All the other close wins for FSU have been because a team couldn't stop FSU's offense at the end.....this UF defense is up to the task.

Best D they face? Here's a stat. -12 rushing yds in regulation

Nov 27, 2014, 5:46 PM

Call me when UF comes anywhere near that dominant of a performance on D..

Re: Best D they face? Here's a stat. -12 rushing yds in regulation

Nov 27, 2014, 6:53 PM

> Call me when UF comes anywhere near that dominant of
> a performance on D..

Awesome performance by the Tiger D that night but without Winston FSU was much more one dimensional and Venables sold out to stop the run...and it was still a loss.

Regarding stats, the Tigers and UF are basically tied in rushing yards allowed per game....http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-rushing-yards-per-game.

Florida's defense got their stats against tougher SOS however: http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
I will also argue UF's defense has played almost an entire season with no offense, and still maintained great defensive stats. So yeah, come Saturday, the talent level on Florida's defense combined with great coaching and off the chart emotion will result in the toughest defense FSU will have seen this season.

Nov 28, 2014, 9:58 PM

Only 3 teams they played were UGA, BAMA & MIZZOU, and they put up 42, 42 & 38 on that awesome D ;)

Nov 28, 2014, 10:00 PM

Do you, by chance, happen to be a able to look yourself in the mirror and honestly say you see Florid matching that type of point production? Didn't think so, sir. I rest my case.

Re: FSU / UF - I think UF gets the win for their fired coach

Nov 27, 2014, 8:21 AM

I agree FLD could be the first team to beat FSU. I also think GT if they play well maybe able to win also. With that said, FSU losing will hurt the ACC and take the Orange bowl away from a second ACC team. Double edged sword. Let's just beat the crap out of that other Palmetto State team first.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2014, 8:21 AM

What? They couldn't win their last home game of the season against a lesser team for their coach, but now they are going on the road against a better and will win?

No way they win this game FSU has everything to play for and UF is a run only team with no passing game FSU will shut them down and pull away in the 2nd half like every t

Nov 27, 2014, 8:26 AM

Don't be so sure, lesser teams have given FSU a run. And with this being an instate rivalry you just never know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2014, 8:50 AM

I agree with OP, UF players love Muschamp and will want to send him out on top. FSU has played with fire all year. This game is about every unmeasurable statistic. I also believe GT can knock them off in ACCCG.

One could argue FSU is due for a complete game***

Nov 27, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU / UF - I think UF gets the win for their fired coach ]

I think UF goes up 45-0, then loses 82-45 in the 4th qtr.***

Nov 27, 2014, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2014, 10:46 AM

Not gonna happen so no issue

Nov 27, 2014, 3:00 PM

Cupton I didn't know you were a profit or a soothsayer.

Nov 27, 2014, 3:12 PM

You mean prophet? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sssh, they don't teach spelling in Cootlumbia***

Nov 27, 2014, 4:20 PM

Spoken like a true SEC Gamecock.***

Nov 27, 2014, 1:15 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic