Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else like reading STS?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Anyone else like reading STS?

Apr 24, 2015, 1:00 PM

because I sure don't! Whole lot of bashing going on over there sometimes. Makes me appreciate Tigernet and all those who contribute to this site.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else like reading STS?

Apr 24, 2015, 1:02 PM

What did they do now? I think its funny how much they adamantly hate on the 5 hearts.

Apr 24, 2015, 1:37 PM

Yea that's mostly it. Everyday it seems like any post has to find a way to bash the "5" Hearts or whatever. Plus their writing style just screams inflated ego. I just cant read them. I don t mind critique but what they do is over the top. Tigernet is the best to me.

Apr 24, 2015, 1:32 PM

They are a group with over inflated egos they think they are the smartest Clemson fans to grace gods green earth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

LBU reads about STD's all the time

Apr 24, 2015, 1:34 PM

she has to keep informed b/c of the new rashes

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

They have been neutered lately

Apr 24, 2015, 1:53 PM

but I still read it to see a different perspective. Quacking Tiger thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: They have been neutered lately

Apr 24, 2015, 1:56 PM

yep that moron used to try and post over here a good bit.

After being shown how full of #### he was multiple times he disappeared.

null

yes. i like some of the posters that frequent there, drobins

Apr 24, 2015, 2:22 PM

for sure, but there's a simple minded group that attempts to apply mostly linear solutions to multifaceted, ambiguous and deeply layered situations.

3 or 4 > 0 to 2, can't be argued, right? but that's not remotely all that goes into putting 115+ individuals, plus coaches, staff, support and assistants together while hoping to manage then obtain a unique and challenging goal.

clemson is not alabama, fsu, auburn, has relied and promoted the genuine differences to separate itself and return arguably the greatest results on the recruiting front in program history.

all that's left is the "LOL" that some in any way believe dabo might not be aware of the impact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have been neutered lately

Apr 24, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to They have been neutered lately ]

I enjoy QT a lot. He's been pretty spot-on when it comes to recruiting over the past couple of years. I remember last April he was going on and on about how much he loved this criminally-underrated 3 star recruit who apparently really liked Clemson. That ended up being Ray Ray McCloud.

Apr 24, 2015, 2:16 PM

you contradict yourself.

"Anyone else like reading STS?" Implies that you do like reading STS.

Then you go on to say "because I sure don't!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

is this where bob could care less?***

Apr 24, 2015, 3:15 PM

Re: is this where bob could care less?***

Apr 24, 2015, 3:39 PM

bob can't care...little people aren't real.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

irregardless . . .***

Apr 24, 2015, 3:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Apr 24, 2015, 2:18 PM

I enjoy STS greatly. It's my preferred site for articles since they are more critical and vocal about their concerns. While I think the articles here are good, they're often a casualty of small-town media. If TNet were to start calling out players or coaches, the AD could/would easily cut off their inside access to the program. Since STS is more of a blog than anything, it doesn't face that sort of danger, allowing its writers to be a bit more free-wielding. I don't blame TNet's writers for taking a more cautious approach - it's simply the way things are done in small towns.

The negativity of STS has been toned down on the site since Dr.B left. I enjoyed him a lot, though I did believe he was a bit too overcritical at times.

I also enjoy the comments there. I enjoy TigerNet, and there are a lot of smart posters here...but there's also a large contingent of "If you ain't 100% ALL IN, yer a daggum coot!" and any criticism is seen as some betrayal to the program. The real-time updating on STS also makes it easier to chat during games.

What I don't understand is how people can't appreciate a second source of information, even if they don't necessarily agree with what's being said.

Dr. Baby or Dr. B as he calls himself is a petulant child.

Apr 24, 2015, 2:23 PM

He could dish it but he sure couldn't take it. Anytime he was challenged he couldn't handle it.

But yeah, I love sharp criticism when it is warranted.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Dr. Baby or Dr. B as he calls himself is a petulant child.

Apr 24, 2015, 2:28 PM

That much I'll agree with. He was a guy who could dish criticism but wasn't very receptive of it.

Apr 24, 2015, 2:33 PM

Though with that said, Dr.B did great at breaking down film IMO

Apr 26, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Dr. Baby or Dr. B as he calls himself is a petulant child. ]

> He could dish it but he sure couldn't take it.
> Anytime he was challenged he couldn't handle it.
>
> But yeah, I love sharp criticism when it is warranted.

are you talking about sts or tiger net? lol! so ironic!

never seen any unique information provided by that site

Apr 24, 2015, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else like reading STS? ]

and there's plenty of dissidents here for that flav.

i don't care for either of the extremes, they're as ludicrous here as they are/were on sts.

Re: never seen any unique information provided by that site

Apr 24, 2015, 2:32 PM

I think the recruiting articles there give a lot of insight--which we often don't hear about here.

i'm sure they have people they talk to that are unique

Apr 24, 2015, 2:37 PM

to the site, so yeah.

in fairness, i don't bother much with the recruiting madness. i'm not a star fan boy[not meant as an attack to anyone that might be a 'watcher'] and spend little time worried about the machinations... i'm not one to offer much of an opinion there and need to look no further than the ray ray mess to get my fill.

if you like "them and theirs" for these things, nothing wrong with that.

Re: i'm sure they have people they talk to that are unique

Apr 24, 2015, 2:49 PM

Yea, there's nothing wrong with not paying a lot of attention to recruiting. I admit it's a problem. I...have no life.

haha, not at all. we all have time in the bank and ways

Apr 24, 2015, 2:53 PM

we like to spend it. i don't judge, it's just not my thang.

Re: i'm sure they have people they talk to that are unique

Apr 25, 2015, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: i'm sure they have people they talk to that are unique ]

How do you kill... that which has no life?

They have no media credentials or sources for...

Apr 24, 2015, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: never seen any unique information provided by that site ]

recruiting. So how do they have any insight, other than just watching highlight tapes on youtube. In fact the only sources they have ever mentioned, were high school coaches whose teams couldn't make it to the playoffs.

Re: They have no media credentials or sources for...

Apr 24, 2015, 9:23 PM

Ehhhh, based on the accuracy of their reporting, I'm pretty sure they have some reliable recruiting sources.

They're not accurate. They have stated certain players...

Apr 25, 2015, 11:12 PM

would fail who have turned out to be good.

Other than Humphries I can't think of any

Apr 27, 2015, 2:36 PM

and they ate a ton of crow for that one.

Re: never seen any unique information provided by that site

Apr 24, 2015, 2:37 PM [ in reply to never seen any unique information provided by that site ]

Another thing I enjoy community-wise is the interaction with other fanbases. Since it's an SBNation blog, during game weeks there is a lot of inter-board chatter between our guys & opposing fans. It's definitely a good way to get a beat on our upcoming opponent.

that's a nice perk, no doubt. i appreciate when CGD and

Apr 24, 2015, 2:43 PM

some of the other paper trained dawgs[sorry CDG, all good] or other opponents come by tigernet just to chat it up.

i'll be the first to admit tigernet too often has one too many snipers for my tastes, but most well intended opponents are treated in kind.

Re: that's a nice perk, no doubt. i appreciate when CGD and

Apr 24, 2015, 2:52 PM

It's probably one of my favorite parts of the site to be honest. It's nice chatting with good fanbases (Louisville comes to mind here) and getting into stupid arguments with others (Syracuse).

fairly sure it was 247's UL site some of us visited before

Apr 24, 2015, 3:00 PM

last year before the cards made their way to the valley. good people, very passionate about their cards. they were also sure to let us know we had to come back before the basketball match up. haha.

i'll head back there before the tigers make their way to UL for the thursday game.

definitely good times, no doubt.

Re: fairly sure it was 247's UL site some of us visited before

Apr 24, 2015, 3:03 PM

yea, absolutely

Know how to catch a unique rabbit?

Apr 24, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to never seen any unique information provided by that site ]

Unique up on it.

OK,OK ...couldn't resist.

Re: Know how to catch a unique rabbit?

Apr 24, 2015, 3:14 PM

haha

but don't do that again.

;)

Always remember that you are unique.

Apr 24, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Know how to catch a unique rabbit? ]

Just like everyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

STS isn't a source of info, they are disgruntled fans...

Apr 24, 2015, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else like reading STS? ]

who want Clemson to fail. They have no sources at Clemson, no media credentials. It's just a bunch of nobody's, who cut and paste from coaching books that are intended for coaching Pee Wee football.

Re: STS isn't a source of info, they are disgruntled fans...

Apr 24, 2015, 9:24 PM

A bunch of disgruntled fans who want Clemson to fail? That's a pretty bold statement based on....what, exactly?

Calling an Orange Bowl winning season a failure...

Apr 25, 2015, 11:11 PM

that's disgruntled, when you can't celebrate Clemson's 1st Orange Bowl victory in 32 years.

You don't spend enough time here to understand how it works.

Apr 26, 2015, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else like reading STS? ]

If you bich and whine constantly then everything you say become suspect. I gave Boyd, Morris, Tig, Shuey and the TE's helll. Boyd was a brain fart waiting to happen, Morris was a suborn SOB who shoved his offense up Cole's ###. Tig couldn't find a gap unless it had hair around it. Shuey was a MIKE because he did a better job at directing the defensive secondary than anyone else on the team, he wasn't good he was just the best we had. We haven't had a TE who could block since Ford.

I've said all that and more when I was pizzed that those players and that coach cost us a game we could have won but my pulse remains at 100% because I give credit where credit is due.

Your pulse was torched because you get your concepts from those whine ### ###### on STS. We all read that chit but not all of us drink bile and puke then pretend it's an original thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the rabbits eat your tomato plants...? ;~{(***

Apr 26, 2015, 2:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No but there's a special place reserved in football helll...

Apr 26, 2015, 3:37 PM

for STS and people who just look for something to bich about. I hope STS and the Tnet dumpers enjoy spending eternity with my ex wife. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else like reading STS? ]

Agree with this 100%

Apr 24, 2015, 3:49 PM

They actually have better coverage in some areas. A recent example is an interview with a Vandy writer about Mitchell, our basketball transfer. It was nice to get his views on what we are getting. Overall, it was a very positive article about Mitchell and what he brings!

Calvin Craft aka Supertiger on T-Net knows his hoops ...

Apr 24, 2015, 7:38 PM

His preview columns prior to our basketball games were always really insightful.

Other than that ... STS doesn't have a lot of redeeming qualities.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked STS more back when

Apr 25, 2015, 9:01 PM

Dr. B & FigureFour were still running the site.. Sure, Dr. B was too negative, and wrong about things occasionally, and didn't respond well to criticism at all.. but dude was knowledgeable when it comes to football x's and o's. The commenters there are generally even-handed and willing to tell it like it is.. TigerNet is great, but it can be a little too "pumper"-ish for my tastes sometimes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didn't have a clue about x's and o's....

Apr 25, 2015, 11:16 PM

they just cut and pasted from books meant for coaches, coaching pee wee football. One of the images they posted one time went back to a link for NFL's USA Football youth football program. The image had a diagram for coaches teaching kids that were just getting into football.

You ever done a google image search?

Apr 27, 2015, 2:41 PM

you get all kinds of sources.

I like it and I hate it, too.

Apr 26, 2015, 12:14 PM

I often go there b/c they have more insight and research and such, but the attitude can be nauseating, too.
It's gotten a bit better, but the "We know all" attitude still exists.

If you read the article from last week about roster management, it's my quote about the Ohio State OB victory that he used to set up his straw man to defeat. I felt honored by it, actually.

I think they jump on the 5 heart Dabo's too much, it seems they feel they must include criticism lest they be accused of cheerleading. Even if no criticism is really warranted.

Overall, they just take themselves too seriously. But I'll keep going.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2015, 1:26 PM

So to sum it all up, STS is a lot like T-net, but not like t-net? I never go to STS so I'm just trying to follow this logic. I know t-netters are never wrong, never argue or call anyone out, never want anyone fired, and any of us can coach just as well as our paid coaches. Or something like that anyway. Did I miss anything?

They'd bich if they were hung with a new rope.

Apr 26, 2015, 2:04 PM

I'd use a short rope, knot in the back and a long drop.

No, I don't read STS. Too negative and critical.

Apr 26, 2015, 2:46 PM

Sadly, most of the posts on TigerNet aren't much better lately in that regard. I only come here to read posts from a handful of posters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

STS can find a problem for every solution.

Apr 27, 2015, 3:25 PM

They are way too negative and not nearly as smart as they think they are.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic