Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any directtv people here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Any directtv people here

Sep 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

Rumors are they could pull espn channels very soon. I hope it is not this weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any directtv people here

Sep 13, 2019, 12:55 PM

I was just looking that up. There has not been a deadline set that I found. It does indicate September 2019 however. The last anything I could find anything being written about it was 3 days ago. AT & T is playing hard ball w/the wrong crowd. I know I am not alone in saying; ESPN is the only reason I haven't totally just dropped Directv/AT&T! And Fox Sports.

I think if they can't come to an agreement it would hurt AT&T more than it hurts Disney/ESPN. BTW, I heard talk of them taking it from DirecTV. What I read indicated it was a contract about to expire and they couldn't come to terms on a new one. So, it sounds like it's a negotiable option. If they were pulling their service wouldn't the story be written different?

https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article234967362.html

***Note: searched again and found above link.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 1:27 PM

I'm currently a DirecTV customer. Some of my friends have "cut the cord" and use streaming services like Hulu Live. I looked into it and it would be a pretty significant savings. I called DirecTV to cancel and ended up getting my bill reduced from $170 to $100 with the same channels and they threw in Sunday Ticket on top for no additional charge. I didn't have to enter into a contract or anything.

That said, if this were to happen, I will drop them in a heartbeat and pick up Hulu Live. That's my plan anyway after football season. I just couldn't pass up free Sunday Ticket!

Sep 13, 2019, 1:59 PM

I’m in the same boat with Direct TV. If I miss a single game I want to see, I’m done. For the prices I’m paying, I should be getting Championship Dominos live from Tibet if I want to see it.

Sep 13, 2019, 6:04 PM

+1 for Championship Dominoes live from Tibet!

Dang!

I agree 100% though. For what I am paying; I should have zero worries about it.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Any directtv people here ]

Careful with Hulu live depending on where you live.

Those with Hulu live in the Charleston area this weekend will not be able to watch the Tigers play because Hulu live does not get the local ABC station.

I'm not sure that any Hulu customers get ABC. If you are a big fan of Saturday after and night football on ABC then Hulu may not be for you.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

If you log in to the WatchEspn app with hulu as your provider you can watch any ABC broadcast games there. It worked just fine for a friend of mine for the Texas A&M game last week.

GO TIGERS

I live in Ft Mill and get ABC on my Hulu Live.

Sep 13, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Any directtv people here ]

Change your zip code in setup to reflect a town that gets ABC. My zip is 29715.

I love Hulu. Switched to it in about 60 days ago after 15 years w Direct TV.

No regrets.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Any directtv people here ]

Reduced my Direct TV bIll about $80 last week. Dumped a bunch of garbage that I’d never heard of and certainly had never watched. Spent about 4 hours on the phone, transferred about 6 times. During the process I discovered that Direct TV was going to add another “package” starting in October that would add $40 to a my bill. I didn’t ask for the package, they hadn’t informed me it was being added, they were just going to add it and tack $40 on to my bill. I would call that fraud, but Direct TV says that it’s completely legal in Texas. Anyway, stumbled across that scam strictly by accidental timing. I guess I need to give the Texas Utilities Commission a call, I’ve been told bold faced lies before by AT&T.

Sep 13, 2019, 1:34 PM

Last I read the contract expires at the end of September.

https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article234967362.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh***

Sep 13, 2019, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 1:41 PM

I dropped them and switched to Playstation Vue, no looking back.

According to this it could be as soon as tonight

Sep 13, 2019, 2:00 PM

https://www-cordcuttersnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-tv-now-directv-could-lose-espn-disney-owned-channels-tonight/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cordcuttersnews.com%2Fatt-tv-now-directv-could-lose-espn-disney-owned-channels-tonight%2F

Sep 13, 2019, 2:22 PM

Youtube TV is the best service I've found, although they don't have NFL Network, which is mildly annoying.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 3:16 PM

Also annoying about YTTV is they dont yet have the app on FireTV products. Its coming. In 2019. But not sure when. So until it does Hulu and Vue are my go-tos. I'm dropping Directv next week...regardless what is decided on ESPN channels. I've got a new teenage driver in my house....I gots to save money somewhere!

raises hand. There was a thread about this Monday night.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:27 PM

the threatening ad appeared during MNF.
If ESPN goes dark, there’s gonna be ANARCHY! Also of note, there’s a full moon tomorrow night. AT&T’s playing with Fire.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:36 PM

I had Directv for over 15 years, and dropped them at the end of August. When I returned my equipment, the guy at UPS said that they were being flooded with Directv returned equipment. Just have a contingency plan if you plan to ride that dinosaur into the tar pit.

Not any more, thank goodness!***

Sep 13, 2019, 4:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 6:01 PM

Air TV and replays!

Sep 13, 2019, 6:32 PM

I dropped Directv Now and went to YouTube TV. Cheaper, has ACCN and local channels.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic