Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we at Clemson guilty of Virtue signaling?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Are we at Clemson guilty of Virtue signaling?

Sep 11, 2019, 3:52 PM

I mean, we are so worried about Fraternity cussing, rolling out the red carpet to opposing fan bases, not even daring to accuse the 30th player on the defense to go down with cramps of trying to slow down the game......I mean come the #### on people. You can do all of the above without wearing a T shirt saying you don’t, or can you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know what virtue signaling is.

Sep 11, 2019, 3:59 PM

Is this some kind of made up term to make people feel bad about being male Conservatives etc?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this what's meant?

Sep 11, 2019, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t know what virtue signaling is.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to I don’t know what virtue signaling is. ]

It’s actually what Conservatives accuse liberals of doing. The term describes people who don’t just do the right thing, they do the right thing and post it on Facebook, wear the T-shirt or bandana and try to make others feel like less of a fan, citizen etc for doing it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m confused. Carry on then***

Sep 11, 2019, 4:04 PM

Confusion is normal during the

Sep 11, 2019, 4:07 PM

Unraveling...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m confused. Carry on then***

Sep 11, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to I’m confused. Carry on then*** ]

I don't unnerstand a word he said. Is he for or agen' it? And, what is he for or agenst? I don't know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 4:15 PM

I’m not for or against anything you are free to do as you wish, but every other thread is someone getting on our fan base or students for something that ain’t Clemson or classy enough for someone else. Getting a little out of hand

Sep 11, 2019, 7:31 PM

Do I have to wish it to do it?

Re: I don’t know what virtue signaling is.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I don’t know what virtue signaling is. ]

it's one of those new terms to indicate that the non-action you are taking offends someone else.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

great football topic***

Sep 11, 2019, 4:17 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Are we at Clemson guilty of Virtue signaling?

Sep 11, 2019, 4:17 PM

Yes, we are an existential threat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 4:23 PM

I default to the way I was reared, "A Clemson Man needs no introduction." I don't BOO, I don't curse, except in the C L E M Cadence cheer, which is the way it has been for 60 years. Students will be Students, but with luck, they will grow up and mature out of the phase where they feel the need to show their ###. That being said, I'm glad they're there, glad they are loud and stay for the game. In the grand scheme of things, I understand the flopping tactic for what it is and know it will have no bearing on the outcome. I hate it, but it is what it is. I absolutely despise, however, allowing any opponent a gratuitous or complimentary TD as we allow our pups to get experience. Again, I understand the purpose of letting them gain experience, but BOY does that chap my hide. I left pissed off on Saturday.

Sep 11, 2019, 6:18 PM

I have to ask, " that chap my hide. I left pissed off on Saturday. ", ironically or literally ?

If literally , I feel sorry for you and wonder if a 21 point win feels like a loss to you.

If ironically, so sorry carry on.

Fill in the blank from this Dabo Swinney quote

Sep 11, 2019, 4:33 PM

_______ is the standard.

Virtuosity isn't a bad thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Fill in the blank from this Dabo Swinney quote

Sep 11, 2019, 4:40 PM

Well he didn’t say “Self Righteousness” did he? I don’t remember that either. Kids curse, it’s what they do in college. I sat my sweating #### in the stands that entire game and don’t remember the first boo for guys cramping. One was cramping however when a bad call on Lawrence was made and that caused some booing. I choose not to sit next to the students because I’m in my 40’s and I know they are going to get rowdy. I seriously wouldn’t have known there was a problem with any of this if I had not come on Tnet to hear it all pointed out. TD me all you would like to because it obviously makes a person like you feel better!

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

Sep 11, 2019, 5:59 PM

###!?

Sep 11, 2019, 6:09 PM

Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like to disagree to agree....

Sep 11, 2019, 7:25 PM

I don’t want to agree with a jack ### about anything

You are conflating two different things...

Sep 11, 2019, 7:03 PM

...virtue signaling is phoniness; Hollywood libs flying in Private jets across the world to tell everyone to get out of their cars.

The items you list are basic politeness, which there is nothing wrong with in my mind.

Im sick of PC crap too, but not cussing in front of children is not PC, its just good manners.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are conflating two different things...

Sep 11, 2019, 7:07 PM

If you sit your child in the student section don’t be surprised if they learn about more than cursing. My point isn’t about cursing, my point is that this isn’t happening, or at least to the extent that some virtue signaling non game attending posters are making it out to be. If I read the Tnets and didn’t go to games I would be under the impression f bombs and booing were all that happened Saturday when neither happened at all or if they did it was an isolated event. Get it now?

Sep 11, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to You are conflating two different things... ]

ON the topic at hand.....Poor ole Aggie fans drag around a wholesome good guy image, loving on
everyone, saying yes sir and pardon me and and being afraid to cuss us over a bad call that went our way because they'll spoil their own image.

And LOTS of Clemson fans are just in love with our own view that we are the good guys, doing it right, never saying a cuss word, apologizing 27 times because some one in orange shouted out "FAKE INJURY, GIT UP YOU BUM".

I like it a bit better when everyone is honest about wanting to kick the other guys butt and shouting it out loud, writing it down and being darn proud of it. You know, like we do when we're playing the Gamecocks or UNC.

If we had a real rivalry with TAMU we'd laugh in their faces about a dog named Reville, the effeminate choreographed yell leader thing and the fact that Texas owns'em. We'd ask'em why the ran away from Texas and Oklahoma to join up with SC and Vandy. We'd tell'em we have never paid much attention to any other school's band and don't intend to pay attention to theirs either.

Maybe we'll have a rivalry with TAMU one day. They will have to grow into it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 PM

I thought the aTm Love bombing was bad until I saw a days worth of virtue post calling out our own over things that either didn’t happen or the goings on in the student section. Some of these things are just outright lies. There was no booing of injured players and this is slanderous to our fan base! All for a couple of TU’s on a message board.

Sep 11, 2019, 7:57 PM

I have no idea what "virtue signaling" is but I do understand the meaning of civility, respect, common sense, character, hospitality and those attributes that define Clemson. What one does or says in their own privacy is there own business but when one does not commit to public decency, they infringe on the rights of others.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic