Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BV and I know it sucks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

BV and I know it sucks

Jan 2, 2021, 1:41 PM

I've been here. Two years ago. That sucked. But it's passing and you'll be back next year.

I think BV is one of the top 3 to top 5 DCs in the country. But then after Day insinuated earlier this week, and seeing how bad things went for the defense, maybe there's something to what he said about stealing signals. The d was so out of place so often that several times the announcers discussed how uncharacteristic it was.

Let me say, I'm not a fan of it if he's doing it, but it isn't against the rules. And if it isn't against the rules, it's ok.

Was this a known thing amongst Clemson-nites?

There's several links in the article that are pretty thorough. So did Ohio State throw a wrench in the works by adjusting their calls to not allow BV to adjust the defense?

Hopefully this doesn't come off as coot-ish. Just a genuine question.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/football/ohio-state-football-acutely-aware-of-clemson-stealing-signs

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BV and I know it sucks

Jan 2, 2021, 1:48 PM

And I'm certain BV will sleep well tonight knowing you know it sucks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:21 PM

leftie said:

And I'm certain BV will sleep well tonight knowing you know it sucks.

Him knowing that I know it sucks makes him sleep better? I had no idea I was so important to him! You're welcome Clemson nation.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:39 PM

We lost because we got beat on both LOS. IDK if he steals signs but I doubt it. Usually we just line up and smash people in the mouth with speed and power. It's been well known in CFB that we line up a bit slow and adjust late. I've been SHOCKED that few teams have tried to exploit that and if they did it was only for a series or two.

IMO our biggest issue is we unexpectantly lost some DL talent (Belk) that we needed to help fill the middle and didn't have enough push up front. BF lives and dies by QB pressure and eating up space at the line. He didn't have the horses to do it this year against great OL's. Our best DT was gimpy and we were on our 3rd string MLB.

We'll likely be back next year if we practice this summer....

Jan 7, 2021, 1:10 AM

We lost Belk? I’ve got some bad news about 2020 for you.

Jan 2, 2021, 3:41 PM

the defense definitely looked lost. Actually, I've never seen them quite that lost before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 3:46 PM

Is Saban yanking scholarships from kids a real thing?
Is this a known among the in-breds in Tuscaloosa?
I sure hope this doesn't come off sounding like I root for all-barn.
This is a serous question.

Jan 7, 2021, 12:33 AM

secgrowa said:

1. Yes it is. It makes me sad sometimes, but then look at the championship case and remember who cares, bama is awesome.

2. And it's known by inbreds local and abroad (you knew, see....proof).

3. You didn't sound like an all-barn fan, just the type of Clemson fan that probably started following the team only AFTER they won that championship a few years ago, and that the real fans on this site don't have much tolerance and even less respect for.

Roll tide.

Jan 7, 2021, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: BV and I know it sucks ]

secgrowa said:

1. Yes it is. It makes me sad sometimes, but then look at the championship case and remember who cares, bama is awesome.

3. You didn't sound like an all-barn fan, just the type of Clemson fan that probably started following the team only AFTER they won that championship a few years ago, and that the real fans on this site don't have much tolerance and even less respect for.

Roll tide.

Jan 7, 2021, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: BV and I know it sucks ]

secgrowa said:

Roll tide.

Jan 7, 2021, 1:17 AM

Been quite a few nights where our defenses under Coach Venables were beaten thoroughly .
Been exponentially more where they were not .
I'm gonna side with caution here and say this man needs a raise and a security bonus I'll even go so far as to posit that he is the TOP DC in CFB and there's not a close second .

I doubt he steals signals , seems like it would take away from actual preparation and cause too much disruption in a game plan .
The man is great at what he does

Also , Ryan Day looks like Chuck E. Cheese after a bender .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 7, 2021, 1:26 AM

Don’t know about him stealing signals. Several opponents this year huddled, sent QB to sideline, armbands, etc to avoid this....to no avail. What BV loves is to make the last move in the pre-snap chess game. Credit to Day for planning on this. I think he had pre-planned calls to execute either in tempo, or worse, the wait and then hurry up offense. I think CBV is in his lab as we speak (for those on TNET wondering why he hasn’t addressed their queries). Tigers will have a great team next year and 2022 will be sick.

Jan 7, 2021, 1:27 AM

TigerJS® said:

Don’t know about him stealing signals. Several opponents this year huddled, sent QB to sideline, armbands, etc to avoid this....to no avail. What BV loves is to make the last move in the pre-snap chess game. Credit to Day for planning on this. I think he had pre-planned calls to execute either in tempo, or worse, the wait and then hurry up offense. I think CBV is in his lab as we speak (for those on TNET wondering why he hasn’t addressed their queries). Tigers will have a great team next year and 2022 will be sick.

Have no doubt and I'm sure they'll be ranked top 4 to start the year.

I do think it could be somewhat us trying to get a handle

Jan 7, 2021, 1:35 AM

one what calls we think they are in, based on personnel and formation.

I think the biggest reason for our success the last few years can be attributed to not showing what call we wanted to get into first, and yet late enough that the offense can't make adjustments.

I think what Day did was simple: decide that when they get lined up (fast or not, didn't really matter), that the time they snapped the ball was going to be extremely quick. This wouldn't allow for us to get into anything beyond a base call. This gave them the edge.

Further, a lot of what I saw was misdirection of plays I had seen them run earlier this year. I'm certain Ohio State was building in new plays all season that they ran for the first or 2nd time during the Clemson game, and, ran a lot of misdirection of plays they ran earlier in the season. Hats off to them, the cut backs and misdirection of run plays and crossing plays killed us all night long.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic