Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazon just killed Parler.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Amazon just killed Parler.

Jan 9, 2021, 9:37 PM

They have until tomorrow to find a new host. I'm sure lots of companies would love to be associated with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same way it worked for Stalin and Mao Zedong***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Lol. It's what we did to the Daily Stormer.

Jan 9, 2021, 9:42 PM

Upset at that too?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course he is, lol. These guys love their hate speech***

Jan 10, 2021, 10:34 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cmon, look at what Trump has done with his platform

Jan 9, 2021, 9:57 PM [ in reply to same way it worked for Stalin and Mao Zedong*** ]

he uses it to spread lies. Not opinion, outright lies. Its crazy. That has to be stopped bc you now have an unintelligent segment of the population that believes it.

Think about the "Fake News" concept. If anything negative comes out about me, you are to understand that it is fabricated, no matter how true. And lots of people have bought in.

Re: Amazon just killed Parler.

Jan 9, 2021, 9:40 PM

This is such ########. If you liberals can't be objective and see what is happening, you deserver what you will eventually get.

Jan 9, 2021, 9:45 PM

Remember when Obama said he was going to “fundamentally change America?” I cringed, his supporters cheered. Here we are.

so not being able to let the President outright lie on

Jan 9, 2021, 10:00 PM

things that make people destroy the capitol building is wrong?

Re: so not being able to let the President outright lie on

Jan 10, 2021, 12:37 PM

Jan 9, 2021, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazon just killed Parler. ]

We are being objective and it's awesome. Parler is a conspiracy driven violence promoting platform. I am objective as it gets and it is awesome that they are being shut down slowly but surely. F em.

If the First Amendment doesn't protect the rights of people

Jan 10, 2021, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazon just killed Parler. ]

to require non-government corporations to host forums where those people can plan an armed insurgency against the government to overturn a free and fair election, then really, what good is it?

Maybe stop inciting violence on your Conservative platforms

Jan 10, 2021, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazon just killed Parler. ]

It's weird, platforms that are not Trump supporter-dominated have no problem not inciting violence.

Wonder why it's so difficult for you guys.

Cause. Meet effect.

Re: Maybe stop inciting violence on your Conservative platforms

Jan 10, 2021, 12:35 PM

The difference is in moderation which Parler refuses to do.

Jan 10, 2021, 12:39 PM

You’re basically arguing that those things you’ve listed aren’t moderated on Facebook/Twitter which is demonstrably false.

Re: The difference is in moderation which Parler refuses to do.

Jan 10, 2021, 12:49 PM

This is a pointless discussion to have with you, as nuance

Jan 10, 2021, 1:02 PM

escapes you.

You’re talking about individual cases, your “lone wolfs” if they’re white, whereas right now, there are active credible terroristic threats being propagated on sites like parler.

Re: This is a pointless discussion to have with you, as nuance

Jan 10, 2021, 1:04 PM

There are active credible terrorist threats being posted on

Jan 10, 2021, 1:35 PM

sites like Parler. Parler has shown no desire to moderate those. That is why they’re being shut down. It’s pretty simple

Re: There are active credible terrorist threats being posted on

Jan 10, 2021, 1:53 PM

They’ve always been doing that. They’ve just been using

Jan 10, 2021, 1:59 PM

sites like Parler and others to recruit.

Re: They’ve always been doing that. They’ve just been using

Jan 10, 2021, 2:03 PM

Jan 10, 2021, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazon just killed Parler. ]

Please stop calling them liberals.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sure Go Daddy will pick up the slack.

Jan 9, 2021, 9:41 PM

<###### width="300" height="154" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/3405571" frameborder="0">

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 9:49 PM

That's great. Good news. Hopefully Apple does the same to them next.

Apple already pulled the trigger.***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apple already pulled the trigger.***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:52 PM

That's great.

Re: Apple already pulled the trigger.***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Apple already pulled the trigger.*** ]

you guys could always revive Friendster.

<###### width="300" height="154" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/3405571" frameborder="0">

I joined homoRus today.

Jan 9, 2021, 10:18 PM

Nice people, all want to cam up but really nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 10:06 PM

Why does Parler need Amazon? Serious question.

Jan 9, 2021, 10:16 PM

I see why.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/johnpaczkowski/amazon-parler-aws

here is a gem from Parlor

Jan 9, 2021, 10:44 PM

Re: here is a gem from Parlor

Jan 9, 2021, 10:50 PM

I can't believe you don't want to protect their right to say those things with the help of Amazon. Mao would be proud of you.

Re: here is a gem from Parlor

Jan 9, 2021, 11:01 PM [ in reply to here is a gem from Parlor ]

How did you get those? Are you on Parler? Never mind. They are on the bottom of the article. would like to know what people posting tonight on there.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

AWS?

Jan 10, 2021, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazon just killed Parler. ]

Another virtual tech monopoly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 10:33 PM

Another hour and a half until Parler is done for a bit.

Jan 9, 2021, 11:00 PM

Never mind. It's 12:00 PST tonight actually.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Jan 10, 2021, 12:44 AM

I mentioned this yesterday, but seriously...who wouldn't want to provide services for a barbarian horde bent on burning America to the ground?

Everybody wants the clicks and ad revenue...so of course, there's always somebody willing to try. Unregulated free speech! A massive and passionate user base! Massive ad revenue! Okay, so they're a little militant and aggressive and sometimes say things they shouldn't, but how bad can it be, really? And then of course, the barbarian heathens arrive on your shiny fresh virgin platform...and immediately start planning all manner of unspeakable vile future activities.

Except, they're actually very much speaking about those activities. In graphic detail. On your platforms. Meaning you're legally on the hook and there is just no way you can pretend you somehow didn't know. And after about the third or fourth spree shooting or bombing that just got planned on your platform in the last week, your frizzle-fried legal department guys are melting down in your office, talking eight-or-nine-figure-type liability....

...and it's Holy Sh!tballs, Batman. And the plug duly gets pulled. Even Parler had to zap some threads today from Lin Wood calling for Mike Pence's execution.

The barbarian horde just isn't a good customer base. Amazing. Who knew?

If it were “Radical Islamic Terrorists” posting their

Jan 10, 2021, 5:58 AM

terroristic threats on Parler with impunity, I wonder what the reaction from the first amendment Republicans would be.

Some want to protect “Radical Islamic Terrorists”

Jan 10, 2021, 6:18 AM

and others want to protect "Republicans", or at least each their rights to free speech. That's the world we live in today.

Hate speech seems to be acceptable to a lot of leftist if it is directed at Republicans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not about hate speech, it’s about the terrorism. HTH!!!***

Jan 10, 2021, 6:28 AM

Are all republicans terrorist? Do all democrats support

Jan 10, 2021, 6:54 AM

muslim terrorist?

I never heard of parler until I say it on tigernet yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least you’re admitting you don’t know what you’re talking

Jan 10, 2021, 6:58 AM

about. Do some more reading and come back later with your hot takes.

Re: Are all republicans terrorist? Do all democrats support

Jan 10, 2021, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Are all republicans terrorist? Do all democrats support ]

It has something like 11 million nutcases on there. It's pretty huge for the radical conspiracy driven wacko right. It's not just a right leaning platform. It's where the nutcases go to promote Q etc, as well as violence. Regular conservatives still are on Twitter.

Re: Are all republicans terrorist? Do all democrats support

Jan 10, 2021, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Are all republicans terrorist? Do all democrats support ]

Neal,

Have ALL Republicans been banned from FB and Twitter ??

Re: Some want to protect “Radical Islamic Terrorists”

Jan 10, 2021, 6:32 AM [ in reply to Some want to protect “Radical Islamic Terrorists” ]

i don't see liberals threatening to Kill conservatives on Social media(see above Parlor posts). At worst we make fun of you for being stupid and inbred.

And not only does our country think these people are stupid, the entire world does. China and Russia are laughing their balls off at us right now. IS that what trump was after when he said Make America Great?

Re: Some want to protect “Radical Islamic Terrorists”

Jan 10, 2021, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Some want to protect “Radical Islamic Terrorists” ]

You've got a right to free speech...up to a certain line.

Your right to free speech stops where someone else's metaphorical nose begins. You use that free speech to call for violence against someone else and that's over the line. You use that free speech to advocate sedition and that too is beyond the scope of the First Amendment. So you actually don't have a right to call for violence against your fellow citizens or unseat the democratically-elected government of the United States of America with force...and that's exactly the line that got crossed in the Capital yesterday.

Extremists who try to duck behind the First Amendment keep not getting that.

I know what you're going to say: "But Antifa! But BLM!" Yes, there were a number of instances this past year where both entities were over the line as well. (I would say "organizations" but Antifa is a bunch of anarchists and the term "organization" doesn't actually apply to them.) And in those situations where they stepped over the line they should be banned from social media...and have been, actually. Just one problem...even Antifa or BLM, while they've been highly critical of All things America and have danced right up to the line of advocating violence or sedition, haven't actually seemed to have stepped over it.

The only thing I could find on the Internetz about either entity advocating outright violence on social media, in fact, it was white nationalist group Identity Evropa - who was present at the Stop the Steal riot Trump just incited on Capital Hill - who were pretending to be Antifa making posts inciting violence.

I dunno. Maybe I missed something and they are advocating violence or sedition and getting away with it? If so I'd love to see it because I'll join you in speaking against that because if it's being allowed that is the definition of a double standard.

https://www.dw.com/en/twitter-suspends-fake-antifa-account-run-by-white-supremacists/a-53656003

I was trying to point out that he made the distinction

Jan 10, 2021, 8:02 AM

between republicans and extremist. Sick of the left nutjob group think. There are far far more left wing extremist than there are right wing extremist. It's not even close.

The broken windows in the Capital are horrible and anyone that broke a window or broke into an office should be prosecuted. Anyone that was let in by the police and remained peaceful should not be prosecuted. Anyone that loots are commits arson should go to prison.

If parler is used for extremism, shut it down. That does not bother me one bit. Just quit with the double standard. "Republicans" don't support extremism.

Re: I was trying to point out that he made the distinction

Jan 10, 2021, 8:13 AM

I’m a conservative and my entire circle of friends is conservative. I know a LOT of people. Never once have I heard anyone say they want violence of any sort. Never!! If anyone ever mentions the possibility of civil war it’s out of fear for the country and not something anyone wants. I’ll be around my circle of friends in about 2 hours at our southern Baptist church. We will pray for the country and for peace.

Jan 10, 2021, 8:46 AM

It's a constant on Parler. It's a subculture of conservatives. They want even many Repubs killed.

you should spend less time on parler***

Jan 10, 2021, 9:02 AM

Jan 10, 2021, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I was trying to point out that he made the distinction ]

@Neil in NC

Here is where I think we have a problem communicating. You said, "There are far far more left wing extremist than there are right wing extremist. It's not even close."

You see, I ( & a lot of other liberals & Democrats) would disagree with you. We think that all of these incendiary posts on social media indicate the opposite - that a lot more right wingers ladvocate and support violence.

OK, so let's FREEZE for a minute. Each of us has to recognize that our confirmation bias and information bubbles MIGHT be contributing to our contradictory perspectives. I don't know how we can factually establish which sides extremists are more numerous or threatening.

So how about this. Let us both unequivocally denounce the use of threats, intimidation, and violence in our political discourse. Can we agree on that ? - and start from there to move forward in a constructive way ?

I denounce every leftist person who threatened or actually participated in violence and property destruction over the summer. If they can be identified, they should be arrested and have their day in court. If the evidence supports it, they should be punished - fines and/or jailtime as is warranted by the crimes.

I equally denounce any leftist who promotes actual violence against others or their property as a part of our political discourse. If they continue to do so, they should be ejected from the social media platform on which they are doing this.

Who will join me in walling off intimidation and violence from what should be an evidence-based discussion encouraging rational thinking among all Americans ???

I agree that all violence is bad

Jan 10, 2021, 11:33 AM

what happened at the capital was wrong. Every riot that ended in the destruction of property is wrong. All protests that are peaceful are protected under the constitution.

Private enterprise has latitude to conduct business. 1st ...

Jan 10, 2021, 8:29 AM

Amendment rights (and other rights) are not guaranteed within the confines of private enterprises unless stipulated by laws. There are anti discrimination laws but the impacted groups are well defined. Censorship gets pretty complex from a legal standpoint, and I am no expert. I had some casual conversation with a few lawyers in my family. It appears the business decisions made by social media and technology companies are legal. Many seem to forget that laws allow businesses to have certain freedom to conduct their affairs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So every private business in this country should be open.

Jan 10, 2021, 12:10 PM

Correct?

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I’m wondering if some of you ever actually looked at it.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:59 AM

I downloaded it right before Apple banned it, simply because I figured it was coming and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. First person I followed? Tulsi Gabbard. Then Neal Boortz and Ron Paul——pretty good Libertarian representation on there too.

It was not some dark web like seedy forum for bomb making and terrorist planning. I’m sure there are corners of it where that may go on, just like every other app that allows P2P communication.

These moves really seem PR-based and ideology motivated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m wondering if some of you ever actually looked at it.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:40 AM

Neal Boortz! Haven't heard that name much since the mid-to-late '90s.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love him—-wish he still was on air***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:04 PM

Used to listen to him most days.

Jan 10, 2021, 12:19 PM

Didn't agree with him all the time but I thought he was much more reasonable and interested in the truth than Limbaugh.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic