Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone you know flying to Reno today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Anyone you know flying to Reno today?

Jan 6, 2019, 5:01 PM

I recommended on here that no one do that. Well here is the statement from the National Weather Service:

I-80 is closed in both directions from Colfax to the state line due to spin outs and zero visibility. Snow is going to continue into the overnight. Get the latest road conditions at: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ #CAwx

Colfax is in the foothills on the western side of the Sierras - the state line is east. In short - you cannot get over the mountains right now. This was entirely predictable and a really poor idea. Someone recommended flights to Reno, I disagreed but was told how it was saving some $$$. I'll chalk it up to inexperience with conditions in the western mountains. It is one hell of a long drive to go all the way around the Sierras.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had some friends who had a great time skiing near Reno

Jan 6, 2019, 5:09 PM

But they left for Santa Clara Friday and a cut a day off their skiing.

Re: Anyone you know flying to Reno today?

Jan 6, 2019, 5:12 PM

A couple of friends of mine were flying to Reno this morning. I don’t know the particulars (flights, etc) but it’s going to suck if they don’t make it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 5:12 PM

We had to catch a flight out of Reno to Oakland this morning because we couldn’t drive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Donner Pass sounds delicious right now***

Jan 6, 2019, 5:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 5:16 PM

Saw a Facebook post form an old classmate on mine. She flew into Reno this am and posted she was getting chains for the car, later post this after noon shows her on the road with lots of snow and the comment that they think they will get there by kickoff tomorrow but don't think they will gt back to Reno for a 6 am flight on Tuesday. Have no idea what route she is taking but imagine it s stressful.

Google Maps now recommends NV-88

Jan 6, 2019, 5:36 PM

Adds a few hours but hopefully avoids the snow roadblocks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic