Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that hasn’t been able to get excited about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Am I the only one that hasn’t been able to get excited about

Aug 30, 2020, 7:02 PM

Am I the only one that hasn’t been able to get excited about the upcoming season? Also Tigernet doesn’t feel like our first game is two weeks away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one that hasn’t been able to get excited about

Aug 30, 2020, 7:12 PM

Unfortunately TigerNet too caught up in politics at the moment. Maybe the one thing that could destroy Clemson family. Hope not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the unfortunate reality right now...

Aug 30, 2020, 7:47 PM

...2020 The Year of Mucho Suckage continues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Aug 30, 2020, 7:15 PM

Besides the fact that no event at Wake Forest has ever been called the most exciting 25 seconds in college football, I think we're all still holding our breath that this season will actually happen.

Aug 30, 2020, 7:16 PM

When they actually play, I’ll get excited. Still not ...

Aug 30, 2020, 7:46 PM

Still not convinced that games are going to take place or that the season will come off in total.

This is where I am right now, too.***

Aug 30, 2020, 8:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: When they actually play, I’ll get excited. Still not ...

Aug 31, 2020, 12:40 AM [ in reply to When they actually play, I’ll get excited. Still not ... ]

There was a game last night. ### are you ppl thinking games won’t take place

Oh they will play on Sept 12. The season will start.

Aug 31, 2020, 1:14 AM [ in reply to When they actually play, I’ll get excited. Still not ... ]

Nobody truly knows what will happen from there.

Good thing the ACC stayed out in front pushing this season. I think they have a great plan, as best as can be expected. The league understands it's unlikely that nobody will get the virus. The testing plan is solid. Players will be immediately quarantined when it happens, and it will be next man up. No need to panic and shut it all down when it happens. Convincing the world to play through it will be the next hurdle. Stay calm and let the controls work. It will be okay.

I'm excited for football and some semblance of normalcy.

Re: Oh they will play on Sept 12. The season will start.

Aug 31, 2020, 7:59 AM

You're right. I will add that it is up to the players to make good decisions. The culture that Dabo has instilled in our program is built for this.

If the season does push though, it's hard not to imagine some teams losing great players for a couple of games at a time at least. The season will be about depth and discipline. I like our chances.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sheeeiittt, I am as excited

Aug 31, 2020, 12:05 AM

and eager as a new bride for the start of Clemson Football!!

Goooo Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 12:35 AM

No 1 ranked team in the nation preseason with talent everywhere. Heisman trophy candidates at Qb and RB. But you don’t “feel” excited. Go crap up a tree this country sucks now

Aug 31, 2020, 12:41 AM

I think it is because people don't know what to expect with the season as a whole. Will we play all of the games and will it seem like a regular season etc etc?

Aug 31, 2020, 9:27 AM

I think it's a combination of:

1) Not feeling 100% confident that the season will start on the date it's currently scheduled for. I said this past weekend that it was only 2 weeks until football, and then found myself adding that it's 2 weeks from now IF something doesn't change that. I know that I have more hope for it starting on time or being played in general compared to a few weeks ago, but there's still that feeling of uncertainty.

2) Not feeling 100% confident that all of the scheduled games will be completed if the season does start on time. Maybe Clemson is able to play all of our games, but how does it impact the season if other teams have to cancel games? How does it impact the standings if say ND has to cancel 2 games and can't reschedule them for instance?

3) The season won't feel the same regardless because there's no South Carolina game this year, less than 1/4 fans in the stands, and no B10 and PAC 12 teams playing along with a few other conferences. Yeah, the PAC 12 hasn't been a factor in the playoffs in several years, and usually not B10 team other than Ohio State is, but it'll still make it feel much different. That doesn't mean we won't all be excited once the games start, or won't feel proud if we win another title, but it does add to the weird feelings about the upcoming season. It'll also at the very least mean less games to watch each week.

4) For me at least it's been harder to get really excited because it just feels so different. I love playing fantasy football for the NFL for instance, and usually by this time I've done a ton of research and started to develop strategies for my leagues of which I usually play 3. One guy runs 2 of our leagues and he actually cancelled his 2 for this season over the uncertainty. We're still moving forward with playing the 3rd league, but I've done zero research thus far ahead of our draft which is next Thursday. I'm sure that I'll start digging into the information next week, but I'm not even motivated at this point, and it's hard to say why exactly...and no it's not because of any protesting or anything like that at all. Everything just seems weird.

I'm hoping/thinking that once the season gets started that people including myself will get as excited as usual. I think that will be the case, but I think the uncertainty of what happens if any teams start having outbreaks will hover over the season and impact the level of enjoyment for many.

Aug 31, 2020, 6:32 AM

Yea, it's hard to get excited about a season that will last a couple of games and get nixed but who knows. Maybe the good guys will win this time.

If God stills around and worries about college football...

Aug 31, 2020, 8:02 AM

we have bigger problems.

God "winning" isn't at all about college football or partisanship for that matter. Sad that people turn it into that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Aug 31, 2020, 11:16 PM

Nonsensical response.

Aug 31, 2020, 7:50 AM

I'm there myself but not because of uncertainty that games will be played or not. It's the traditions that won't happen that have me down some. Stadium only 1/4 full, no tailgating and no pregame activities. Its these things and more that what makes gameday so great. The game itself is good to, but to me I think all of it goes hand in hand to make it a great experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, man the eff up! Clemson football is about to start.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:03 AM

We will have a great team, one last season with Trevor and ETN. We will go undefeated in the regular season, win the ACC Championship game, then blow the doors off whichever SEC team makes it to the national championship game.

If you can't get excited about that, then I can't help you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yup.***

Aug 31, 2020, 1:34 PM

I think we are all Whistling though the Graveyard. If we

Aug 31, 2020, 1:38 PM

talk about the upcoming season before our first game actually happens, it may disappear like a mirage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 1:42 PM

Somewhere, throngs of people are watching paint dry

Nah it's not just you.

Aug 31, 2020, 2:37 PM

I'm looking forward to November 4th, when this will all be over.

You are not alone.

Aug 31, 2020, 11:59 PM

Maybe for the fans who just tune in on TV to watch the games, it will be the same. But I grew up 15 minutes from campus. Even after graduating, there hasn't been a season in which I haven't personally attended at least 3 home games. I go to at least 1 away game a year (usually in the northeast because that's where some of my best friends from Clemson now live and it's easier for them). I know there are others on this board that have been doing it for twice as long as I have too. So, no, it doesn't feel the same.

I was playing some old CD's the other day because I finally hooked up an old surround sound system I had in the garage... I used to spend a lot of time downloading music and burning CD's in high school and college. Well, one CD had TIGER RAG on it. I was pleasantly surprised when it came on, but it sounded so... foreign. Not being in Death Valley this year to hear that song played and chant along with it and my Clemson family hit me really, really hard. Almost as if it was a thing of the past... I just hope 2020 doesn't ruin the future of the college experience or football.

Sep 1, 2020, 12:14 AM

My takes is it's a combination of things.

1. Not being able to attend games is probably 1st. Never been one to get as much enjoyment watching a game on t.v. as being there in person. Kinda made it to where I'm not as concerned whether the season actually occurs or not.

2. Knowing the decision to limit attendance will kill local small businesses and impact the area in ways I dont think most on here realize yet.

3. Watching and listening to Dabo in his latest criticism of police and basically taking the same standard "look at me" approach with what's going on as far as people willfully targeting police and refusing to apologize with the facts say they did nothing wrong.

4. Not playing South Carolina

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic