Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Before you pull the trigger on steep ND tickets ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Before you pull the trigger on steep ND tickets ....

Sep 26, 2015, 10:43 AM

...check the forecast. Tickets are cheaper when they're wet.

There's a large divergence in 5-7 day models, with the potential for at least light rain into Saturday.

Watch the gulf early next week and the projections as things develop. HEck the ticket prices aren't going to get any higher anyway.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before you pull the trigger on steep ND tickets ....

Sep 26, 2015, 10:52 AM

Good advice Rev.....I'm hoping to run into a couple next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO here are the types of "fans" who mainly purchase these

Sep 26, 2015, 10:52 AM

-non die hard/casual clemson fans
-CFB fans in general with no affiliation with either team. Just looking to see a good game.
-businessmen who take clients and pay with company credit cards as an expense
-ND fans who do not have enough "iptay points" or their version of to buy through their AD

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Also Clemson fans beseiged by friends...

Sep 26, 2015, 10:54 AM

...who fit those categories.

But all of them will wane somewhat if the likelihood of wet weather grow.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so fast, my friend.......

Sep 26, 2015, 11:12 AM

You guys are generalizing like crazy and are letting your imagination get in the way of reality.

* I don't fit any of the categories you posted.
* I have purchased 2 tickets to each of the following games through StubHub:
CU-ND - about $1,000
CU-FSU - about $800
CU-USCjr - about $500
* I will be in attendance at those games whether it rains, snows or a if nuclear bomb is dropped.

The only thing I'm unsure about is whether I will also buy 2 tickets for the CU-GT game - and I just might.

I always try to buy the same tickets for every DV game I attend - 1st row, upper deck, section F on the 50 yard line. They are good seats and I like them far more than what I would get if I tried buying season tickets.

You see, there are some of us who are not IPTAY members, don't beg for tickets at face value and are happy to pay for good seats for the games want we want to attend - even if to some it seems like we overpaid.

So, if I'm one of these "fans" you all are pointing to and suggesting are not "true Clemson fans", think again...... you couldn't be more wrong.

Re: Not so fast, my friend.......

Sep 26, 2015, 11:43 AM

How can you be happy dropping that much money on tickets for 4 games? That's like double the money for a season ticket. Wow

Sep 26, 2015, 11:53 AM

And just where do you think the season tickets would be?

What you see depends entirely upon where you sit......... literally and figuratively.

Sep 26, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Not so fast, my friend....... ]

I agree. We only attend select games now due to 2 little ones....and they are not always premium games. In fact, we prefer to take the kids to "lesser" games because we park general, don't tailgate, and typically cannot stay the entire game.

This from someone who didn't miss a home game from 1980 til 2006.....

Ftr- we are leaving the kids at home next week.

did you knock wood, sacrifice a chicken, burn incense

Sep 26, 2015, 10:58 AM

and chant after you invoked the large divergence?

if not, at least we'll know whom to blame.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tix on the ground, man

Sep 26, 2015, 10:59 AM

People will be in a hurry to dump the $500 ticket they didn't sell.

$100-$150 cash in hand is better than an unused ticket.

i might end up selling 2 of my 5...

Sep 26, 2015, 11:09 AM

Not gonna ask for an arm and a leg, maybe $150 each. Depends on if I can find a babysitter.

And only to Clemson fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i might end up selling 2 of my 5...

Sep 26, 2015, 12:05 PM

I'll buy two for $150 per ticket. Please let me know if available. I can pay cash and meet you in person.

Sent you a T-Mail. Alum (2000) looking for 2 tickets...

Sep 26, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to i might end up selling 2 of my 5... ]

I'll be bringing my GF to her first Clemson game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rain or shine prices will drop

Sep 26, 2015, 11:12 AM

the closer Saturday gets here.

There will be a lot of people trying to sell tickets for $500 that will still be holding them going into next week and will be wanting their money so they will have to drop the price. Probably a good number of people that spent the big bucks this week will be ill next week when they see they can get the same ticket or close to it for half the price. The better tickets will hold some value, like lower bowl between the 30's, but the people asking for your mortgage payment for upper deckers will be dropping their price faster than Coots jumping off the Ol' Ball Sac band wagon.

Re: Rain or shine prices will drop

Sep 26, 2015, 11:40 AM

I agree year before last when everyone was paying unreal amount for FSU tickets I actually sold mine for a very good profit. I waited till game day and about 30 mins before game time paid less than face value for 2 tickets on the 25 on the south side of the stadium. Hated the game but I did like the fact made little money I got to see my tigers play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you but I am one who spent a bunch to buy up

Sep 26, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Rain or shine prices will drop ]

extra tickets for family. I don't like paying the crazy amounts but I am also a service member and like to have everything dress right dress way before a few days before a game. Just the way I do business. I can't expect family to travel with just the hopes of having tickets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nailed it!***

Oct 3, 2015, 3:54 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic