Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At this point I would rather the season be postponed...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,688

At this point I would rather the season be postponed...

Aug 1, 2020, 8:08 AM

...I really want and need football this fall but with all the restrictions, dangers, and changes I think I would rather wait until the spring. I mean I love football. I love Clemson Football and I am excited about this team. However, it will not be the same without fans, without the band playing Tiger Rag and potentially running down the hill without the pomp and circumstance. Not to mention no USuCk game. I would rather suck it up with no football in September and postpone the season until later in the fall or the spring so when we do start back up it can be as normal as possible.

I really hate the thought of no football this fall but I just dont like the idea of all the restrictions. I know I am probably in the minority and I guess some football is bettern then none, but it just wont be the same excitement for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

what would make you think that later in the fall

Aug 1, 2020, 8:12 AM

is going to be any different than next month? What are we doing that is going to start lowering infection rates? Only a couple % of the population has been infected, that provides little herd immunity. Covid is likely endemic and even when we get a vaccine the same people that don't wear masks will not get vaccinated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we don't know if the Spring will be any better, if a

Aug 1, 2020, 8:18 AM

vaccine will be effective, and if people will get sick a second time just like the flu. If the non-mask wearers catch the flu and Covid at the same time their viewpoint might change somewhat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And we don't know if the Spring will be any better, if a

Aug 1, 2020, 8:22 AM

Wearing a mask is stupid imo but I wear them when their is a sign on the door saying mask required. Which is basically every store now lol. We gonna wear a mask the rest of our life? I'm not cool with that. I understand if you are elderly and worried then go ahead and wear one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 8:28 AM

In all honesty has anyone heard about a potential vacccine? I know it is being worked on by scientists but has anyone heard any news on those scientists being close to getting one? Just curious because I have heard very little about a vaccine but pray one is on the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Aug 1, 2020, 9:07 AM

Google Covid 19 vaccine trials. Then click on Vitalinks. You may be able to get in a study. I'm in. Pays good!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I am not attacking, genuinely asking.. What's

Aug 1, 2020, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: And we don't know if the Spring will be any better, if a ]

the threshold? If masks dont help, would you spend an hour in the COVID ICU with me without one?

@CmoneyTiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 1, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to And we don't know if the Spring will be any better, if a ]

Like a Dr. told me....The Chinese have been wearing masks for years and it hasn’t done them a #### bit of good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: what would make you think that later in the fall

Aug 1, 2020, 8:22 AM [ in reply to what would make you think that later in the fall ]

Definitely not saying it will be better. I am not saying Covid will go away or things will be better. If they are not better later in the fall or by the spring then cancel the season. I love my football but I am not sure I will get the same enjoyment without being able to attend or with the atmosphere that will be missing. I am not advocating cancelling it as I know I am in the minoority. I am just simply giving my personal thoughts which I know are not shared by most.

I do truly hope a vaccine comes soon so we can all try and get back to normal and enjoy our sports again the way they were intended.

Re: what would make you think that later in the fall

Aug 1, 2020, 8:47 AM

As much as I want to see football, I completely agree with you. I would honestly just cancel it. In the current environment, I do not think it will go well.

This is not a job as it is for professional athletes. There are some things that would need to happen. All the players get to keep eligibility if they want to stay to play next year. Schools that have many of those players opt for another year should get the additional scholarships to equal those players so the incoming freshman are not punished.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At this point I would rather the season be postponed...

Aug 1, 2020, 9:04 AM

I almost agree,but at the point of trying to appease(satisfy) all sides,why don't we have an 11 week schedule of Home and away games between the little leprechauns and the flying coots with the 11th game being the Championship.
If things go well,the little leprechauns can once again get "lucky" or the coots can finally claim a Natty.Then both teams can just go away.
I'm certain all fans would even pay -per- view to see these two elite programs go head to head.
On second thoughts,you may be correct.

Agree with you, but Spring is undoable. Most teams

Aug 1, 2020, 10:17 AM

would be without their best players and then you have to wory about turning around and playing a season in just a few months. I think that idea went out the door as quickly as it came in with most administrators.

I am starting to feel that they should just cancel the season and roll back all scheudles one year. But I know logistically, rolling the schedules back could never happen either.

Thank you for your service!***

Aug 1, 2020, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 1, 2020, 10:35 AM

If we could be guaranteed ‘normal’ football in the spring, I would agree. Its certainly not a guarantee at this point. Also, we’d likely lose a bunch of NFL bound talent accross the league that could not afford to play a spring season. Ill take a partial occupancy or televised season if it means we get to see Trevor and ETN suit up one more year.

If you really want to get to the root of the problem

Aug 1, 2020, 10:46 AM

you start by arresting Bill Gates and "Doctor" Fauci.

I can hardly wait for post

Aug 1, 2020, 7:06 PM

#25! Lowered have mercy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Narrow viewpoint...

Aug 1, 2020, 8:41 PM

A perspective no doubt shaped by the daily barrage of doomsday narratives disseminated through all media platforms-

Aug 1, 2020, 10:02 PM

35,000,000 people got the flue last year in this country. At some point we have to accept it will be here for a while and learn to live with it. Most of the recent outbreak is due to younger people going out and partying, rioting with no mask, opening up. Just look at the Marlines. They got it because a few stupid players when out partying to a strip club. Most college players have been on campus for almost two months. Life has to go on at some point.

Aug 1, 2020, 10:05 PM

Yes, you are in the minority.

Aug 2, 2020, 6:45 AM

I am totally good with being in the minority.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,688
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic