Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Lineup projections?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Baseball Lineup projections?

Jan 21, 2020, 12:49 PM

Hey guys, Im super excited for baseball season to begin. What are your thoughts on the lineup, positioning for the Tigers this season.

I really, really, like our pitching experience with Lefty arms in Clark, Askew, Hennessy and Weatherly and righty arms in Sharpe, Spiers, Strider, Marr, Jones,
This is probably the best pitching staff at Clemson in a long time.

But the rest of the lineup seems really up for grabs?
Catching: Hackenberg
Shortstop or 2nd Bryer Hawkins
Sam Hall
OF Teodosio, Kier, Michel Green

Curious as to ya'lls thoughts!?!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Lineup projections?

Jan 21, 2020, 1:05 PM

This season could be a long season.
Your right the Pitching staff has experience but I’m afraid that’s about it. Sharpe is a good D1 pitcher but nothing that great after him. Spiers and Weatherly out the BP are quality pitchers but that’s about it. We should field a decent out
Field but they have got to be able to hit.

I agree that we need to be able to hit...

Jan 21, 2020, 1:16 PM

We need to hit the ball around the field and run bases well!
I feel like we have a lot of players that simply look the same--in terms of size, but also in terms of play. It feels as if we have an assortment of utility players because of the last two seasons. Granted the trend is for players to multiposition! However, there seems to be no Logan Davidson, Chris Okey, Chase Pinder, Grayson Byrd, Kyle Parker, Steven Dugger, Mike Freeman, Brad Miller, Eli White, Chris Williams, Tyler Colvin...
I am hoping that a few guys begin to really stand out! I think Teodosio can be that all around off/def kind of guy but its such a different feel in my opinion. I guess Montee Lee's structure has finally settled in with his players.

Jan 21, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Lineup projections? ]

AND EVEN BEFORE ON CUE COOTIN18 HAS US IN THE ####### BEFORE THE 1ST PITCH IS TOSSED IN THE 1ST PRACTICE. SMFH. BY THE WAY SHOULDNT YOU CHANGE YOUR HANDLE TO COOTIN20.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?

Jan 21, 2020, 1:53 PM

I've meant nothing negative about the team. I'm just wondering where some of our guys are going to end up playing on the field and in a batting order. Coach Lee has worked really hard to bring in his type of ball players, simply meaning many of them are similar in being able to play all over the field (utility). This has been in a trend in baseball--even MLB.

I stated I was excited for the team and season! I also indicated that I thought the pitching staff was going to be very good with experience and talent. I simply, don't know who will play at 3, 4,, 6, 5.

The cootcalling seems out of place! Good grief.

Re: ?

Jan 21, 2020, 3:30 PM

I believe he was replying to your first replier, not you. HTH

?

Jan 21, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Lineup projections? ]

I've meant nothing negative about the team. I'm just wondering where some of our guys are going to end up playing on the field and in a batting order. Coach Lee has worked really hard to bring in his type of ball players, simply meaning many of them are similar in being able to play all over the field (utility). This has been in a trend in baseball--even MLB.

I stated I was excited for the team and season! I also indicated that I thought the pitching staff was going to be very good with experience and talent. I simply, don't know who will play at 3, 4,, 6, 5.

The cootcalling seems out of place! Good grief.

Jan 21, 2020, 1:10 PM

I expect Chad Fairey to have a breakout season. Bo Majowski will be pushing for significant playing time as well. I think that this will be a Super Regional caliber ball team pushing for Omaha!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 1:10 PM

I expect Chad Fairey to have a breakout season. Bo Majowski will be pushing for significant playing time as well. I think that this will be a Super Regional caliber ball team pushing for Omaha!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 1:26 PM

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOT CHECKED IN WITH COOTIN18.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think...

Jan 21, 2020, 1:35 PM

unless this team starts hitting better (in fact, significantly better), we're likely in for another disappointing season. The approach at the plate the last few years has been horrendous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think...

Jan 21, 2020, 2:34 PM

6.5 runs per game is not elite by any means, but it's also not a terrible offense.

Tied for 66 in the country actually.

This includes a lot of smaller programs who score a lot of runs and give up even more in smaller conferences.

We were .2 runs per game behind FSU.

Hitting was not great, but it's not as miserable as most on TNET would have you believe.

Jan 25, 2020, 7:58 PM

I think it’s gonna be a tough year. Yes we have the pitching but that’s assuming they all stay healthy which hasn’t been the case in years past.

C- Hack/French
1B- Sharpe/ Hawkins/ Brewer
2B-Gallo?
3B- Parker?
SS- Hall
LF- Meredith / Cooper
CF- Teo
RF- Bo / Fairly / Henderson
DH- Hawkins/ Sharpe

I hope we stay healthy in position players too bc we don’t have much depth in the field.

SP- Sharpe, Clark, Strider Wkday- Askew, Anglin/ Jones?

Bpen- Weatherly, Raff, Spiers, Jones, Clayton, Gilbert, Lindley

I’m sure Askew & Anglin will come out of the Bpen too

Wonder who will lead the team in HR’s & RBI.
I’m assuming Hall will lead the team in hits Atleast I hope so.

Feb 3, 2020, 7:28 PM

Here is another lineup projection:

Kier LF
Hall 3B
Henderson/Sharpe/Hawkins DH
Hack/French C
Sharpe/Hawkins 1B
Parker SS
Bo RF
Teo CF
Buck 2B

I agree with your pitching, but Carter Raffield will be a key player. Marr transferred to SDSU...could be starting for them. Askew and Anglin will see a lot of time.

Schedule is tough. It'll be interesting to see how pitchers are rotated around during games.

Go Tigers!

Feb 5, 2020, 1:00 AM

I like that line up but from what I’ve watched from the ML and Hall interviews it seems that Hall will be playing SS & Parker @ 3B

Feb 6, 2020, 2:30 AM

Very well could be with Hall & Parker ... from what I've seen, Parker has more arm strength from the hole than Hall. That said, Parker @ 3rd, Hall @ SS and Buck @ 2nd may make up the defensive infield, which is paramount to out success.

We've got to stop just swinging for the fence

Jan 25, 2020, 8:00 PM [ in reply to I think... ]

and get base hits.

Re: We've got to stop just swinging for the fence

Feb 6, 2020, 2:35 AM

agreed. Make contact, utilize speed and win games 5 to 3 ... power will come, but don't press for the long ball.

Feb 6, 2020, 11:24 PM

No Michael Green ,a good hitter will be missed, No JH pitcher , a we will miss too .
Missing these two will hurt ,

Message was edited by: lexington72®

Message was edited by: lexington72®

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic