Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BTW for ye Amazon Prime folk...questiunne (CSB warning)
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

BTW for ye Amazon Prime folk...questiunne (CSB warning)

Aug 4, 2014, 3:49 PM

Did I miss the memo that Amazon is using USPS for Prime deliveries now?

Was supposed to get a package on Saturday (even though I ordered it on Wed morning), it never showed up so I login to Amazon to discover USPS allegedly made delivery but didn't leave a note or the package. USPS?? The pickup center in my area is only open 9am-5pm M-F when I work.

I will give credit to Amazon that they are sending me a new item through UPS, but they need to stop this nonsense for Prime deliveries, USPS is miserable.

/CSB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure this change is happening because of

Aug 4, 2014, 3:56 PM

Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW for ye Amazon Prime folk...questiunne (CSB warning)

Aug 4, 2014, 3:56 PM

that would be from a third party vendor and not amazons warehouses. I have had this before too, where they said it was covered under the 2 day free prime shipping, but shipping info says USPS and 5-10 days after I ordered.

You just have to check to see if it is being sold directly by amazon, or someone else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting...I always though Prime was direct

Aug 4, 2014, 4:02 PM

I've orded a ton of stuff over the years and I believe this is the first time I have ever gotten it shipped from USPS.

I guess a better question is why the post office won't get with the times and just leave the package at the front door...

mine does; I think it's according to your neighborhood

Aug 4, 2014, 4:08 PM

some places none of them will leave anything; some places they don't worry about it.

My rule of thumb experience is that ---- if you live in an area that you can get pizza delivery, the mail services will not leave your package unguarded. If you live in the boonies, they have no problem with porch delivery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the reminder that I have about a week left

Aug 4, 2014, 4:01 PM

of my free trial that I need to be sure to cancel. I'm not seeing $100 of value in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USPS delivers many UPS packages to me from Amazon.

Aug 4, 2014, 4:09 PM

They've got an arrangement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and other places, you are correct.

Aug 4, 2014, 4:12 PM

I see my UPS package tracker dump off at the post office for regular postal delivery about 90% of the time (Oconee County SC).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW for ye Amazon Prime folk...questiunne (CSB warning)

Aug 4, 2014, 4:26 PM

I'm still waiting on my last Prime package a full week after it was supposed to be delivered. I order a lot of stuff from Amazon though and this is the first issue I can remember having.

You also have to be more careful about which option you chec

Aug 4, 2014, 4:35 PM

they've just started a program where you can get a movie credit for a video not included with prime if you take standard shipping.

I think they just renegotiated their ups contract and ups wanted huge amounts of $ to contunue the service

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Hmm, well this is a problem

Aug 4, 2014, 4:49 PM

Because I don't believe they tell you who is shipping it? Just the number of days it will arrive?

I might just have to quit Amazon at this rate, too bad.

Yep, with smaller packages it is getting pretty normal

Aug 4, 2014, 5:01 PM

for me to see tracking updates that UPS has handed my package over to USPS for delivery.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Lasership used to bring them?***

Aug 4, 2014, 6:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been complaining to Amazon about this for a while

Aug 4, 2014, 9:37 PM

USPS sux.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

show some patriotism and support your letter carrier!

Aug 4, 2014, 9:52 PM

-Hillary '16!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic