Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being in the acc weak conference year after year,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Being in the acc weak conference year after year,

Jan 21, 2020, 10:20 AM

Do you think it will eventually catch up to us and impact our recruiting?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re:Being in the acc weak conference year after year,Late sch

Jan 21, 2020, 10:23 AM

this is why its late every year being released. All the team are weak and it takes tiome to know who will be strong enough to play and when

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being in the acc weak conference year after year,

Jan 21, 2020, 10:34 AM

Oh, I thought you were talking about Basketball....

nevermind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 10:38 AM

Our current recruiting class is the class of 2020.

They were freshmen in high school the last time the ACC was thought to be decent to above average during the 2016 football season.

They were sophomores in high school the last time the Coastal division presented Clemson with a decent opponent for the ACC title game.

Next year's recruiting class was in 7th grade the last time they knew of Clemson not being in the college football playoff.

This season's class (2020) gets to play Notre Dame 3 times in OOC games.

The next class gets Notre Dame twice and UGA once.

The following two classes add games with LSU.

On top of those scheduled games, the coaches can continue to sell matchups with the top teams around the country as long as we keep performing during the regular season.

I think players come to Clemson for Clemson and not for the conference, but I also think we have a lot to offer high profile players in terms of big matchups during their playing career.

thx good answer***

Jan 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

no. last year was historically weak. most years respectable***

Jan 21, 2020, 10:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no. last year was historically weak. most years respectable***

Jan 21, 2020, 10:58 AM

Weak is the narrative from the SEC paid homers...there is somewhat parity in the ACC...with Clemson being an outlier year after year...we'd be an outlier in the SEC east as well...Florida usually can't find a quarterback or keep players out of trouble...Georgia can't find a coach...and the rest of them can't find their a**! We'd go undefeated in every other conference except maybe we lose a game once in a while to 0310 State...If you listen to the rankings and assessments from those paid to downgrade everyone but the SEC you'll always be stuck with the term 'weak'...but the two ladies schools, Old & young Miss, Vandy, Bourbon U, Misery, and Harkansas are never 'weak'...who cares about USuck...Once upon a time they kicked out Tulane, Suwannee & Ga. Tech cause they were weak so they need to make a move soon before someone wakes up and notices the other sisters! Let us just keep being the best Clemson we can be for as long as we can be it...only in the Big 12 do schools who can't win commit leavaside...Arkansas, Misery, Nebraska, Colorado & of course that other losing Texas school! Instead of getting better, they got out!

Jan 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

I'll answer your question with a question. Since you (dirt #ecker) being in the mighty sec, do you think it might affect your recruiting one day? Let's see CLEMSON has 3 nattys, 5 straight appearance in the playoffs, 25 conference titles, 8 divisional titles, 71-42-4 record against you, compared to one conference title and one divisional title in football since 1801. I would say it's time for you to take your head out of your ####!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One word describes you, stupid. Have u heard that a lot in your life ?

Jan 21, 2020, 10:46 AM

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: One word describes you, stupid. Have u heard that a lot in your life ?

Jan 21, 2020, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the td, must have struck a coot nerve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One word describes you, stupid. Have u heard that a lot in your life ?

Jan 21, 2020, 4:36 PM

You add nothing to anyone's life. Your response is the most idiotic one so far. I can see a loser when they just open their pie whole. did you even graduate from clemson or even donate money. I see you having zero donations to tigernet. at least I have 5 and you think I am coot idiot.

Message was edited by: nick0104®

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Jan 21, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Being in the acc weak conference year after year, ]

1801...did Washington, Jefferson & Strom Thermond play on that team?

Jan 21, 2020, 11:54 AM

No, that was the year u of suck was founded.

i think it boosts it if anything

Jan 21, 2020, 10:50 AM

kids know they're going to get a chance to go to the big dance on a year to year basis. As long as you'r on top. It never hurt FSU's recruiting when they were the big dog. Some kids go to the SEC or the Big 10 on conference bias but thats ok. IT would happen regardless if our other teams were good.

the only way it hurts is if we get bump out because we had a loss and the perception of the conference is weak. This year, it would have hurt us. Had we lost any game i think they were itching to boot us out because the media wants the perception of the same teams getting in year after year to go away.

Jan 21, 2020, 10:57 AM

Can Clemson provide them with a chance to make the NFL? 100% yes which has been proven by several draft picks over the last several years including several 1st rounders.

Can Clemson provide them with a chance to compete for national titles? 100% yes as well.

Can Clemson provide them with a chance to receiver national coverage not only as a team, but as an individual as well? 100% yes as proven by guys like Watson, ETN, Simmons, Lawrence, etc...

If all of that is true in additional to everything Clemson provides in facilities, coaching, and as a university in general then recruiting isn't going to be a problem.

Also, the ACC has been really bad over the last 2 seasons, but it's not always this down. Clemson played 5 ranked opponents during the 2017 regular season.

Jan 21, 2020, 10:57 AM

Probably so. I mean....we're absolutely cycling out. The mighty Gamecocks down in the all powerful SEC are really reaping the benefits of being in a league tougher than the NFL.
Professor Muschamp is stockpiling talent at a rate never seen before.
I wonder if we'll ever compete again.

i think the coots will compete eventually but not in my life

Jan 21, 2020, 11:10 AM

Time .. I am 57 and hope never see them win anything

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Easy fix for ACC, in preseason polls have 4 or 5 teams

Jan 21, 2020, 11:31 AM

ranked in the top 10 doesn't matter whether they deserve it or not. They blow out weaker teams/FCS teams to justify ranking. When they play each other who ever lost still hangs around at bottom half of top 10. This is just what the sec does with the help of ESecPN every year. Hence the sec always best conference bullsh!t.

Re: Easy fix for ACC, in preseason polls have 4 or 5 teams

Jan 21, 2020, 12:50 PM

Exactly!!!!! I wonder if they have UF in the top 10 preseason like EVERY year. They pack the top 25 with SEC teams based on nothing, then sit back and point to how good they are.

Happens every year.

Jan 21, 2020, 1:16 PM

Yes. The SEC teams get an automatic head start every year. That's why many end up ranked at the end with 3-4 losses.

Jan 21, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Easy fix for ACC, in preseason polls have 4 or 5 teams ]

Guys the SEC just went 9-2 in the postseason and won the Natty. I understand the perception of bias, but they were clearly the best conference this year. And it wasn't close.

Jan 21, 2020, 4:26 PM

But should 2019 have any bearing on 2020's rankings?

Jan 21, 2020, 5:43 PM

To a degree, yes. Teams aren't turning over their entire roster, and it's impossible to accurately predict what a bunch of brand new first-year recruits or replacements are going to do to impact the product on the field. So, if we are allowing pre-season polls, last year's results are certainly a key data point.

Ideally there wouldn't be any polls at all until a month or so into the season...but you won't convince the media of that.

If it's going to it already has.

Jan 21, 2020, 11:33 AM

We've been steadily climbing in class recruiting rankings for a decade now. Unless you expect a zero recruiting class which ranks higher than #1 I'd say this is about where we'll stay for a long time coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, if it doesn't get better.***

Jan 21, 2020, 12:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering the weakest year in the ACC coincided with

Jan 21, 2020, 1:34 PM

our best ever recruiting class..... I'd say naw.

Re: Considering the weakest year in the ACC coincided with

Jan 21, 2020, 4:36 PM

"Guys the SEC just went 9-2 in the postseason and won the Natty. I understand the perception of bias, but they were clearly the best conference this year. And it wasn't close."

LSU actually won the Natty.

The SEC didn't really do anything, because the SEC isn't a thing...............it's a collection of 14 different things.

Who plays QB for the SEC?

I thought I'd graduated from Clemson........................but you're telling me I graduated from the ACC?

Re: Considering the weakest year in the ACC coincided with

Jan 21, 2020, 5:45 PM

Really? You realize this thread is about the collective strength of a conference, right? So, yes, the combined results of the members is absolutely relevant.

Jan 21, 2020, 4:42 PM

It will catch up with us in the CFP first.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic