Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyjuan else stop reading the front article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Anyjuan else stop reading the front article

Feb 21, 2020, 8:20 AM

when they read the line that Clemson did this because of media scrutiny regarding our schedule? Forget whatever bias they are pushing. This is like dealing with terrorists, if we caved into their agenda. Make it as easy as possible for them and theirs. SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure that was part of it.

Feb 21, 2020, 8:33 AM

Scar doesnt help our schedule, we needed another top level team on the '21 schedule...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure that was part of it.

Feb 21, 2020, 9:13 AM

We should not have to worry about what they are pushing. Sick of them pimps. At the point when an actual 4th team shows up to the CFP would put OU on the block due to the fact that they still have not fielded a team that could defend to be a legit threat. The only time they seamed to be in it was for a half versus all run UGA. The entire B1G is a sham promoted by the same ESPiN pimps who propped up the SEC. Then there is the special ND that needs to be addressed as well.

Side note: I liked the Wyoming matchup. It is UCONN that is severely stinking 2021 up. Wrong game got dropped, imo.

Good gosh, man....

Feb 21, 2020, 11:26 AM

Let it lie. The media didn’t “make” us do anything. The 2021 schedule was a joke. All we’ve heard about this past year was our weak schedule, which it was (most of it not of our own doing). We did it because Clemson fans deserve better and want these tough marquee games. A spin off will be better respect from the committee, the media, and fans of other teams.

Nope. Iron sharpens Iron.***

Feb 21, 2020, 9:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyjuan else stop reading the front article

Feb 21, 2020, 9:51 AM

Ahh. SMH. David Hood wrote the front article And did not say “Clemson did this because of media scrutiny” He said” Clemson already faces scrutiny from national media”. While I agree the national media pushes an agenda David has not and has always covered Clemson well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^This***

Feb 21, 2020, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Feb 21, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyjuan else stop reading the front article ]

I am talking about this part specifically, "In a time when Clemson is competing for a spot in the College Football Playoff each season, adding Georgia and subtracting Wyoming (even at the cost of a home game) is a win for the Tigers. Clemson already faces scrutiny from the national media because of its schedule and the comparative weakness of the ACC. A close loss at a neutral site to Georgia might carry more weight than a blowout win over Wyoming at home." Not sure how you interpreted that part of the article.

Feb 21, 2020, 11:41 AM

I interpreted it as absolutely true statement of fact. It reenforces your argument about national media questioning Clemson's schedule and challenging if Clemson belongs in playoff. If Clemson loses one game the noise will get even louder about Clemson schedule being undeserving. David Hood is making your point, and he also is stating that playing UGA will take away much of the noise (assuming we win). David is a Clemson writer so his article is pro-Clemson. IMHO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2020, 2:55 PM

He is not making my point. My point is screw them. Keep winning the way we have and let them make their irrelevant noise. They control what they are allowed to control. Have we been left out with 1 loss? No we have not.

I get the whole goal is to get everyone's strength of schedule up but that means everyone, not just Clemson. Have you seen the B1G play anyone out if conference in the past few years? I have seen Wisconsin play a couple and OSU played OU (media hypefest of two half teams that year).

We don't have to prove who we are more than their darlings do. We have earned that.

Did we keep UCONN for the recruiting footprint or for Swoffie? Those 2 wishful ACC expansion teams (ND/UCONN) keep Wyoming out?

Is the notion, not Hood, fwiw.

David Hood didn't say that Clemson did it in response to the

Feb 21, 2020, 3:20 PM

national media's perception of our schedule. He inserted his own opinion about the benefits of this change, and said nothing about Clemson's intent.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 21, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyjuan else stop reading the front article ]

Maryland has recently played a couple against Texas. Michigan opened with Florida not long ago. I'm sure anyone taking the time to research it will find other B1G schools that have played notable out of conference games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, there are a lot of people here who don't read

Feb 21, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyjuan else stop reading the front article ]

carefully.

They either skim text and miss key details, read something assuming they know what it's about, or imagine things that aren't there.

It's maddening.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Actually, a fair number think

Feb 21, 2020, 5:24 PM

Reading and comprehension don't go together. Like hearing and listening...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve noticed Republicans are triggered by facts in the news.***

Feb 21, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Sadly, there are a lot of people here who don't read ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic