Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
B1G10 Votes To Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

B1G10 Votes To Play

Sep 15, 2020, 6:34 PM

Just got a text from my son in Illinois.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: B1G10 Votes To Play

Sep 15, 2020, 6:36 PM

I'll believe it when I hear it from the so called worldwide leader in sports...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 6:39 PM

Yep knew this was coming. Still hate how Kevin Warren and B1G is a s**** circus but best thing for college football.
Bet Dabo starts putting in a few plays every week for prep for Ohio State not including 3 or 4 of the tougher teams on the schedule. Sort of similar to preparing for Alabama two years ago for the Natty. He knows that would be are toughest potential opponent and wants to have a no doubt win this go around...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 6:47 PM

It’s going to be very interesting to see how the “committee” handles all this. Does a 10 and 0 Tiger team play a 6 and 0 Ohio State in the playoffs? What if ND is 9 and 1. Do they get left out? All teams definitely are not going to play the same number of games. No way that can happen unless you extend the regular season into Februaty.

Sep 15, 2020, 8:46 PM

The ACC is playing 11 regular season games and the champ will have played 12 including the championship game.

Sep 15, 2020, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: B1G10 Votes To Play ]

I live just 25 minutes from the B1G Headquarters and haven't heard anything on any of the local tv nor radio stations about them playing as of yet. Personally I don't care what they do. Just hope if they do, they get left out of everything since the idiots couldn't make up their minds. Playing an abbreviated schedule shouldn't get them into the bowls nor playoffs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 6:59 PM

Wisconsin State Journal B10

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: B1G10 Votes To Play ]

I can assure you if they do vote to play it would have been after they got a guarantee from the CFP that their champion, no matter how many games they play, would be in the playoffs.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: B1G10 Votes To Play ]

If they start October 17th They can get 9 games in without a bye week and have their conference championship game on the same date as the SEC. so the big 10 champ will have played 10 games.

Re: B1G10 Votes To Play- seeing and hearing nothing of this

Sep 15, 2020, 6:56 PM

and I'm in Big 10 country

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: B1G10 Votes To Play- seeing and hearing nothing of this

Sep 15, 2020, 7:00 PM

https://www.mywabashvalley.com/sports/sources-big-ten-to-play-football-this-season/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This article is only 20 minutes old..

Sep 15, 2020, 7:18 PM

Doesn't appear to be finalized.

Regardless, it would be joke if they're allowed for playoff consideration if only playing 8 games. Considering a league championship hasn't even been addressed, that's two or three more games where other schools are subjecting players to injury and schedule fatigue that the Big 10 wouldn't have to be concerned with.

They made their bed. They should be forced lie in it. The world shouldn't make any special provisions for them.

Article

Sep 15, 2020, 7:29 PM

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/big-ten/2020/09/15/school-leader-big-ten-football-hold-until-questions-answered/5807795002/

Sep 15, 2020, 7:20 PM

Still waiting for the B10 at the 2016 Fiesta Bowl...

Sep 15, 2020, 7:33 PM

OSU wants to play Clemson in the playoff. I hope they get their wish. Can you imagine the joy of beating them again? Trevor is going to pick them apart like a piece of chicken.

Sep 15, 2020, 9:11 PM

After a full season, Ladson/Ngata will be highly developed, Overton highly motivated, Galloway creating mismatches everywhere and Amari blowing past everyone with power and speed.

Not to mention Travis killing them in open spaces.

I'm sure any team Ohio St puts on the field will be very talented. But with less playing time, and replacing more front line starters, they will have considerably less depth with quality experience.

Of course, if we have to play tOSU with the same secondary we had vs Wake, we might need to score 45 to win.

JK! I know, I know, DK is back.

Sep 15, 2020, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: B1G10 Votes To Play ]

This story at link pretty much sums it up. They have a schedule and outlook to play, but too many talking heads still have their head up somewhere. ..

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/5800530002?__twitter_impression=true

Not so fast....

Sep 15, 2020, 9:23 PM

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/penn-state/big-ten-conference-football-season-presidents-chancellors-no-vote-coronavirus-concerns-20200915.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic