Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think we're a terrible match-up for BC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Anyone else think we're a terrible match-up for BC?

Nov 5, 2018, 1:05 PM

our Defense is a nightmare for a team with an offense built on the Power Run. If you line up with 2 TEs in the I-formation we're pushing you backwards. Also, their leading Receiver is a Tight End if i recall. Thoughts? Comments?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

The only thing they might have going for them

Nov 5, 2018, 1:08 PM

Is that our LB’s haven’t been spectacular in coverage, although I think they’ve improved significantly since A&M. But if you’re going to have to rely on play action and hope to hit TE’s and not have explosive plays, it’s going to be a long day.

If you’re a one dimensional offense going up against BV’s defense this year I think you want to be a passing offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else think we're a terrible match-up for BC?

Nov 5, 2018, 3:57 PM

It’ll be a long day for a team that only passed once during a game they won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 1:24 PM

Aren't they ranked 17th in the country? They must be doing something right. Usually play us tough, and they typically play a tough, physical brand of football. Not a game to take lightly.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:24 PM

Not taking them lightly at all. The statement was "terrible match-up". I would have phrased it advantageous match-up. We have proven we can stop Dillon previously we just had trouble scoring until the end of the game. We match-up very well defensively and offensively. We normally tire them out because they are not as deep. This year we are not just two deep we are too deep and it bodes well for Clemson.

Go Tigers

Thanks for the Zero insight Coot

Nov 5, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else think we're a terrible match-up for BC? ]

i swear they can't put their jealousy aside for ANYTHING

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

they're probably saying the same about their defense being

Nov 5, 2018, 1:22 PM

top 3 in the nation in interceptions and we're bring a freshman qb during a cold front weekend. No game is ever a gimme. Go out and get your job done is what TigerNation wants to see. Can you tell i hate talking junk before a game. Something in me just can't do it with any sanity. Guess thats why i'd never make it as a coot fan.

Re: they're probably saying the same about their defense being

Nov 5, 2018, 1:28 PM

Talking junk only gives your opponent ammunition. To me they are the New England Patriots. Going out on a limb, I say we win, if we bring our game with us. Plus, we have the best QB in college football.

Not talking junk at all. I know how things go up there. Just

Nov 5, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to they're probably saying the same about their defense being ]

asking what everyone thinks about their offense vs our Defense. I dont think it will end well for them. Just my opinion though

Best Is The Standard

Nov 5, 2018, 1:23 PM

They might have some success early-on with their TE's but BV will make the necessary adjustments and I think it'll turn their offense one dimensional (running), which isn't sustainable against our defense.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:23 PM

Only thing that bothers me slightly (besides night game and cold temps) is their trick plays. I believe it was the Miami game where they ran an end around pass back to the quarterback. I am sure Coach V will have the defense alert for this. Just hoping we can jump on them early and break their spirit.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:26 PM

WE ARE A TERRIBLE MATCHUP FOR MOST TEAMS OUT THERE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:09 PM

Clemson is way too explosive all around for BC. Coach Adazio is doing a nice job. But Coach Swinney is doing a better job. BC'S offense is okay. Clemson's offense is great. BC's defense is good. Clemson's defense is great. Special teams? Not sure. Anyone up on BC's special units? Clemson's are average, though Potter and Rodgers show promise. Weather, crowd, noise? Please. Clemson has won games at Lewisville, Awburn, NC Snake, FSPU, Myamy, TAMU, Usuck, to mention some of the tougher ones. Don't see Chestnut Hill being as/any more difficult.

Nov 5, 2018, 3:27 PM

I am curious about the cold but then again, we play in cold weather too... ACC title games in Charlotte are often chilly.

My guess is that it will be a surprisingly run heavy game for both teams... as BC is not all that great against the run. To stop us, they have to load it in and TL will pick that apart. They are about as good as Ga Southern against the run.

They need an All-World QB to beat Clemson

Nov 5, 2018, 1:59 PM

They don't have that this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, a pro style offense that can throw to TE's gives

Nov 5, 2018, 3:42 PM

BV more trouble than any other. Like Pitt, for example.

Our LB's usually don't cover TE's that well.

But, I don't think BC's OL is quite as good as usual. There are some garbage defenses in the ACC that they aren't blowing off the ball.

Preventing coverage busts will be important Sat night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 3:43 PM

I actually hate the annual match up w BC...they are always physical in the trenches. Like coach V said, expect a bloody nose. They are the definition of a power run team and they are aggravating as a gnat on a dog’s peenus! They do just enough to move the chains...taking air outta the ball and time off the clock. They slow the game like a four corners offense, and leave your offense on the sideline! They always field above average OL and TEs....and IMO those two things give our Tigers D fits. Many seem to forget this one has been a dogfight more often than not, and we have snuck out of Chestnut Hill by the skin of our teeth vs. less dangerous BC teams

Nov 5, 2018, 4:35 PM

Went back and watched the BC/VTech game from this weekend. VTech made so many horrible mistakes they gave the win to BC.

In my opinion this will be very much like Florida State. Good defense, marginal offense. Brown is not a very accurate passer and he is listed at 6'1" 210 but he looks thin. Maybe 200 or less so this could be a bad beating like Blackmon was for FL State last year. But he can run the ball.

Special teams is atrocious.

Our D will be in the backfield all night sacking or hurrying brown so I don't see much of a passing game outside of drags across the middle and TE passes. Dillon is a good running back but not against the Clemson Defense.

I think it's a 42-14 kind of game.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic