Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
B1G still hasn’t announced playing or not playing as of 5pm..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

B1G still hasn’t announced playing or not playing as of 5pm..

Sep 14, 2020, 6:06 PM

and it’s getting hot up there since many do & many don’t..from fans, players, coaches, parents, administrators, AD’s, Presidents, lawyers & you name it.

Would like to see them play, especially Buckies, so Tigers will have another chance at getting that 5-0 record against them.

How you feel?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BIG still hasn’t announced playing or not playing as of 5pm..

Sep 14, 2020, 6:17 PM

"As the B1G turns" (in best announcer voice

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BIG still hasn’t announced playing or not playing as of 5pm..

Sep 14, 2020, 6:18 PM

Another starter at Ohio State opted out today. The CB who is a projected sure fire first rounder (and the son of the guy who led the parents' protest) opted out to prepare for the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel bad for the players/coaches in the Big 10

Sep 14, 2020, 6:32 PM

I really do feel for them.
I can't stand Meat Chicken(Michigan) and have a healthy respect/admiration for the Buckeyes! And, any of the other kids who have really been grinding getting ready for a football season.

**I wonder if schools like Northwestern, Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana who don't have a snowballs chance in Hades(maybe NW) of challenging for a Big 10 title are saying behind closed doors - "they won't play"! I feel like something like that will get revealed after all this madness is behind us.

What has always been the reason Big 10 gets so much love? The answer: "their viewing footprint"! Big 10 games have high interest in some of America's largest cities! Seems either they have really gained a conscious or something else is a foot.
CVD19 you say - well - maybe! Or maybe they didn't even try to come up with a plan to carry on and work around/live with the virus. Where the other conferences did plan and prepare a plan! The SEC most likely put together a plan "late"!

Harbaugh said, "two weeks" he could have the kids ready! If that's what they all think - they need to do it now or just plan on it being a intramural sport or something this year! Would a 5 game schedule be worth those kids time/energy? Or are they suggesting starting late November and playing through to beginning of March?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They DID ANNOUNCE that they

Sep 14, 2020, 6:29 PM

were IDIOTS though ....

just watching the Circus from the home town of Ringling !!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

As someone said earlier today...

Sep 14, 2020, 6:56 PM

it does not matter what the Big10 presidents vote to do. I think its highly unlikely the Governors in these Big10 blue states like Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania will permit football to resume. Keeping things shutdown is a key component of their political agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And what happens if they vote to play

Sep 14, 2020, 7:33 PM

but one or more teams refuse to take the field?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are fourteen teams in the Big10...

Sep 15, 2020, 7:54 AM

While I don't have any insight, if a handful of the teams aren't permitted to play or choose not to play, I suspect those who do would likely try to proceed.

If teams like Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, Penn State, Illinois, Rutgers, Minnesota, Michigan and Michigan State aren't permitted to play, the remaining five teams (Ohio State, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland, and Nebraska may try to structure a conference only schedule that includes a home and away series or simply play four games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: B1G still hasn’t announced playing or not playing as of 5pm..

Sep 14, 2020, 7:41 PM

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I want Clemson to play the best teams with no one having any excuses. However all teams in the playoffs should play at least 10 games. If the little 10/lame 12 only play 8 games with no Championship that gives them an edge over the teams that are playing now or will start soon. The chances of injuries will be decrease for them. I have no faith in the NCAA putting in any stipulations and they’d probably extend the season for those conferences. If the season were extended then the other teams would also have a leg up on practice time as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: B1G still hasn’t announced playing or not playing as of 5pm..

Sep 14, 2020, 9:23 PM

I dont ever want to see any of those Yankees play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic