Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody impressed with VA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Anybody impressed with VA?

Dec 4, 2020, 7:56 PM

They look weak to me at point guard and center, although no expert.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody impressed with VA?

Dec 4, 2020, 7:58 PM

They're making Kent St look pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Dec 4, 2020, 7:59 PM

Center is their best position. I'd kill to have Jay Huff on Clemson. He's a bigger, more athletic, and more skilled version of PJ Hall. He'd let Simms slide over to the 4 and give us a major weapon at the 5 spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks pretty thin to me, P.J. Hall is thicker...

Dec 4, 2020, 8:26 PM

He must be skilled to be at VA, however in this game, he has had several balls knocked away by shorter players. Their point guard is supposed to be all ACC, however, by my eye, Nick and Al look stronger and just as fast??? I am just going by eye balling so far this season.

Re: Looks pretty thin to me, P.J. Hall is thicker...

Dec 4, 2020, 8:49 PM

Huff has 3-4 inches and ~10-15 pounds on Hall. And he can dunk from the free throw line. He's also the best shot blocker in the ACC and a very solid perimeter shooter. His issue is that he's poorly utilized offensively in UVA's blocker-mover offense. He needs to be working on the block instead of being utilized as only a pick/pop type guy.

Also Honor and Dawes may be outright faster than Clark, but neither of them have anywhere close to his quickness and ability to change speed. He won the game for UVA down the stretch because his defender couldn't keep him out of the paint without fouling him. His issue is size, he's just too small.

O. K. you win, I saw stats, that he had 18 pts. and 11 rebs

Dec 4, 2020, 10:19 PM

But on first look, I was not impressed and obviously did not know what I was talking about. However, wishful thinking, I would enjoy seeing our small guys double him and go after the ball. And I hope our guards will be surprise weapons on O. and D. Just by seeing on TV, I have been much more impressed by Tigers depth and defense and improved 3 pt. shooting.

Thanks for your knowledge...***

Dec 4, 2020, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks pretty thin to me, P.J. Hall is thicker... ]

Dec 4, 2020, 11:29 PM

The Veterans Administration is a good idea, but it’s been poorly executed for pretty much it’s entire history. So no.

Dec 5, 2020, 10:01 AM

Can only speak from Dad's experience--the VA helped him tremendously. So, my answer was going to be yes.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 5, 2020, 11:25 AM

UVA never wins pretty or in dominant fashion. Anybody who takes them lightly because of the eye test usually loses by something like 58-56.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic