Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you surprised Babers didn't suspend Taj Harris?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Are you surprised Babers didn't suspend Taj Harris?

Oct 21, 2020, 9:57 AM

Lets be honest, "handling it internally" just means running some extra Wind Sprints. I can see both sides of it. Thoughts?

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2020/10/babers-taj-harris-apologized-to-team-for-obscene-hand-gesture-discipline-will-be-internal.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

No, Babers is classless. This type of behavior

Oct 21, 2020, 10:01 AM

fits his personality perfectly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What did Taj do? Did he stick his finger up a player's

Oct 21, 2020, 10:03 AM

bhole or something?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point. Did Wilkins get suspended for the champ game

Oct 21, 2020, 10:07 AM

For giving the Ohio state player the hootie-hoo?

Let’s be intellectually honest here.

That's not even remotely the same

Oct 21, 2020, 10:09 AM

by comparing the two situations, you are being intellectually dishonest. Hth

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Exactly! Fingers up the butt is worse.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:11 AM

Hfyh!

speak for yourself***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:13 AM

Re: speak for yourself***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I just got an alert on my phone.***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to speak for yourself*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yeah sure, ok. I'm not going to continue having this

Oct 21, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Exactly! Fingers up the butt is worse. ]

conversation now that it's obvious you don't understand the intricacies of the game of football. Good day sir.

I bet you enjoy the TU's on here.***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Exactly! Fingers up the butt is worse. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, Babers is classless. This type of behavior

Oct 21, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to No, Babers is classless. This type of behavior ]

I've been reading all your Babers posts and I'm 99% convinced your posts about classless Dino is just some inside joke or motivational thing you do (ex. rat poison,etc.). I hope so. Lol.

He's turning out to be not that great a football coach, but he is 100% class. ONE HUNDRED

100% < 110%

Oct 21, 2020, 3:26 PM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: 100% < 110%

Oct 21, 2020, 3:29 PM

haha. got it.

Oct 21, 2020, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: No, Babers is classless. This type of behavior ]

You’ve been around long enough to understand this board...it’s even stranger now than you probably remember. Dino is alright in my book.

Also, sorry (not sorry) for what’s about to happen to your team Saturday. I feel a good one coming on. Who do you think your next coach will be?

Glad you came back...

Oct 22, 2020, 9:48 AM

I think Dino might turn it around. Remember, if he can consistently get us to 6-6 we're ok with that. I know much different expectation than yall have. lol.

Oct 21, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: No, Babers is classless. This type of behavior ]

That’s babar with two bee’s. Not right next to each other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t thing that warrants a suspension IMO

Oct 21, 2020, 10:05 AM

Fighting, or some dirty play, etc maybe. But come on. The bird? Impulsive and silly, but good grief. I think wind sprints and stadium stairs are the right response to that.

Re: Are you surprised Babers didn't suspend Taj Harris?

Oct 21, 2020, 10:12 AM

I think the proper punishment would be that he can't eat the team meals or get the "protein shakes", he has to eat ham sammich and chicken noodle soup for 2 weeks. That will teach him!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 10:19 AM

The dude is listed at 6'2" and 165 pounds on their depth chart.

Let's be honest, he's already been skipping the team meals and protein shakes.

Oct 21, 2020, 2:20 PM

TigersO said:

The dude is listed at 6'2" and 165 pounds on their depth chart.

Let's be honest, he's already been skipping the team meals and protein shakes.

That is true, but still funny as heck!

Oct 21, 2020, 10:26 AM

No, I don't. Maybe it is wind sprints, but it should be handled internally. Though it was classless it does not warrant to be suspended for a game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 10:33 AM

He doesn’t have enough players Remaining on team to suspend anyone

Oct 21, 2020, 11:13 AM

Listen to this man.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you surprised Babers didn't suspend Taj Harris? ]

This!! haha

About the only thing that would surprise me these days is

Oct 21, 2020, 10:34 AM

if monkeys suddenly came flying out of my buttocks. As far as coaches coddling entitled kids, nothing surprises anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think you’re disappointed? How do you think Harris feels?

Oct 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

I’m sure he thought that would be enough to get him out of the Clemson game.

null

If he was throwing up a single Flying Fickle Finger of Fate

Oct 21, 2020, 11:07 AM

over THAT beating, he will almost certainly throw up a double barreled salute over the one we are going to administer to his shriveled Oranges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

honestly...who cares. Not that big of a deal... supension

Oct 21, 2020, 11:04 AM

would only be to satisfy the whiners that call the front office and complain about every little thing. We give in to those voices way to much as it is. Handle it internally. Run him until he hates you and then make him clean the bathrooms or something.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:42 AM

His punishment is to be a crossing route over the middle in Skalski territory...3 straight plays...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:21 PM

TwoNats® said:

His punishment is to be a crossing route over the middle in Skalski territory...3 straight plays...

Or Spector's, he hits light a heavyweight!

Oct 21, 2020, 12:45 PM

jtiger1® said:

Actually you have no clue to the extent of the internal punishment. You also don’t know if this was the first bit of trouble or the 20th infraction so there is no way to know if the punishment is fitting without this info

Meh. He's a kid who was getting demolished by Liberty!

Oct 21, 2020, 1:08 PM

Emotions were obviously present. It was a teachable moment. Remember Booth's boneheaded reaction last year? Hopefully, Babers took a page out of Dabo's coaching manual like taking the bus home from Louisville.

Suspended for flipping the bird? My God you people are soft.

Oct 21, 2020, 1:37 PM

Who cares? His punishment should be "Come on man, there are children watching. Now go wash up for dinner." The end.

Oct 21, 2020, 1:51 PM

I think they should make him take the bus instead of the plane to Clemson for the game. Give him time to think about it. Seems like we might have done that with one of our guys last year ;)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 1:55 PM

No. If he had won 9 games the past two years he would have suspended the guy. But, Dino is fighting for his job. He thinks if he suspends the guy he will hurt his chances of winning the games for which he is suspended.

And, unfortunately, when you fight for your job you often lose focus on important things, like discipline.

Oct 21, 2020, 2:26 PM

bretfsu® said:

No. If he had won 9 games the past two years he would have suspended the guy. But, Dino is fighting for his job. He thinks if he suspends the guy he will hurt his chances of winning the games for which he is suspended.

And, unfortunately, when you fight for your job you often lose focus on important things, like discipline.

Bret, he has as much of a chance in this game as Custer did at the LBH, as a hot dog in front of Joey Chestnut, as Hades freezing over and Dolly Parton's Bra size being 34-C!

Oct 21, 2020, 3:54 PM

I agree. He could have suspended him for 1 game. Probably would have zero impact on the score. But, coaches under pressure are far more likely to look the other way when it comes to discipline. Suspend the kid and he may get mad and affect his play next week and the week after and the week after....

Oct 21, 2020, 3:33 PM

It was some juvenile stuff...Personally, I would have given him a private reprimand, followed by an "instructional moment" with the entire squad... And would have had him meet the sideline reporter before our game and had him apologize to everyone who saw his action... Signed, Gen. Patton, U.S. Army...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 3:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe they did anything at all. That's just

Oct 21, 2020, 3:38 PM

a typical NY greeting.

Oct 21, 2020, 9:18 PM

Here's what discipline is. My senior year in HS while we were in camp one of my team mates slipped out one night for a cig and got caught by the head coach. The next morning before practice the head guy brought him in front of the team. He gave him a choice, you can walk away or if you want to stay on the team you have pay the price. He said I want to be on the team. We started practicing at 8 AM sharp. Coach told him to start running around the perimeter of the field when the first whistle was blown. Coach assigned a trainer to make sure he ran as instructed. He ran and ran, fell and got up, puked and ran some more. Every time he fell coaches would run over and give him what for, screaming do you want a smoke now. We finished at 11:30, the guy was exhausted beyond belief. He some how survived the ordeal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suspending him probably hurts us worse

Oct 21, 2020, 9:25 PM

He’s good practice for Alabama.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic