Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Arrival Time/Parking questions for Clemson VS Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Arrival Time/Parking questions for Clemson VS Wake

Nov 15, 2019, 10:38 AM

Good morning Tiger fans! My wife and I are coming into town this Saturday, 11/16, for the Wake Forest game and we have a general parking pass for the Snow Family Outdoor Fitness and Wellness Center. My questions is, since the game is at 3:30, when should we show up to park? We don't plan on doing any tailgating (we live in Atlanta and don't have the supplies) so I don't want to show up too early and wait a long time for the game after wandering around downtown for a bit. I also don't want to show up too late and risk not getting a parking spot.

Is it possible to not be able to park even with a pass? Or will the staff get you a spot regardless?

Thanks all and Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Arrival Time/Parking questions for Clemson VS Wake

Nov 15, 2019, 10:51 AM

If you are electing to show up anywhere close to gametime, watch the game only, and leave town, then you are doing a Clemson football Saturday the wrong way.

I get it, everyone is entitled to their own style, but this is the last home game of the season.

Do yourself a favor. Get there early, "wander around downtown", eat lunch, watch Tiger walk, watch the band march to the stadium, and generally spend the day enjoying where you are.

Finally and either least or most important depending on your perspective, if you show up at the last minute and cause everyone who is already there enjoying the day to have to move all of their tailgate stuff so you can squeeze past them to park, they will all be very unhappy with you.

Nov 15, 2019, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the response! I definitely don't plan on showing up like 30 min before game time. I was thinking maybe getting there at 9-10 AM would be good, but based on what you're saying, maybe 8-9 AM seems a better idea?

Nov 15, 2019, 11:03 AM

9-10 would be perfectly acceptable.

Based off of your initial post, it sounded like you were shooting for the 1:30-2:30 range.

I have seen people show up that close to gametime and I generally feel they are missing out on so much, while also being a major inconvenience to those who park around them.

Well if you do get there between 9 & 10 hopefully I have given you a few good ideas of things to do during the wait for the game.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:01 AM

Sepheriel said:

Good morning Tiger fans! My wife and I are coming into town this Saturday, 11/16, for the Wake Forest game and we have a general parking pass for the Snow Family Outdoor Fitness and Wellness Center. My questions is, since the game is at 3:30, when should we show up to park? We don't plan on doing any tailgating (we live in Atlanta and don't have the supplies) so I don't want to show up too early and wait a long time for the game after wandering around downtown for a bit. I also don't want to show up too late and risk not getting a parking spot.

Is it possible to not be able to park even with a pass? Or will the staff get you a spot regardless?

Sepheriel said:

As a fellow Atlantan I would advise getting a spot in the new spring lot or somewhere on 123 on the Seneca side. They moved us to lot 10 and getting out heading south is next to impossible. Our old lot 3A is easy on and out towards atlanta through Fair play. If you can find one for sale under the ticket section I would highly encourage it.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:27 AM

I actually will be staying at my parents' place Saturday night. They live in Anderson so it shouldn't be that bad I think. I think we'll be taking 123 to 76 S to get back to Anderson, but I'm sure that will depend.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:29 AM

Snow Lot is across the lake from Clemson. I come through Atlanta also and exit at the Fairplay exit (exit #2) and go cross country. There is very little traffic coming and going this way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would use gps and get there 3 hours before gametime

Nov 15, 2019, 11:30 AM

You will have an extra hour to an hour an a half for traffic. That leaves an hour to get to the seats from the parking lot to get you there 30 minutes before kickoff in case you want food or restroom etc.
Most would say that's pushing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic