Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else wince with the 5 bomb or fear the thumb comments?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Anyone else wince with the 5 bomb or fear the thumb comments?

Nov 22, 2018, 5:02 PM

For me, its a coot thing, not a Clemson thing. And its a coot thing that was done by a fanbase that had no history of winning. It makes sense they wouldn't know how to handle themselves. But Clemson fans should know better.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't know or care we were going for 5 if not for the posts. What I know is that Clemson is light years beyond the coots, and I only care about that this week because they are next on the schedule.

For me, Clemson's success is defined by a clean, well run program that is competitive. Our competitive success is more marked by how we stack up to Alabama than it is S Car. So no thumbs or five bombs here, just happy to see another Tiger victory over SCar on our way to bigger and better things.

Cheers y'all, Happy Thanksgiving!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Anyone else wince with the 5 bomb or fear the thumb comments?

Nov 22, 2018, 5:09 PM

Well said soywaker!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Act like we’ve been there before.

Nov 22, 2018, 5:21 PM

Because we have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yep we did it in the 30s, but I wasn't alive then***

Nov 22, 2018, 6:00 PM

Nope. Eff 'em.***

Nov 22, 2018, 5:31 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2018, 5:34 PM

I think it will hurt them more if they don't hear from us about the 5 peat. just act like its no big deal if you wanna rub it in mention 70-42-4

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how is your daughter?***

Nov 22, 2018, 5:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's doing great! It is the happiest of Thanksgivings to be sure!!

Nov 22, 2018, 6:56 PM

Hope the same for you and yours :)

null

Re: She's doing great! It is the happiest of Thanksgivings to be sure!!

Nov 22, 2018, 7:15 PM

So happy for you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

absolutely wonderful to hear!

Nov 22, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to She's doing great! It is the happiest of Thanksgivings to be sure!! ]

Glory to God

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She's doing great! It is the happiest of Thanksgivings to be sure!!

Nov 22, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to She's doing great! It is the happiest of Thanksgivings to be sure!! ]

So happy for your family. It made me smile to see you posting again.

It actually feels trivial, but I'm trying to move back to normalcy.

Nov 22, 2018, 10:28 PM

So posting about Clemson football seemed a good place to start ??

null

Re: It actually feels trivial, but I'm trying to move back to normalcy.

Nov 23, 2018, 12:09 PM

A very apt description of Tnet, it's normally trivial. ; )

Re: how is your daughter?***

Nov 23, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to how is your daughter?*** ]

I was thrilled when I saw that you are posting again and then to hear that your beautiful daughter is doing so well. God is truly great and answers prayers. I know this was indeed a blessed Thanksgiving for your family.

Nov 22, 2018, 5:52 PM

I just winced when I saw this thread!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biggest game of the year. I'm looking forward to the thumb.***

Nov 22, 2018, 5:59 PM

Re: Biggest game of the year. I'm looking forward to the thumb.***

Nov 22, 2018, 7:04 PM

Thumb is great. Adding the middle finger next year would be even better!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2018, 6:24 PM

Exactly. I remember when the shamecock fans would say “fear the thumb” or five bomb us, all the clemson fans would say how stupid that was and how trashy it is.

But now clemson fans are saying and doing the exact same things they complained about five years ago. Drives me crazy. You will never catch me doing that idiotic coot crap.

Well said my friend.

Nov 22, 2018, 6:27 PM

I'm glad you brought this topic up because I have felt some mixed emotions over this game too. Not a "fear" thing----but WE have long since past "gimmicks and shenanigans" so our entire thought process is light years ahead and above "regular" teams ways of "preparing & thinking". Our eyes are on the PRIZE---#1 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! PERIOD!!!! And nothing less!!! So to US, it's just whoever is next on the list. It's not about "Them" it's about CLEMSON and our TEAM TRAINING, PREPARING,STUDYING, & EXECUTING OUR PLAYS TO LASAR PERFECTION AND BEING EXACTLY WHERE EACH TEAM MEMBER IS SUPPOSED TO BE---HAVING EACH OTHER'S BACK!!!

Yes, I get the whole "thumb thing" and many of my extended family are gamecock fans so I have heard enough junk talk many years past now:<) But, this ain't going backwards anymore! I hope a few of you don't turn you nose up at me mentioning our God right here, but God has used some of the classiest, most honorable, gifted, humble, Christian men and women to build a true DYNASTY!! And it's built on bedrock not sand. God has given us a new mind set for greatness and these men and women(hey everyone is a part of the Team, trainers, chefs, medical, etc...) live it.

So to thumb or not to thumb.... Ladies and Gentlemen, what you are about to witness is going all the way up to the shoulder Saturday night!!!! We are passing the thumb in the first quarter.

To my gamecock family....sorry about thIs Saturday night. Our mind and focus have us playing to perfection AND IT'S JUST THE WAY WE PURSUE OUR TRUE GOAL.

I wince a bit because we have not done it yet. But everyone

Nov 22, 2018, 6:39 PM

seems to think that it is a given. I hope the players don't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Doesn't mean much.

Nov 22, 2018, 7:19 PM

Because we're not stopping at 5.

Fear the pinky toes.

No sir I don't. I'm glad that it is going to silence them.

Nov 22, 2018, 7:50 PM

From ever bringing up their "5 in a row" years EVER AGAIN! That is what I'm celebrating!

Clemson fans shouldn't be satifised with a paltry five in a

Nov 22, 2018, 8:29 PM

row.

Should be waiting for a minimum of ten.

Maybe I am not as classy as some of you, but to me U5C

Nov 23, 2018, 8:33 AM

has earned the ?? bomb. I am not going out of my way to take pictures with their players or coaches, but I am definitely reminding them of it every chance I get.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comments and talk are ok with me, but...

Nov 23, 2018, 12:18 PM

I don't want to see T-shirts and bumper stickers like they did. That will definitely make me cringe a little

Message was edited by: TigerOmally®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic