Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beating unc and duke doesn’t change my mind at all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,007

Beating unc and duke doesn’t change my mind at all

Jan 18, 2020, 2:59 PM

I think CBB is a lame duck coach who hasn’t proven anything at Clemson. It’s 10 years of nothing.

A reasonable Clemson basketball fan will tell you making the tournament 1 out of every 2-3 years would be acceptable.... we don’t expect it every year.... but we also don’t expect to suck every year.

CBB is a lame duck, fire away with Td... I don’t care. You know I’m right, get ready to lose 4 out of the next 5 probably and here clowns on here defend him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beating unc and duke doesn’t change my mind at all

Jan 18, 2020, 3:00 PM

t net nazis will attack you for that!

Good Lord...get a clue***

Jan 18, 2020, 3:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 3:02 PM

You actually have a good point. Still a long way from being decided, but he has to prove he can get on a roll after these stretches of wins. If we ginish like 15-15 he hasn't proven anything to me, but would probably be back with the recruits he has coming in. Next year is the pivitol year though, no doubt....

Umm...

Jan 18, 2020, 3:03 PM

What does this have to with baseball?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t care for whiners, but you would have been credible...

Jan 18, 2020, 3:04 PM

if you had posted this before game rather than at halftime while we are trailing by 12

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 3:05 PM

He will be back next season. Might was well get on board for another season and a half.

Jan 18, 2020, 3:08 PM

When Earl Grant left our recruiting took a hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 18, 2020, 3:09 PM

Seems our recruiting has picked up.

Beating them was huge, but not anywhere near enough to

Jan 18, 2020, 3:10 PM

retain him if we fail to make the tournament again. Got to keep perspective here - building and maintaining a good program that makes the tournament with some regularity should be the MINIMUM expectation. If we don't make it again this year, then Brownell has failed MASSIVELY. If he gets us into the tourney this year, he's earned another year. I like Brownell a lot, and would prefer to keep him if possible. If he fails, like any other coach, he's got to go. I don't know whay this is so hard for people to get through their skulls.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Beating them was huge, but not anywhere near enough to

Jan 18, 2020, 3:12 PM

I dont think the tournament was expected this year. That would an overachievement imo.

It sure was expected, or should've been, last year. Last

Jan 18, 2020, 3:17 PM

year was the big fail. This year should be nothing than a chance for Brownell to save his job by working a miracle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It sure was expected, or should've been, last year. Last

Jan 18, 2020, 3:19 PM

Last year it was definitely expected. This year I expected a bad season. Next year I expect the tournament.

That should be a hard red line. Enough mediocrity. And

Jan 18, 2020, 3:23 PM

to be clear, not making the tournament is the definition of mediocrity (or worse). Consistent, reliable mediocrity has been Brownell's signature at Clemson.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: That should be a hard red line. Enough mediocrity. And

Jan 18, 2020, 3:28 PM

Very mediocre. I just think we will have some nice pieces and depth next season.

I agree we should be improved next year, but I think that

Jan 18, 2020, 3:39 PM

looking forward, there must be coaches out there that can take the program to higher levels than Brownell has demonstrated he can (assuming he doesn't work that miracle and get us to the dance this year).

- H. L. Mencken

You are 100% correct

Jan 18, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Beating them was huge, but not anywhere near enough to ]

Brownell has amassed what is a great fortune financially in ten years for being an overall abject failure. We’ve beaten the tarholes in Chapel Hill AND beaten Duke, yet it still seems inevitable that we will not make the dance again this season. It’s not even looking like the NIT is a sure thing. That’s messed up, big time.

Brownell has our $millions. Time to say goodbye and try something else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand why it's even up for debate.

Jan 18, 2020, 3:35 PM

If Brownell gets us to the dance this year, he deserves a great big big pat on the back, and another year. If not, the change should happen decisively. It has nothing to do with how good of a guy Brownell is, or how much he loves Clemson. It has to do with results. Even Dabo knows "the fun is in the winning".

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic