Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barrett Carter...maybe the best LB recruit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,425

Barrett Carter...maybe the best LB recruit

Dec 19, 2020, 12:04 AM

In the Dabo era. Crazy quick instincts, great hitting ability and just a really smart defensive player. Watch this H.S. coach reaction to this video, especially at 2:05 https://youtu.be/SeR8y94nQs8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barrett Carter...maybe the best LB recruit

Dec 19, 2020, 1:01 AM

I like Coach Hayes. He would be fun to play for.

But, I love Carter and Trotter. These two are both going to be monsters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 1:10 AM

This coach was actually even higher on Trotter. I think that's probably right. His fundamentals are really sound, and since these highlights, he's been personally training with his dad and Dawkins. You don't get better coaching than that in high school. I do think Carter and Trotter the best 1-2 signings of the Dabo era, but for individual players, don't forget Simpson, Steward (he was considered by some the best defensive player in the country in HS), and Lamar. They all came in super highly touted (I think all three got the Butkus award) and did well here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76F7tKoHroM

Dec 19, 2020, 5:25 AM

Tony Steward was the only winner. I didn't know, so I looked it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butkus_Award

Dec 19, 2020, 6:11 AM

Our great recruiting seams to always evolve. Tony S had to deal with health, then we have Simmons that became a star. He was a 2&3* based on ratings. Anthony was great 5* that didn't start until later. Boulware was great up the middle as a 3*. But now we have Bentley stepping up, jones is great but injured. We have a lot of smart guys in LB position but seem we are missing the big studs that we always want. Simpson might be great.

Im not blaming injuries but we seem to miss on top 5* LBs. I think what it means is we get the talented 220lb dudes, but we dont get the 6'3" 245lb guys like Moses, Rakeon Davis, Thibideaux, etc, and I know we cant get all, just seems like with great line we miss on great LBs.

Let's see tomorrow!?!

Carter reminds me a lot of Anthony Simmons, who was

Dec 19, 2020, 8:59 AM

the best LB ever to play at Clemson, in my very humble opinion. Almost a carbon copy in these clips. Same size and build, quickness, explosiveness, and instincts. Could be a great one if it carries over to the college level.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 19, 2020, 9:05 AM

A rolling ball of butcher knives. Trotter and Carter are impact players.

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,425
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic