Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts,

Jan 1, 2020, 1:00 PM

Wonder if Venables takes a page out of his book putting more DBs on the field. That means limiting Chad Smith snaps and going with more of a 3(DL)-2(LB)-6(DB) look. Move Muse to more of an LB hybrid position with Skalski and rush 5, and then playing with 6 DBs in the secondary of mostly Terrell, DK, Kvon, Simmons, Turner, with a surprise of Goodrich getting a lot of snaps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what makes us better. We will play with 5 or 6 then

Jan 1, 2020, 1:04 PM

Add Simmons in there and we have a lot of guys that can cover

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what makes us better. We will play with 5 or 6 then

Jan 1, 2020, 1:06 PM

Throw a little Sheridan Jones in there.... loved the pick six he got in the spring game and from what I have seen, he is a beast on special teams.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to This is what makes us better. We will play with 5 or 6 then ]

Simmons likely will be THE guy in this win for the upstate Tigers. He certainly has all the skills and athleticism to force LSU into bad plays. Burrows throws a lot of 50/50 balls and that may not work against Clemson.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:18 PM

Simmons likely will be THE guy in this win for the upstate Tigers. He certainly has all the skills and athleticism to force LSU into bad plays. Burrows throws a lot of 50/50 balls and that may not work against Clemson.

Yep. this might be a huge issue. Burrow has excellent tall WRs who catch anything. If the Clem DBs are that good Joe may have a problem.

Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts,

Jan 1, 2020, 1:16 PM

LSU gained 500+ yds in that game.

When teams tried that later LSU RB and TE ran wild.

When UGA tried that Burrow had all day to throw and picked them apart.

Ask Ohio St how much “yards” count for

Jan 1, 2020, 1:20 PM

Jan 1, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

LSU fans are so annoying. Every time somebody makes a post on a CLEMSON TIGER message board, one of these cocky dweebs come in here and says that we are wrong and LSU is going to dominate.

NEWSFLASH

You know those teams that came close to beating you? You know, like Auburn, Alabama, and Texas? Yeah, we are significantly better than all of them.

The fact that LSU fans think that there is not a chance that we beat them really just shows how dumb their fan base is.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 2:33 PM

None of those teams came close to beating LSU. LSU had 500 yards against a Auburn but struggled in the red zone. Auburn’s D line is much better than Clemson’s this year. Alabama and Texas got a lot of garbage points. Neither of those teams had the ball in the 2nd half with a chance to take the lead. LSU answered every score to maintain a 2 possession lead on both of those games.

Jan 1, 2020, 3:30 PM

I'm glad you corn dog guys like to just come on boards, spit out nonsense that you don't even check...

"Auburn's D-Line is much better than Clemson's this year"

...hmmmmm...let's just go check the opponent adjusted advanced S&P+ D-line stats and see....
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadl/2019

Nope.

Jan 1, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

I think I remember watching the top scoring offense (0-4io State) struggle in the red zone against Clemson last Saturday. Do you recall that?

Oh yea, did your boyfriend give you your handle easy8?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

Jan 1, 2020, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

It’s not a game of yards, it’s a game of points. You will

Jan 1, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

Get yards on our defense, I’m fairly certain. Points? Not so much

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

no one here wants to date you hon

roll on out of here little girl

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 1, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

Hey psybj, what does the bj stand for in your handle?

Jan 1, 2020, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

The question is not will LSU score and get yards, but will the Clemson D limit them to less points than the Clemson O can score.
I think the talent is similar, and I really think coach O is cool. Don’t know enough about LSU to make a completely objective opinion that holds weight.
But I do know that the continuity and quality of the entire Clemson coaching staff, their ability to coach up all the players throughout the year, and their experience in these situations as a complete unit, should not be ignored as much as many are ignoring. It’s one of the reasons Clemson has performed so well against the spread year after year imo.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:57 PM

This is true Auburn and Ga did play a 3-1-7.

Auburn has the best D Tackle in the country D Brown. This allowed them to play to their strength.
Keep in mind Auburn still gave up over 500 yards and Clyde had a big day.

Ga also played a 3-1-7, Georgia entered the SEC Championship ranked fourth in total defense behind playoff locks Ohio State and Clemson and playoff hopeful Utah. They’ve given up the fewest touchdowns (12) in FBS.

However, Against Georgia, Burrow completed 28-of-38 passes for 349 yards, four touchdowns, and no interceptions, averaging 9.2 yards per pass attempt. Two of those touchdowns came in the first quarter as LSU raced out to a 14-0 lead and never looked back.

LSU blocking with 5 and Clemson rushing 3 or 4 gives Burrow more time and opens up the running game for him and Clyde.

Believe me, everything you try the offense has a counter. This is why this offense is in the discussion of the best in college football history.

Jan 1, 2020, 2:13 PM

Ok. And none of those secondaries are as good as Clemson’s. Dont get me wrong, burrow is going to get his yards. But no defense that LSU has played is as good as Clemson’s.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not suggesting rushing 3 or 4. We should rush 5 mostly

Jan 1, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

Muse and Simmons give us a diversity on defense that no other team has. They are both guys that play in the secondary but they are basically LBs. They can be used as either rushers or back in coverage depending on which guys BV want to blitz on a particular play. Muse is not great in 1 on 1 coverage vs a WR 20+ yds down the field, but he's ideal as a zone reading cover guy just 10yds down the field ready to take someone's head off entering his area. I believe our personnel is unique to anyone LSU has played thus far.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

So freaking what.

If you expect this board to either agree with you
about LSWho's offense or be scared, we aren't.

We don't fear your offense. Burrows gonna throw
at least 2 picks in this game. Venables is a master
at disguise of coverage. He fooled Fields & Tua on the
biggest stages..he's gonna
fool Burrows too.

You better worry more about stopping or O. We gonna take your
defense to the woodshed. Mark it down doofus

Jan 1, 2020, 8:21 PM

If I had a dollar for everytime an opposing teams fanbase stated Burrow will throw 2 picks in this game I'd be one rich ####. He "may" throw one pic, but LSU has been great at winning the turnover battle so don't count on it.

Jan 1, 2020, 2:42 PM

I still have nightmares about the West Virginia Orange Bowl. Whatever Venables decides to do should have nothing to do with Kevin Steele.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:11 PM

Great point - I don’t care who awburn is playing with, if Kevin Steele can keep LSU to 23 points in the second half of the season in New Orleans I feel pretty good about BV and Clemson

We'll be mixing it up all the time keeping them guessing.***

Jan 1, 2020, 3:26 PM

Jan 1, 2020, 5:10 PM

I was thinking about this last night. Less of the linebackers except Simmons and situational downs. Play more CB's not safety's and 4 down lineman and tell XT to go get em. Free him up and let him play the role from last year. Also I would play press man with safety's over top. Tell the DB,s to get physical and jam the WR at the line to try to throw off the timing. Let Muse and Simmons play the linebacker/safety position.

I think the more linebackers and safety's we play the match ups favor them.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:17 PM

I would not rush 3 lineman by themselves this game. Always need that 4th or 5th guy/guy's

Jan 1, 2020, 5:29 PM

I’ll say it again. Dropped a punt at the 10. The game should’ve been 30 - 13.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:07 PM

I’ll say it again. Dropped a punt at the 10. The game should’ve been 30 - 13.

Careful there red schtick you are dangerously close to sounding like an Ohio state fan

Jan 1, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Aub's DC Steele played with 7 DBs to hold LSU to 23 pts, ]

Now you can stop the crap because you are making the point that it doesn't matter what the stats are and how the previous 14 games were won, you have to play the game. 18 - 22 year olds (what's Burrow like 26) make mistakes (a dropped punt here, a missed block there) and the good teams will take advantage.

Jan 1, 2020, 7:59 PM

BV and his defense will not need 7 DBs. Though there may be some personnel combinations we haven't seen all year. Terrell and Kendrick will press cover like all year and continue their mastery. Wallace, Simmons, Muse, Turner, Goodrich and possibly Booth and Jones will mix it up in different schemes and looks.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:29 PM

Pick your poison. Double the belitnikoff winner leaves Jefferson and Marshall one on one. Add in Moss at TE and CEH in the backfield to put pressure on your linebackers and safeties. It will be an interesting cat and mouse game between Venables and Brady.

Our DL is too small to do what Auburn did

Jan 1, 2020, 8:07 PM

UGA tried and failed. Auburn has massive, NFL talent DL. Ours are way undersized. Don’t expect BV do try what AU did.

I’d look for a ton of blitz packages from all over.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic