Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell

Jan 23, 2017, 9:33 PM

Based on TCI the end is near for Smith but not necessarily the same for Brownell
. If the Tigers don't collapse chances are Brownell will be back. If true this says a ton about our AD and his vision for Clemson basketball. What will become of Clemson basketball ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell

Jan 23, 2017, 9:35 PM

She has to go. The program is not even competitive. Bet the idiots who ran off Jim Davis wish they could rethink that.
For the men, who's your pick? I say Will Wade (VCU), Mark Byington (Georgia Southern) or Earl Grant (Charleston).

Jan 23, 2017, 9:39 PM

Grant has not done much at C of C yet.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:41 PM

Chaka Smart or someone on staff at Duke or some place that has actually WON SOMETHING in basketball.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell ]

He would be the third of those three for sure. Wade is a Clemson guy and would play a fun style. He's a terrific young coach and Byington is going to be big-time.

Jan 24, 2017, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell ]

Really? I suggest you check his record this year and compare it to the dumpster fire he inherited.

Jan 24, 2017, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell ]

Really? I suggest you check his record this year and compare it to the dumpster fire he inherited.

Jan 24, 2017, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell ]

Jan 23, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Audra Smith vs Brad Brownell ]

Why would we bring in anyone associated with Brownell? We weren't goo when Grant was an assistant here.

Jan 23, 2017, 11:14 PM

Grant was a good Recruiter. He had Bryce Johnson but we know how that ended. I think he needs more time at C of C.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:48 PM

Smith needs to go. Meanwhile, her former teammate with has the chickens playing well.

As for Coach B, I hoped and hoped that he would succeed here because I think he would have been that long-term coach to sustain our basketball program. However, it's just not working out. Maybe DRad has a much better vision than many of us who want to get rid of Coach B, but I don't believe any of that right now.

In any case, as an alumnus, I really envy those other schools who have programs, like volleyball, track & field and other non-revenue sports, who are very successful. I'm not even a fan of those sports, but I would certainly be proud if/when our tennis program or women's soccer win national titles.

As for facilities, unless some of our fans, I think the renovations/additions to the new Littlejohn is more than enough to compete.

I went to Cameron Indoor about 10 years ago, and it looked like a high school gym, but we know how they've done.

Anyway, as for basketball, our administration has to get serious with getting a successful program.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:51 PM

I read that, and had a hard time believing that about Brownell. Yeah, if they right the ship and wins a lot more ACC games and at least make the NIT maybe he keeps his job for another season, but if this tailspin continues and another season of no post season, he's got to be shown the door. The excitement toward next season will be at an all time low. The big doners would really complain I hope... I'm hoping that DRad would think this rational if a really good coach would show interest behind closed door, or from pressure from the fans. I would recommend that all fans email DRad and let him know how you feel...

Jan 23, 2017, 9:52 PM

I think money may be the issue with Brad after dropping $63 mill on LJ. I like the guy and have always backed him, but even I must admit I'm starting to lose some faith in this team. Last place in the ACC with JB coming back is unacceptable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The AD is the person responsible for BB's rediculous buyout

Jan 23, 2017, 11:47 PM

To fire him now would be tantamount to admitting that decision was a mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We have made 3 straight horrible women's bball

Jan 23, 2017, 11:52 PM

Hires. McKinney was only average at Rice and that turned into a disaster.

Coleman was only ever an assistant at penn state before Clemson and is now back there as if she never even came to Clemson.

Smith was only average at UAB, very similar to McKinney

Re: We have made 3 straight horrible women's bball

Jan 24, 2017, 12:09 AM

I agree--look at VT and their hire of Kenny Brooks from JMU. They got a proven winner and his VT team--1st sqd.-is playing "lights out" better than Coach Smith's group.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have made 3 straight horrible women's bball

Jan 24, 2017, 7:26 AM

BB's isn't going anywhere so get over it. The AD is going to give him time with the new arena to improve recruiting. That my friends is a FACT!

You may be right. It may take missing the NIT for DRad to

Jan 24, 2017, 8:02 AM

pull the trigger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well technically that's an opinion -- not a fact -- but you

Jan 24, 2017, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: We have made 3 straight horrible women's bball ]

may be spot on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Don't collapse??? What have the last 6 games been??***

Jan 24, 2017, 8:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Since all of those looses accept one (Louisville) were close

Jan 24, 2017, 8:10 AM

ones, it doesn't count as a "collapse".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

7 years in, we shouldn't have to count "moral" victories.

Jan 24, 2017, 8:54 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic