Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The NFL finally knows what we all knew: Deshaun Watson is special
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: The NFL finally knows what we all knew: Deshaun Watson is special

Oct 17, 2017, 12:01 PM

The NFL finally knows what we all knew: Deshaun Watson is special

We knew Deshaun Watson was special all along. It just took the NFL a while to learn what we already knew. It takes those guys a while to catch on because they’re more interested in whether a guy looks the part over if he can play. Photo by David Kohl / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is an outstanding recap of an outstanding man.***

Oct 17, 2017, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is an outstanding recap of an outstanding man.***

Oct 17, 2017, 12:09 PM

Proving everyone wrong outside of the Clemson community. All class both on and off the field. People now get to experience what we did when he was at Clemson.

And in all honesty

Oct 17, 2017, 12:13 PM

Despite Dabo and the Clemson world trying to tell them, it worked out better for Watson that the NFL didn't really believe us beforehand. He landed in just about the perfect situation for him when he was drafted by the Texans: a team with a usually stout defense, a QB position open for early battle, a system that he should excel in with complicated reads and decision making which he is well suited for, and a coach with an offensive mind willing to mold his gameplan around Watson's strengths.

Things are working out just about perfect for him.

And he deserves every #### bit of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also has Nuk and Will Fuller to work with which is more

Oct 17, 2017, 12:36 PM

than most crappy teams have.

Just talking about him about an hour ago

Oct 17, 2017, 12:13 PM

He may be my favorite tiger of all time. A gamecock and I were talking this morning about him. Neither one of us can believe the teams that passed him over. We are both just dumbfounded at the "experts." None of us know for sure what tommorrow will bring but this man is Hall of Fame material in more ways than one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And..

Oct 17, 2017, 12:16 PM

John Heisman says HellO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And no Heisman!

Oct 17, 2017, 2:16 PM

I wonder how many would like to turn back history with their vote last year to right the wrong from 2016. Not only was DW4 the Best Player in College Football Last Year, he is the epitome of all that the trophy was meant to represent!

- Great Ability
- Excellence
- Integrity
- Diligence
- Perseverance
- Hard Work

Unfortunately for Mr. Heisman the Trophy that carries his name officially became a joke in 2016.

For starters they could stop the early voting non-sense??????????

Re: Just talking about him about an hour ago

Oct 17, 2017, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Just talking about him about an hour ago ]

> He may be my favorite tiger of all time. A gamecock
> and I were talking this morning about him. Neither
> one of us can believe the teams that passed him over.
> We are both just dumbfounded at the "experts." None
> of us know for sure what tommorrow will bring but
> this man is Hall of Fame material in more ways than
> one.

He tops my list. We knew that we needed to see as many games as possible while he was here and we did just that. Looking back it was one H3ll of a journey from Las Vegas to Tampa, and everywhere in between. It all came to an end in a way that I could never have imagined. I'll never witness the collective elation of that magnitude again. Now, we are searching every week to find the Texans game, and at some point, are going to see a game in a league that we otherwise would ignore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And his future after football?

Oct 17, 2017, 12:30 PM

Possibly Senator Watson or more? Only if he wanted a challenge.

Re: And his future after football?

Oct 21, 2017, 11:59 PM

Communications is what his degree is

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Just wait

Oct 17, 2017, 1:18 PM

til they get a look at Hunter Renfrow in the pros, they won't believe their eyes then either. **Also, suck it Heisman voters.**

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If voting had happened at the end of the bowls/playoffs...

Oct 17, 2017, 2:32 PM

Watson would have won 2 Heisman trophies. The voting did not consider the 2 best games of his career!

Re: If voting had happened at the end of the bowls/playoffs...

Oct 17, 2017, 7:30 PM

Truth.

IMHO, he was robbed the first time more than the second. Lamar Jackson is a great athlete on a mediocre team. Derrick Henry just carried the ball a bunch of times behind a good o-line.

Re: New Story: The NFL finally knows what we all knew: Deshaun Watson is special

Oct 17, 2017, 2:00 PM

Nobody should be dumbfounded by Watson. If you are, you're either biased, not paying attention, or just dumb.

He's a once in a generation type talent at all levels. The signs have been there. Glad it's so evident now for DW4.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The NFL finally knows what we all knew: Deshaun Watson is special

Oct 17, 2017, 3:45 PM

I've been going to Clemson football games since the mid-1950s. We're talking my Grandfather, Father, me, my son, and my grandson going to Clemson games during that time. That's 5 generations, and I will assure you, there has been no better Quarterback strap on the helmet than DW4... anywhere! A once-in-a-generation player? Yes, and way beyond that. Quite possibly, the best QB ever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 9:54 PM

Hold up and wait a second there 7173, you and I have seen a lot of Clemson QB'S and special players from almost every position, but no QB that has matched D Watson talent, and after every player we will mostly agree that it won't be another in our life time BUT, I can't honestly say that about DW4 bc I honestly believe that another QB as special as DW4 will sign with Clemson on signing day in Trevor Lawrence. I believe that Trevor will be just as good and just important to our Tiger team as any player that has worn a Clemson uniform.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The NFL finally knows what we all knew: Deshaun Watson is special ]

DW4 is a very special talent indeed. Arm strength argument? Ability to adapt to NFL from college? Never played under center much? All, ignorant questions by the "analyst" because they didn'watch his tape.
He is now showing the entire League and Nation that not only is the arm strength there, mobility, adaptability and so on. It's what's above the shoulders that sets him apart. Everything is just part of the excellent package Houton wisely traded up for.

Oct 17, 2017, 2:28 PM

Makes you wonder about the guys who passed over him...particularly the ones who need QBs. Well, I think we are seeing why they got to pick ahead of the Texans!

Oct 17, 2017, 3:06 PM

Suck it Todd McSham!!!!!!!

Lol, McSham...wasn’t it three weeks ago he said Watson...

Oct 17, 2017, 3:29 PM

... will not consistently produce good numbers going forward? The first Texans games were a fluke?

Way to play the odds and hope they make up for your ########. Lol...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol, McSham...wasn’t it three weeks ago he said Watson...

Oct 17, 2017, 7:38 PM

Injury is always a possibility (see RGIII), but if DW stays healthy, he's going to have a fantastic career.

DW is highly coachable and has an amazing work ethic and drive for success. No, he wasn't as good as Tom Savage in the preseason, but he put a lot of work in and here we are. Eventually defenses will adjust to him, but his ceiling is so high, I think his future looks pretty good.

This Puts An Exclamation Point

Oct 17, 2017, 7:45 PM

On the voters who didn't see DW4 as the best player in all of college football the last 2 years. I have lost so much respect for the Heisman Trophy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 7:48 PM

Its great to see DW4 vindicated. And he's just getting started.

I don't watch much NFL, but he is the most exciting player. So humble too. Proud of him!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic