Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Back in my day...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Back in my day...

Dec 19, 2020, 8:53 AM

I remember my junior year and Arron Kelly dropping a ball through his hands for the go ahead score against Boston College. 2008 I believe. I remember thinking, just one year I want to GO to an ACC championship game and have a shot at a title! Seems like a different world now.

My one key for today’s game: We must be able to get 75-100 yds on the ground with the traditional handoff. Will be better with a healthy QB that can run, but we cannot get that one dimensional again. Set up those 3rd and 3’s and convert. What is one game within a game will you be looking at?

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back in my day...

Dec 19, 2020, 8:58 AM

I’ll be watching our LBs covering their TEs.

Dec 19, 2020, 9:30 AM

Good one. I’m afraid we need Skalski and Jones healthy for 70-80 snaps. Without Venebles I’m not sure I trust our talented but inexperienced freshmen.

Big stat

Dec 19, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Back in my day... ]

Moving the chains. Don’t turn the ball over. Keep your punter on the bench. Don’t turn the ball over. Pressure the QB. Don’t turn the ball over.

Go Tigers. .Big win for the program today. .Dont turn the ball over,

Dec 19, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Back in my day... ]

I’m definitely with you, I can’t wait too see Allen and Galloway come thru big today. Really hoping too see Etienne have and a solid 120 yd 2 td day as well.

On defense having Skalski and Jones back is huge, I know I’m missing one more on defense?

With TL16 back we need to see him hook up with Amari Rodgers for some big gains.

LET’S GO TIGERS!!!!!
BYOG
LEAVE NO DOUBT BABY!!!!!

Ha! BARELY missing out on an ACC Championship makes you sad?

Dec 19, 2020, 9:41 AM

Then picture this:

The fifth game of my junior year, we had to kick a field goal VERY late in the game, in the rain, Homecoming weekend, to beat Weak Florist 16-14. It was our FIRST WIN of the year, and would be our ONLY home win. It would also be only one of TWO WINS we would have the whole year.

At the end of the year, we got crushed in Cootlumbia 56-20. Jeff Grantz, the Veer offense. Now, if you remember the movie WE ARE MARSHALL, it was said you ran the Veer if you didn't have much talent. The Coots DIDN'T have much talent, but they were that much better than us that day. In 1975.

So, there are definitely various degrees of us being bad, in distant and more recent times.

I repeat over and over again like a Mantra, ENJOY THIS RUN, because it won't last forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha! BARELY missing out on an ACC Championship makes you sad?

Dec 19, 2020, 10:02 AM

Oh my. Wonderful thing perspective is. I think back to what I imagine that era was, and even when doing well not having every game televised. My Saturdays would be much more open these days.

Yep, Clemson was not on TV very much back then. And, even

Dec 19, 2020, 10:20 AM

TV itself was not on very much when it came to college football in general, with only three networks in total, and ABC being really the main one that carried much college football. I really wish Keith Jackson could be around for this era of football, he would be downright giddy with happiness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 9:45 AM

Tyler Davis vs the center and guards.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 10:12 AM

ND’s starting center is out, the back up has trouble snapping the ball.

Dec 19, 2020, 10:18 AM

Will Davis get double teamed and create opportunities for DEs and LBs? That’s what I’ll be watching for.

And win the turnover margin!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic