Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shyheim Battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Shyheim Battle

Jun 28, 2018, 9:43 PM

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/High-Schools/2018/06/27/Shyheim-Battle-talks-recent-trips-announcement-plans.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shyheim Battle

Jun 28, 2018, 10:11 PM

At least he mentioned Clemson, I hope he wants to do something special like win championships and be on National TV showing the world his skills for the NFL. At Clemson he will have a chance to be in the playoffs and be developed to the best of his ability in getting to the NFL and being a wise man when he leaves.

Clemson should be his choice if he wants to play against the Best and be prepared for the best in the nfl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 28, 2018, 10:13 PM

He's enjoying playing the game. But wouldn't be surprised if we move on before his 12/15 announcement, especially if we get Booth

Jun 29, 2018, 12:16 AM

If we grab Booth early, like say at the cookout, I could see the coaches if they want to take a third corner swinging for the fences more on somebody like Bush or Elam. There may be an outside shot at Chris Steele. They've offered him and it was an offer that he wanted but he'll probably be committed to the Trojans by then and that would definitely be a long shot at best.

Steele already committed

Jun 29, 2018, 6:40 AM

I believe. But if we get Booth on board I'd rather use Battle's spot for a prospect with a higher ceiling a la Goodrich this year. Don't know that Battle has the top end athleticism to match Terrell, Mullen, McMichael, Goodrich, Booth, Jones, etc

Re: Steele already committed

Jun 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

I think Steele's committment is scheduled for July 7th... Doubt we get him though

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both are takes

Jun 29, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Shyheim Battle ]

we are taking 3 DBs

Re: both are takes

Jun 29, 2018, 11:02 AM

I know we're taking 3 corners. I was saying that if we have Booth and Jones on board to take a higher upside prospect with the last spot. I think Battle can be a good player and provide depth but he's not starting over Booth or Jones so I'd rather see us take someone with a higher ceiling

Coaches have done their evals

Jun 29, 2018, 11:37 AM

not saying we don't take someone else...but right now its Booth and Battle

we'll continue to recruit other guys bc we aren't going to hold a recruits spot but those two are our top priority

Bush hasn't visited since we offered, and many of the other DB offers we have out haven't visited either. We are in constant contact with Booth and Battle and both have visited recently.

There are always guys we find late in the cycle that turn out to be perfect for us, but right now there isn't another guy.

i dont see us moving on

Jun 29, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Shyheim Battle ]

if the spot fills before his announcement then yes, but we are targeting both Booth and Battle.

This doesn't sound too encouraging

Jun 29, 2018, 11:10 AM

I went up to Virginia Tech, that was pretty cool — that was a pretty cool atmosphere. You were up in the mountains, got to drive through the mountains. I had a good time there.

What are some different things that stuck out to you about those places?

“I know at Virginia Tech, they’ve got this thing called the Hokie Stone. They got that thing right on the campus. That was a cool thing I noticed.

Clemson, that’s kind of in the middle of nowhere. That’s good because it keeps you focused. You don’t have to worry about getting into anything outside of school. You aren’t going to find yourself in any trouble. No distractions pretty much.”

You never know though... there's still a long time left in the process.

Lol at saying CU is in

Jun 29, 2018, 11:17 AM

The middle of nowhere but saying VT is in a cool area. Read several of his interviews and his answers seem to change depending on the affiliation of the person that's interviewing him.

Battle just committed to Ohio State

Jun 29, 2018, 3:00 PM

Article implied that Miami was his next closest choice.

Re: Battle just committed to Ohio State

Jun 29, 2018, 3:09 PM

Different Battle, Jordan Battle is a safety form FL. Shyheim Battle is a corner from NC.

Re: Battle just committed to Ohio State

Jun 29, 2018, 6:36 PM

Thank you, sir, for correcting me. Daggumit, I thought that I paid closer attention to recruiting than this!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic