Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I The Only Person
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,363

Am I The Only Person

Jan 2, 2021, 12:01 PM

that thinks that Fields finished the game with broken ribs? Am I the only person that thinks Fields was able to finish the game with broken ribs because the Ohio State Medical Staff gave Fields pain killers? Am I the only person that believes this is exactly what happened and that it’s medically unethical?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a player wants to keep playing

Jan 2, 2021, 12:02 PM

I think it’s up to them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If a player wants to keep playing

Jan 2, 2021, 12:11 PM

Got it. So the Coaching Staff and the Medical Staff bare no responsibility for doing what is best for the player? The Coaching Staff and the Medical Staff’s responsibility is to just do what the player wants?

Good to know. I guess we can scrap all this concussion protocol garbage then, huh?

You may be the only one jumping to an extreme conclusion.

You may be right but you fall short of any evidence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You may be the only one jumping to an extreme conclusion.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:26 PM

Well, my eyes saw something and that something looked exactly like broken ribs.

Evidence would be good. Where might that evidence come from? Maybe the Medical Staff? You don’t find the silence deafening?

I also think that they are broken

Why else would the doctors not give him an official diagnosis? Even today they won’t.

They want to be able to play him for the title game

Re: Am I The Only Person

Jan 2, 2021, 12:04 PM

Nope, I texted my buddy late 2nd quarter and said "Fields has broken ribs, can't throw, and we still can't stop Sermon from getting a 1st down". Then all of a sudden he comes out the 2nd half and looks like Tom Brady...

Jan 2, 2021, 12:05 PM

I think so too, but we’re not on the sidelines so no use in speculating. I hope fields is ok. He is a good kid and obviously has some guts to finish that game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if everything you said is true, you are a very naive

Jan 2, 2021, 12:06 PM

individual if you think that doesn't happen on a weekly basis, at a whole lot of places. Maybe even us. Did you not notice Henry barely making it off the field limping, badly, and then back in playing just a little while later with seemingly little evidence of prior injury?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we wrap a sprained ankle or busted ribs, the doctor gives

Jan 2, 2021, 12:16 PM

the green light and the player feels like he can play, then I'm all for it. If we are pumping them full of pain meds to mask a more severe injury then that's another thing all together and they can all go to hayull.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What I found most alarming was Day's comments at half-time

Jan 2, 2021, 12:12 PM

when asked about Field's injury. He said something like "It doesn't matter, he's got to play".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: What I found most alarming was Day's comments at half-time

Jan 2, 2021, 12:20 PM

A player's opinion never overrides a physician's opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course not.***

Jan 2, 2021, 12:31 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Jan 2, 2021, 12:42 PM

Am I the only person that is disgusted by the fact that you’re hating on a player for finishing the game despite getting a dirty hit from our notoriously dirtiest player?

Jan 2, 2021, 12:43 PM

Question:

If the kids ribs are merely bruised, is it OK to give him painkillers for the 2nd half ??

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic