Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC announces moving of basketball tournament to Greensboro
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC announces moving of basketball tournament to Greensboro

Nov 24, 2020, 11:11 AM

ACC announces moving of basketball tournament to Greensboro

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today that the 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament will be held at Greensboro Coliseum Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will old roy let anyone in to watch ?

Nov 24, 2020, 11:24 AM

Smart move changing this to a closed down state with a governor run by the far left democratic party.

Re: Will old roy let anyone in to watch ?

Nov 24, 2020, 12:44 PM

Well, they’re moving it from Washington DC so...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am guessing he will let most everyone in if you

Nov 24, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Will old roy let anyone in to watch ? ]

pet him on the head ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Will old roy let anyone in to watch ?

Nov 24, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Will old roy let anyone in to watch ? ]

You do realize the NC house is 94 R to 76 D right?

If you didn't have the right going off the rails with a Bathroom PATdown, you would likely still have a R governor... but the Republicans didn't follow that concept of limited government very well. Sigh. Now there is a very limited do-nothing Democrat that just got re-elected by doing... not a lot.

Re: TNET: ACC announces moving of basketball tournament to Greensboro

Nov 24, 2020, 11:26 AM

Anything and any excuse to favor UNC and Duke. Swoff can do amazing things for a guy with literALLY NO BACKBONE

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any excuse to keep the Tournament near UNCheat and Dook

Nov 24, 2020, 11:48 AM

There's a shocker !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Any excuse to keep the Tournament near UNCheat and Dook

Nov 24, 2020, 8:20 PM

That had to be the only reason. Yep, that’s it.

Anybody surprised? After all, isn't virtually every ACC....

Nov 24, 2020, 12:00 PM

tournament held in NC??? Once in a blue moon they'll schedule the basketball tournament somewhere else but that's just a token gesture. God forbid we should, for example, ever host the baseball tournament in Greenville - would be way too much favoritism for us!!!!!

Re: TNET: ACC basketball tournament - It is a disgrace

Nov 24, 2020, 1:40 PM

SC has never hosted. I'm talking old days with a small conf and 2 schools as conf members. We'll never get it now and that is fine but what Clemson has tolerated over the years by the ACC is just ridiculous and reflect poorly that we have tolerated it mostly in silence. Hopfully we ar now starting to see a change

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC basketball tournament - It is a disgrace

Nov 24, 2020, 5:51 PM

when is that bast&rd scheduled to retire ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 1:55 PM

One, I am partial... kinda think that the ACC tourney should ONLY be in Greensboro... and covered by Jefferson Pilot etc Shrug... I don't really care if that favors NC State or Wake but I just like going to the Coliseum.

Greenville, SC has an arena that could be used sometime.

Nov 24, 2020, 3:31 PM

but I guess that would favor Clemson too much. Greensboro is fair for everybody I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who has attended multiple ACC Tourneys,

Nov 24, 2020, 3:50 PM

Greensboro is the worst option available. It literally only offers location for the conference officials.

I attended several ACC Tourneys while in the Basketball Pep Band and the Greensboro Coliseum is not a worthwhile option.

Charlotte is where is should always be. It's still centrally located for the conference members(as if that is actually a real concern.) The arena is the heart of town and the location is a great host to the event.

Tampa was another fun environment but is horribly uncentral.

I attended the ACC Tourney in the Georgia Dome and while that was still a good location, it was a truly horrible venue for basketball. It didn't help that this was during Clemson's run of inability to win any sporting event in the City of Atlanta. I attended games against GT, Auburn and Alabama in FB to see loses in that city as well as the aforementioned ACC Tourney.

Greensboro is not an exciting city and the arena isn't in downtown. Just a sad venue to get saddled with.

Re: As someone who has attended multiple ACC Tourneys,

Nov 25, 2020, 8:54 AM

Greensboro is the worst option available. It literally only offers location for the conference officials.

I attended several ACC Tourneys while in the Basketball Pep Band and the Greensboro Coliseum is not a worthwhile option.

Charlotte is where is should always be. It's still centrally located for the conference members(as if that is actually a real concern.) The arena is the heart of town and the location is a great host to the event.

Tampa was another fun environment but is horribly uncentral.

I attended the ACC Tourney in the Georgia Dome and while that was still a good location, it was a truly horrible venue for basketball. It didn't help that this was during Clemson's run of inability to win any sporting event in the City of Atlanta. I attended games against GT, Auburn and Alabama in FB to see loses in that city as well as the aforementioned ACC Tourney.

Greensboro is not an exciting city and the arena isn't in downtown. Just a sad venue to get saddled with.

I could not agree more. I’ve never been to a tourney in Greensboro, but it sure seems underwhelming. Other conferences get to play in Nashville, LA, NY, Chicago, and the ACC continues to push Greensboro for some odd reason. I’m biased, but I was looking forward to this year’s tournament being held in the District and think it’d be a great location for the tournament to be held long term.

Re: As someone who has attended multiple ACC Tourneys,

Nov 25, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to As someone who has attended multiple ACC Tourneys, ]

Agree. It should be at that Charlotte Arena. Great Setting. ACC has grown way past Greensboro and Swofford.

Nov 25, 2020, 8:03 PM

If they can do that why can't they move the ACC Championship football game to Clemson. Clemson has shown great ability to host football games with fans during this pandemic. I suggested this to someone in the ACC office and their reply was well, how would that make the rest of the conference teams feel. And I replied, about like we feel with the basketball tournament being held in Greensboro nearly every year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic