Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone here have any experience with ENO's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Anyone here have any experience with ENO's?

Aug 11, 2015, 4:20 PM

I will be camping this wekend and while I am an experienced camper, this will be my first time sleeping in an ENO. Any suggestions/recommendations?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You mean like Big and Little Enos? Smokey and the Bandit

Aug 11, 2015, 4:21 PM

style???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful and avoid...

Aug 11, 2015, 4:22 PM

Brokeback Mountain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be careful and avoid...

Aug 11, 2015, 4:23 PM

Or Deliverance.

You scared he's goin' see you?***

Aug 11, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Be careful and avoid... ]

null

Re: Anyone here have any experience with ENO's?

Aug 11, 2015, 4:22 PM

Drape mosquito netting over you. Other than that, only suggestion is don't fall out.

Aug 11, 2015, 4:27 PM

Bring a sleeping pad and extra straps as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I go camping, I prefer sleeping in a

Aug 11, 2015, 4:30 PM

Marriott instead, but to each his own I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You sure know how to camp on a budget.

Aug 11, 2015, 4:32 PM

Do you and bob split the room cost?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not go camping with bob***

Aug 11, 2015, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^Calls what he does with bob

Aug 11, 2015, 4:35 PM

something else!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

The term I use is

Aug 11, 2015, 4:37 PM

midget bowling

totally

Aug 11, 2015, 4:38 PM

believable!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

idk, gwp. here we are only a few short weeks till Go Time

Aug 11, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to When I go camping, I prefer sleeping in a ]

and we're still dealing with rookies.

go marriot, ritz or don't go at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, I almost feel bad for all these poors

Aug 11, 2015, 4:51 PM

almost

yeah, i got that feeling round christmas one time...

Aug 11, 2015, 4:54 PM

but i got over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Aug 11, 2015, 4:42 PM

I have a single person eno. I took it on a three day hike on the AT. It worked well. Since it was in February I didn't have trouble with mosquitos so above comment may be valid. There was never any risk of falling out. I used my 1" thermarest inside it to give some cushion. My only recommendation beyond that is to get that thing as tight as possible before you go to sleep. Laying in it for 6+ hrs lead to some stretching. The first night I had to re-adjust it in the middle of the night, but after that I made sure right before bed it was as tight as possible and didn't have any trouble the rest of the trip.

hth

Go Tigers

I have a Thermarest NeoAir XLite ....

Aug 11, 2015, 4:51 PM

and it's awesome. It's nearly 3 inches thick but it fits into to bag about the zize of a Nalgene. o

It does have two down sides; 1) the price and 2) it crinkles like a bag of potato chips when you roll over on it. If you lay fairly still whlie you sleep, it's not a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yep

Aug 11, 2015, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Yep ]

If your straps are stretching you need different straps to hang your hammock.

Get the ENO Atlas Straps and NOT the ENO Slap Straps. The Slap Straps are nylon and will stretch over time and you may find you butt touching the ground by morning. Atlas Straps are polyester with no real appreciable stretch. Both look and function the same with loops to allow you to adjust the hang of the hammock. Do not use paracord or other rope to hang the hammock as it can cut into the trees and I have seen paracord fail since knotting will reduce its strength.

It does take some playing to get the proper hang for you, but you do want some sag as you should lay at a slight angle which makes a flatter lay instead of banana shaped. If it is too tight you may find the hammock too tight at the shoulders.

You may need a bug net and definitely some kind of tarp for rain protection.

Aug 11, 2015, 4:42 PM

You'll be burning up and your back will hurt when you wake up at 4:30 after the booze wears off.

Funny thing about that is

Aug 11, 2015, 4:50 PM

I told Mrs Confessed Coot that same thing a several months ago...

Aug 11, 2015, 4:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyDb4szpWmc

yes, did brian give hims prior consent?

it's important

Make sure to have someone there to help stretch out your

Aug 11, 2015, 5:00 PM

back tomorrow. Especially if you're at all tall. It's gonna hurt

ROH

Aug 11, 2015, 5:02 PM

If you roll a lot an ENO is not for you. I have one and I use it for lounging and short naps on camping trips. I just can't sleep for 6 or more hours in my ENO. I will often try to switch to my stomach in the middle of the night and then i realize I'm in a hammock. Also make sure you have a tarp or rain fly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Asking for advice on Tnet is like...

Aug 11, 2015, 5:14 PM

...washing blood off of your hand in the piranha fish bowl.

Yep, got the blood off. Those finger bones sure are white.

My buddy Bill Weir did some on El Capitan, portaledge-style

Aug 11, 2015, 5:15 PM

At 400 feet. The video is nuts.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/extreme-camp-bill-weir-climbs-mountain-el-capitan-14220329

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2015, 5:23 PM

You can find a stone and place it in the attatched storage bag and drape it over to cover from mosquitoes. Also, a tarp over top is nice just in case of rain. My son sleeps in ours when we go camping and he likes it. He is 13 though and could sleep on a rock, and get up rested.

Aug 11, 2015, 5:34 PM

Love my ENO. Common rookie mistake: hanging it too high. Makes it difficult to get out of in the AM. Also hanging it too loose. Add a ratchet strap to your system. If positioned properly you can adjust without ever getting out of the rig.
Be prepared when temps fall, even a little bit. Cool air all the way around can put a chill in u.
I use mine for motorcycle camping

Be careful - you might look like Bear Rotisserie all nicely

Aug 11, 2015, 9:16 PM

bundled up and just hanging there. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic