Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Said that Statues go up in a Nation’s Glory Stage & Fall..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Said that Statues go up in a Nation’s Glory Stage & Fall..

Jul 12, 2020, 9:43 AM

in its Barbarism Stage.

Any idea where America is today?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Said that Statues go up in a Nation’s Glory Stage & Fall..

Jul 12, 2020, 9:47 AM

Ohh to return to the glory days of segregation... ??

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Said that Statues go up in a Nation’s Glory Stage & Fall..

Jul 12, 2020, 10:06 AM
Confederate.jpg(46.9 K)

Try to understand the bigger picture. Most of the confederate statues went up at moments when the civil rights movement was going. High School, etcs built in the 50s and 60s would receive confederate names. It all felt with segregation. The Dixicrats (Strom Thurmond) revived the confederate flag which nobody was really flying before that . So don't say it waist's removing history, it was a history set up to keep people in place, you grew up in that era so naturally you think that's the way it always was but it wasn't. This isn't the Barbarism Stage, it is a stage of re-revealing what the true values of the country are, liberty and equality and not the hate of the south.

Here is an excerpt of the history:
The flag was revived when northern Democrats began to press for an end to the South’s system of racial oppression. In 1948, the Dixiecrats revolted against President Harry Truman—who had desegregated the armed forces and supported anti-lynching bills. The movement began in Mississippi in February of 1948, with thousands of activists “shouting rebel yells and waving the Confederate flag,” as the Associated Press reported at the time. Some actually removed old, mothballed flags from the trunks where they had until then been gathering dust.

At the Democratic convention that July, nine southern states backed Georgia’s Senator Richard Russell over Truman, parading around the floor behind a waving Confederate flag to the strains of Dixie. The Dixiecrats reconvened in Birmingham, nominating South Carolina Governor Strom Thurmond for the presidency. Sales of Confederate flags, long moribund, exploded. Stores could not keep them in stock. The battle flag became the symbol of segregation.

The chart image is when confederate monument, schools, etc went up. You can clearly see when they went up in history and why.
It is amazing we still have to have this discussion in 2020. But it's is a certain segment of the population that is "Proud to be dumb".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing how certain people use negative words towards others, like:

Jul 12, 2020, 10:14 AM

“Dumb” ..”and certain segments of our population”.

So pious!

Certainly turns off all civil communications, wouldn’t you say?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazing how certain people use negative words towards others, like:

Jul 12, 2020, 10:25 AM

I can't help it, it's like talking with children.

Re: Amazing how certain people use negative words towards others, like:

Jul 12, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Amazing how certain people use negative words towards others, like: ]

“Dumb” ..”and certain segments of our population”.

So pious!

Certainly turns off all civil communications, wouldn’t you say?

I like to call people dumb. I also like sleepy, wacko, overrated. oh the list goes on. But my rating are good, the best at Tigernet. You can't get better rating than my ratings.

TD - re-revealing isn't a word . . .***

Jul 12, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Said that Statues go up in a Nation’s Glory Stage & Fall.. ]

They think so

Jul 12, 2020, 10:27 AM

https://go.gale.com/ps/anonymous?id=GALE%7CA282068858&sid=googleScholar&v=2.1&it=r&linkaccess=abs&issn=14800926&p=LitRC&sw=w

Re: TD - re-revealing isn't a word . . .***

Jul 12, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to TD - re-revealing isn't a word . . .*** ]

The lefty loons said the same with Covfefe. But they show their ignorance, I have some Covfefe, miles and miles of it. So many males of it's wasted. And when I re-reveal how great I am. How can anybody say I'm not great. We've handled this virus better than any other country in the world. I know so much about the virus. People are really surprised I understand this stuff. Every one of these doctors said: ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

Most of the Confederate monuments went up as the Confederate

Jul 12, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Said that Statues go up in a Nation’s Glory Stage & Fall.. ]

veterans starting dying off (early in the 20th century) "MORAN."

Then there was a resurgence of Confederate memorabilia, books, and movies during the Centennial which happened to coincide with some of the civil rights movements "MORAN."

Dear LBB - stop trying to appeal to these people's sense

Jul 12, 2020, 7:51 PM

of Patriotism or Equanimity.

Liberals today are simply the most Bigoted human beings who have ever walked the face of the earth. They are so simply "because" they think they can't be bigoted.

They've slotted themselves the "victim" position in every argument they make, and thus cannot in their minds be the bad person.

Yet they're more sexist than men, more racist than other ethnicities, and more sure of their "elitist status" than the rest of the world's tyrants.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic