Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I Missing Something?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,365

Am I Missing Something?

Dec 9, 2019, 9:35 AM

Is Tony Elliott chopped liver? Let's not forget that he's up in the booth calling the plays. Jeff, was merely relaying the situation on the field which can be done by Streeter or even Dabo. I think, Tony is a great fit to be the sole Offensive Coordinator. Call me crazy, but I think the guy can coach and recruit fairly well. Yet, we have people asking for a replacement. Let's not forget that we can hire a Running Back coach now and allow Tony Elliott to be the sole Coordinator for the Clemson Offense.

A Few Points to Debunk:

1. If Jeff Scott leaves, our offense will struggle.

WRONG: Tony Elliott is just as capable and we have no need to find a replacement for Jeff Scott. Either a full time WR or RB Coach will suffice.

2. With Jeff Scott leaving, our recruiting efforts will slump.

WRONG: Jeff Scott is a great coach and really good recruiter. However, let's not forget what attracts these young men to Clemson.

a. The Campus is gorgeous and swarming with very attractive young ladies.
b. The Football facilities are unmatched in College Football.
c. The decade of success on and off the field speaks for itself.
d. The number of players we send to the NFL each and every year continues to grow. Not only that, but the number of players we send who actually have solid NFL careers is noticeable across the board.
e. The culture of Clemson Football is a solid factor in why recruits choose Clemson
f. DABO Swinney..... Need I even explain this one?

In short, the success of Clemson has not fallen on the efforts of one man. We will be fine and odds are, Jeff Scott will remain with Clemson until the end of the Playoff. Hopefully, we win the National Championship again this season and are able to replace all of the experience on our Offensive Line... Otherwise, our Super Hero QB will be running for his life next year during the season.

GO TIGERS!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

There's some validity to #2

Dec 9, 2019, 9:41 AM

I'm not saying our recruiting WILL slump, but Jeff Scott was known as one of the best recruiters in the entire country. Losing somebody like that could absolutely have a negative impact on recruiting efforts. It probably won't because we still have Dabo, the Clemson brand, and other capable recruiters on staff, but it is worth monitoring. Hopefully all of the 2020 guys that Scott recruited are still all-in and will ink with the Tigers next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeff was a great recruiter, but remember also, he had a

Dec 9, 2019, 9:48 AM

great product to pitch to recruits. It will take some time and a LOT of effort before he would have anything comparable to pitch to them at South Florida. And, the best he could hope for is to be the biggest fish in the smaller pond that is the Group of Five.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's some validity to #2

Dec 9, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to There's some validity to #2 ]

I'm not saying our recruiting WILL slump, but Jeff Scott was known as one of the best recruiters in the entire country. Losing somebody like that could absolutely have a negative impact on recruiting efforts. It probably won't because we still have Dabo, the Clemson brand, and other capable recruiters on staff, but it is worth monitoring. Hopefully all of the 2020 guys that Scott recruited are still all-in and will ink with the Tigers next week.

While I take notice of Jeff Scott's ability to recruit, it's not him that actually recruits them. He more or less gets the to Dabo Swinney's golf cart ride and tour. Dabo is the closer of the deal. The giver of the title to the deed. We have plenty of recruits begging Clemson for a highly coveted offer. I will say this, Jeff Scott has a talent for recognizing guys that fit the mold for Clemson Football. However, he will be doing us a big favor by stealing recruits from Florida, Miami, and FSU.

Think about it, Jeff Scott doesn't really need to leave the state of Florida to recruit. In fact, I believe it was his recruiting district anyway. He will build a decent program in the State of Florida, but he won't be able to compete against Clemson in any regard. Maybe for a few WRs and DBs but QBs D-Line, LBs, RBs, and Offensive Line we have the recipe for consistent recruiting success. We will snag WRs and DB from other parts... Our DBs will come from Virginia and California. Our WRs will come from Tennessee and California. We may even be able to ###### a few recruits from Jeff out of Florida. Let's not forget that Clemson is now a Blue Blood Program on the rise to a Dynasty under Dabo and when it comes down to offers an offer from Clemson just means more at the end of the day.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Re: Am I Missing Somthing?

Dec 9, 2019, 9:50 AM

Yes, you are missing an "e" in "somthing" in your subject title.

??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 9, 2019, 10:00 AM

So you got my Missing Letter by design... It's the "E" for Elliott.

~Chesty Puller

Dec 9, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I Missing Somthing? ]

I fixed it... LOL I tried to play it off as something I did witty and on purpose. I confess! I did in fact commit a spelling error on Tigernet.com

~Chesty Puller

Dec 9, 2019, 10:00 AM

Man I could not agree more! Tony Elliot is absolutely capable and I think Dabo will reward his loyalty. Giving him the OC job might keep him in place longer as it would immediately improve his stature and $$. Totally agree also that the most we need to do is to get a RB coach and a WR coach. The duo OC thing worked better than I thought however I like the fact that Tony Elliot will be the guy. I do hope that Jeff stays on through the playoffs. Congrats Jeff Scott!

Re: Am I Missing Something?

Dec 9, 2019, 10:04 AM

I will be thrilled if we can just hold on to Coach Elliot for another year.

Agree! Remember how many complained about our OCs?

Dec 9, 2019, 11:09 AM

And now it looks as if both will end up with HC gigs.

Maybe Dabo can hold on to Tony for a while by giving him Jeff’s salary as a nice big bump?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about you, but there is an Island

Dec 9, 2019, 10:08 AM

off the coast of New Zealand that's missing most of it's land mass now!! Cruise ship let it's passengers off to "go: visit the volcano right before it blew, great idea! Then tried to retrieve as the volcano erupted, got some but not all, lawyers gonna have a field day with this one!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is likely that Scott

Dec 9, 2019, 10:19 AM

Will leave right away as recruiting is in full swing and the new coach must be a major part of it. He likely will have a staff to fill as some of the old staff will leave andthat is very important too. He can’t afford to wait until January to become the head coach. That starts the minute the contract is signed ... I would guess.

Re: it is likely that Scott

Dec 9, 2019, 10:37 AM

I can't see any others on this staff leaving for USF. Good step up for Jeff and Sara but for anyone to go along as an assistant would be a major step down. Jeff will have options for assistants but they will be from other schools.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Dec 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

I haven't heard anyone say Elliott couldn't handle it

Dec 9, 2019, 12:38 PM

without Scott.

Recruiting will "notice" - I don't know if it will "suffer".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I Missing Something?

Dec 9, 2019, 1:37 PM

TONY IS THE MAN!!! We will be just fine with him at the helm. Dabo always has a plan. Don't worry guys.

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,365
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic