Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that gets ticked off every time I see one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Am I the only one that gets ticked off every time I see one

Jan 9, 2021, 7:18 PM

of these millionaire NFL defensive backs break up a pass and then run around for the next minute thumping their chest, and pointing at themselves, slobbering at the mouth patting themselves on the back?

Just what do they think they are being paid those millions to do?

I would make a bet with anybody that if the coaches started pointing at them and doing all sorts of gesticulations from the sideline every time they blew a coverage, or allowed a touchdown over their heads, or dropped an interception that was right in their hands, they would want to be fighting them on the sideline two seconds later.

Congratulating yourself like you just won the Super Bowl every time you just successfully do your job is just another form of modern participation trophy, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one that gets ticked off every time I see one

Jan 9, 2021, 7:24 PM

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 7:24 PM

I totally agree, if you're as good as you believe you are, others will pat you on the back, and others will be telling you how good they believe that you are!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 7:25 PM

Agree. Even worse when they dont break up a pass and if its dropped or overthrown when they get beat and do the same thing. Ridiculous. Act like you been there before. Like you said. Do what your paid for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re not by yourself on this.

Jan 9, 2021, 8:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re not by yourself on this.

Jan 9, 2021, 8:46 PM

Agreed. I can see getting caught up in the moment after a play but they drag it out

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when Billy “white shoes” Johnson started it all?"........

Jan 9, 2021, 8:14 PM

Made me want to puke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when Billy “white shoes” Johnson started it all?"........

Jan 9, 2021, 8:26 PM

They all do that. Just like wearing something in bright colors to draw attention to themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when Billy “white shoes” Johnson started it all?"........

Jan 9, 2021, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Remember when Billy “white shoes” Johnson started it all?"........ ]

Acting like a bunch of fools in the endzone when all of them go running in and do some stupid dance or falling around like a bunch of morons. Getting to the point of not wanting to watch anymore. I know they don't care if we watch or not, but it is nauseating.

Wow, I cannot believe someone mentioned Billy "white shoes"

Jan 9, 2021, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Remember when Billy “white shoes” Johnson started it all?"........ ]

Johnson. I've started to post this before, my best friend growing up was nicknamed "Ump". Because his dad, a gruff old WW2 vet, was called Ump... he umpired baseball games at the old Meadowbrook baseball stadium in Gville. We were watching an NFL game one day when Billy Johnson did his little dance. He spit in a cup (he chewed) and said - "they need to cut that out right now or it'll just get worse". He was a man of few words, but he was certainly right about that. Nip it in the bud!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

remember Mark Gastenknow!!! (SP on purpose)***

Jan 10, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Remember when Billy “white shoes” Johnson started it all?"........ ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 8:45 PM

Have you not seen the last 6 games against the coots?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

likewise the guys who finally tackle a RB after an 8 yard gain

Jan 9, 2021, 9:31 PM

on 3rd and 5, and they jump around and talk trash like they just won the Super Bowl. Uh... you're losing 35-7, and this RB has been running over you all night... and he just got a 1st down. What exactly are you crowing about? Va Tech used to be about the worst team I've ever seen, but I think SCAR takes the cake here lately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: likewise the guys who finally tackle a RB after an 8 yard gain

Jan 9, 2021, 10:26 PM

Ump was right.

Football players are not the only ones who celebrate success at their jobs***

Jan 9, 2021, 10:39 PM

Jan 9, 2021, 11:43 PM

yep kind of silly and the chest beating is so overdone. find something new

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 12:07 AM

Sadly, I see a lot of players, ours included, every time they make a great (or maybe just a play they are supposed to routinely make) looking for attention, beating their chests, pointing at themselves, etc. If you make a good play, people notice, and really, they are on the field to make plays. They are expected to make great plays. JMO, but I hate the chest pumping.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine if T Lawrence

Jan 10, 2021, 4:43 AM

had acted like this every time he made a big play. I saw one reel recent game where he ran it into the EZ (I think ND) and just laid the ball down on the EZ and turned around

Re: Imagine if T Lawrence

Jan 10, 2021, 5:05 AM

What if DW4 acted like he was shooting an arrow after big plays?
Is that bad?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Imagine if T Lawrence

Jan 10, 2021, 7:37 AM

I started to ask what took you so long, but see you’re a morning person.

When DW4 did that, he was just paying homage to the Indians; so it was okay. BTW: TL16 has done the ‘show me the $$’ on occasion after a few plays. That, too, is acceptable bc #1 draft pick, you know?

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I didn't like it when he did that or the superman thing

Jan 10, 2021, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Imagine if T Lawrence ]

either

it only lasts a few seconds and it not drawn out. There is

Jan 10, 2021, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Imagine if T Lawrence ]

noting wrong with showing a little emotion . Dragging it out and carry on, is a little over doing it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 7:41 AM

Billy “white shoes” Johnson started all this sheet years ago in the NFL.
I despise running backs and receivers making the first down signal. We can all see whether or not they made a first down!!!
Defensive players going upfield after a sack or TFL and making moves that look more in tune with wrastlin.
Yes, DBs wagging their finger, “no non no” then give up an easy TD on a blown assignment.
All those “Catholics” that cross themselves after a TD, then a couple of weeks later arrested for beating or ###### women.
I’ve eliminated half the viewing by cutting off the NFL years ago and not too far away with closing the door on college football.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:53 AM

And yes, I hate it even more when players in orange and purple do the same things.

Jan 10, 2021, 8:02 AM

Same with D-linemen after they get a sack. I'd like to see O-lineman dance around every time the defense doesn't get a sack.

Then the game would last an hour longer.***

Jan 10, 2021, 9:12 AM

LOL, good point AFD. And when WR's dance around doing the

Jan 10, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one that gets ticked off every time I see one ]

me-me-me stuff... are they not aware that every one of their teammates had to execute perfectly to make that happen? The OL had to make great blocks, the RB had to pick up that blitzing LB, the slot receiver had to run a perfect route to pull the safety off, the QB had to drop a dime, etc.

And... that is why, my friends, my all-time favorite play will forever be Renfrow's last second catch to beat Bama in 2016... and then just casually flipping the ball over to the ref. Like no big deal. Yep, we're done here boys... where ya'll wanna go for dinner tonight? (LOL) Classic.

I tell my son that everyone see what you did. You do not

Jan 10, 2021, 9:06 AM

have to bring attention to yourself. Prime example, Hunter Renfrow! Just go about your business.

Exactly. Plenty of time for celebrations after the game is

Jan 10, 2021, 11:09 AM

won!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic